MVP Patrick Mahomes Thread

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, xen said:

File this under "D" for "Duh".  Take a lot more than 1 good year to knock off Pat though, ya salty bastard.

So Patrick has had one good year? OK Joe.  :lol: 

Their is another video with chase getting asked that same question and as expected he says Burrow.   Then a reporter tells him what Joe says to which chase responds by saying  Pat who.    

The week leading up to that game is going to be real fun especially if the 1 seed is still in play for both teams.  

13 hours ago, mex said:

So Patrick has had one good year? OK Joe.  :lol: 

Guess I took Burrow's remarks differently.  Seems he is saying Mahomes is at the top and will stay there until someone surpasses him.  If a QB outclasses him this season or any season, then the debate about who's best can begin.  Until them, it's Pat. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Guess I took Burrow's remarks differently.  Seems he is saying Mahomes is at the top and will stay there until someone surpasses him.  If a QB outclasses him this season or any season, then the debate about who's best can begin.  Until them, it's Pat. 

"Until someone has a better year than he's had"

1 minute ago, mex said:

"Until someone has a better year than he's had"

Yeah, I noted that, but took it to mean just what I posted.  No one year flash in the pan is going to displace Mahomes as the current top QB.  But if Allen, Herbert, Burrows, or Lawrence has a monster year, the debates will begin.  It's what sports fans do.  Who's the GOAT is subjective.  Some would say SB wins, some yds. or TDs, some regular season dominance or longevity.  Game winning drives or come from behind wins are other measures.  Patrick has done it all except for SB wins and longevity so enjoy the ride. 

17 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, I noted that, but took it to mean just what I posted.  No one year flash in the pan is going to displace Mahomes as the current top QB.  But if Allen, Herbert, Burrows, or Lawrence has a monster year, the debates will begin.  It's what sports fans do.  Who's the GOAT is subjective.  Some would say SB wins, some yds. or TDs, some regular season dominance or longevity.  Game winning drives or come from behind wins are other measures.  Patrick has done it all except for SB wins and longevity so enjoy the ride. 

Who's not enjoying the ride?

Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Maxx Crosby claims he was given a shoulder check by Patrick Mahomes before he headbutted the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback. On October 11th, the Chiefs hosted the Raiders in a Monday Night Football Game.

As division rivals, the Chiefs and Raiders get to play at least twice per year and there is always extra fire and intensity when those two teams play against each other. Their first meeting of the 2022 season was a thriller and it also featured Crosby headbutting Mahomes.

“[Mahomes] was talking back like …’Aye, what’s up?’ And so, they went down and scored. And I’m standing and watching, and they were all running in the end zone. I get bumped behind my back.I get hit with a shoulder. I turned my shoulder, and it was Pat, and he was still running. I’m like, ‘Oh no, I’m not going for that,’ and so I ran straight to him and I headbutted him, like ‘What’s up?," Crosby said on the VonCast with Von Miller, via Sports Illustrated.

Crosby says Mahomes is not backing down from trash talk

“When I’m out there, he’s talking s--- right back at me. Most quarterbacks aren’t like that. They are silent. They’re not going to say much," Crosby added.

That night, the Raiders made a really strong against the Chiefs as they opened a 17-point lead. But the Mahomes-led Chiefs didn't surrender as they managed to create a major comeback and beat the Raiders 30-29. In Week 18, the Raiders hosted the Chiefs in their regular-season finale.

This time, there wasn't really any drama as the Chiefs routinely beat the Raiders 31-13. In 2023, their first meeting is scheduled for November 26th, when the Raiders are hosting the Chiefs. On Christmas Day, the Chiefs will be playing the Raiders on their home field.

Any rational and unbiased mind would know Mahomes is the best QB in the league....and he has the hardware to back it up. Anyone picking Burrow or Allen or Hurts or Herbert are either being a blind homer or trying to stir the pot just for the sake of doing it. There are dozens of metrics to measure performance. Bengals fans will pick one where Burrow has a better rating than Mahomes (ignoring all the others) and make their case. 

30 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Any rational and unbiased mind would know Mahomes is the best QB in the league....and he has the hardware to back it up. Anyone picking Burrow or Allen or Hurts or Herbert are either being a blind homer or trying to stir the pot just for the sake of doing it. There are dozens of metrics to measure performance. Bengals fans will pick one where Burrow has a better rating than Mahomes (ignoring all the others) and make their case. 

Pot stirring is how the talking heads make their living.  Fans will always look for the positives in their favorite players.  In the end, what happens on the field is all that matters.  I don't care about how the national media or other fans view Mahomes, the Chiefs, or KC.  The team we care about is on top and it doesn't get any better than that.  

Ask someone which QB in the NFL they'd pick to build their team around if they could have any of them. If the answer isn't Patrick Mahomes then I'm not sure what the reasoning would be. He lacks in nothing.