MVP Patrick Mahomes Thread

27 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Ask someone which QB in the NFL they'd pick to build their team around if they could have any of them. If the answer isn't Patrick Mahomes then I'm not sure what the reasoning would be. He lacks in nothing. 

Agree.  Some homers favoring other QBs might argue that Mahomes owes much of his success to falling in with Andy Reid but I would think he would be a winner in most systems.  Losing Hill and throwing for 5000+ last season proves that Mahomes makes the receivers, not the other way around.  

11 hours ago, West said:

Reid is one lucky SOB to have listened to Veach to get Patrick.  If we look back, Dorsey was still the GM and nobody ever says, "John and Brett were pushing for Pat Mahomes......."  No, it is only Veach.

Ditching Dorsey and elevating Veach will be one of the greatest inflection points in Chief's history.

As far as Pat Mahomes, he has redefined the position and has generated a whole new level of excitement for the NFL.

Other than Brady, Mahomes is the  Greatest QB of this generation....Mahomes  makes Aaron Rogers look like a guy who choked in the Big Games....time after time.  Mahomes is also the guy that never lets Allen or Herbert "GET" to the Big Game.....

w

Mahomes has way more talent than Brady. Brady was cheap for a lot of his early years (Bledsoe years) then was smart enough to work with the org to keep his contracts team friendly. He had the benefit of a HOF coach and enjoyed a great forward-thinking front office.

Mahomes has all these things, but with much more talent. Mahomes is GOAT right now, in almost every sense other than rings. He will get there. 

13 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Really if Andy leaves, it seems Patrick would suffer. Seems like also they have like a father-son relationship!

I don't see the organization allowing that to happen, they will do their best to have a succession plan in place for when AR decides to call it a day. short term says it could be Nagy.

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

and you have somebody else in mind to  make it a seamless transition? And if your argument is that he sucked in Chicago that argument has soo many holes in it.

Nagy will have his chance to show it. Bienemy also could be looked at if there is a long shot chance/dark horse. Why not look towards Doug Pederson? He has been successful since leaving the Chiefs and knows the system etc. He is the guy they need to loom at before just giving it to Nagy.

31 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Nagy will have his chance to show it. Bienemy also could be looked at if there is a long shot chance/dark horse. Why not look towards Doug Pederson? He has been successful since leaving the Chiefs and knows the system etc. He is the guy they need to loom at before just giving it to Nagy.

Pederson has a HC Job until further notice with an up n coming team so unless the unforeseen happens he's untouchable.  JMO but I think Pederson will do well in Jacksonville..he's got the Qb already

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

and you have somebody else in mind to  make it a seamless transition? And if your argument is that he sucked in Chicago that argument has soo many holes in it.

I don't think you can replace Reid seamlessly.  IMO he's one of the top 5 coaches in the history of the game.  But there's nothing about Nagy that makes me think he's the guy.  He has been a coordinator for 1 season and a head coach for 4.   His Chicago team got worse every year and really the only bright spot was Fangio and a ridiculous defense.  Trubisky got worse under him.  I think there's just as many holes in the argument that Nagy is the dude.  

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Pederson has a HC Job until further notice with an up n coming team so unless the unforeseen happens he's untouchable.  JMO but I think Pederson will do well in Jacksonville..he's got the Qb already

3 years from now he may do well but I doubt they go all the way. He may want to takeover here having Mahomes, I mean who wouldn't? He also has the big game experience and won it all. He may seem untouchable but I think having a chance to come here with a team Reid leaves, could sway things easily imo.

46 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I don't think you can replace Reid seamlessly.  IMO he's one of the top 5 coaches in the history of the game.  But there's nothing about Nagy that makes me think he's the guy.  He has been a coordinator for 1 season and a head coach for 4.   His Chicago team got worse every year and really the only bright spot was Fangio and a ridiculous defense.  Trubisky got worse under him.  I think there's just as many holes in the argument that Nagy is the dude.  

Nagy didn't pick trubisky and no one else has done anything with him either.  Without a QB you're toast, especially once defenses get film on you and the QB can't adapt.    He was so good for the Stillers they benched him after 4 games.  You think they don't have good coaches?

Nagy will be good.  Reminder he was Pat's OC during his learning year and was coach of the year in Chicago as well.  He didn't forget how to coach he just didn't have much talent to work with.  That's a front office failure.

3 hours ago, xen said:

Nagy didn't pick trubisky and no one else has done anything with him either.  Without a QB you're toast, especially once defenses get film on you and the QB can't adapt.    He was so good for the Stillers they benched him after 4 games.  You think they don't have good coaches?

Nagy will be good.  Reminder he was Pat's OC during his learning year and was coach of the year in Chicago as well.  He didn't forget how to coach he just didn't have much talent to work with.  That's a front office failure.

Nagy wanted Trubisky that draft. 

5 hours ago, xen said:

Reminder he was Pat's OC during his learning year 

I'm reminded how bad the offensive coordinating was that year.  Andy took the fall for the play calling and People were insisting that he give up the offense.  After he left, Reid regained genius status.  The playoff game was God awful. 

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

No, when he was with the Chiefs he was wanting Trubisky here as a Chief.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/08/new-bears-coach-matt-nagy-liked-mitchell-trubisky-in-the-draft/

Nagy was in good company then.  Nearly every analyst had Trubisky as the QB of the draft that year.  Mahomes was normally ranked third.  I suspect anyone taking a HC job would pump up the QBOTF for the franchise that hired him.  If Veach hadn't pounded the table for Mahomes, would Dorsey and Reid have taken him over Watson or Trubisky?  Veach apparently forced the Chiefs to take a closer look at Mahomes that others teams did.  Can't blame Nagy for thinking Trubisky had a future.  

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Nagy was in good company then.  Nearly every analyst had Trubisky as the QB of the draft that year.  Mahomes was normally ranked third.  I suspect anyone taking a HC job would pump up the QBOTF for the franchise that hired him.  If Veach hadn't pounded the table for Mahomes, would Dorsey and Reid have taken him over Watson or Trubisky?  Veach apparently forced the Chiefs to take a closer look at Mahomes that others teams did.  Can't blame Nagy for thinking Trubisky had a future.  

Personally I think trubisky has a much better career under reid.  No way to know for sure obviously 

14 hours ago, kkuenn said:

3 years from now he may do well but I doubt they go all the way. He may want to takeover here having Mahomes, I mean who wouldn't? He also has the big game experience and won it all. He may seem untouchable but I think having a chance to come here with a team Reid leaves, could sway things easily imo.

You have a few other factors you will have to consider as well. QB/coach relationship.   Right or wrong they will take Mahomes opinion on Reids replacement and Mahomes loves Nagy where as Pederson was gone before Mahomes was even drafted.  Pederson may develop a pretty strong relationship with Lawerence and if that happens its not so easy especially if he thinks without Reid his chance to get to the SB just increased. 

Alot can change on both sides in 3 yrs though.  I just hope Reid and Kelce dont hang it up at the same time. 

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

No, when he was with the Chiefs he was wanting Trubisky here as a Chief.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/08/new-bears-coach-matt-nagy-liked-mitchell-trubisky-in-the-draft/

lol he didnt say he wanted trubisky over mahomes he said he liked him coming out, but still, what's he gonna say?

"you know I'm the new coach and my starting qb whom they drafted 2nd overall last year is total crap so fuck that guy.  I probably should have told the team that during my interview, but i wanted to be a head coach so here we are."

- Alternate Universe Matt Nagy in 2018

10 hours ago, xen said:

lol he didnt say he wanted trubisky over mahomes he said he liked him coming out, but still, what's he gonna say?

"you know I'm the new coach and my starting qb whom they drafted 2nd overall last year is total crap so fuck that guy.  I probably should have told the team that during my interview, but i wanted to be a head coach so here we are."

- Alternate Universe Matt Nagy in 2018

I know for a fact that's exactly what he said, because that's where I live.  It's this universe that confuses the fuck out of me.