MVP Patrick Mahomes Thread

1 hour ago, mex said:

Preseason is merely a 'Let's see if I can pull this off' session to Patrick.

The behind the back pass will happen this year, bank it.

The first one may have to happen in a blowout or Andy may go off.  Once proof of concept happens, it's on.

2 hours ago, mex said:

Preseason is merely a 'Let's see if I can pull this off' session to Patrick.

The behind the back pass will happen this year, bank it.

I already have. You know it's going to happen.  I don't think it will happen in a blowout game, though.  That would look like a kind of taunting.Reid doesn't think that is in our long term interests. I think it will happen when we are behind and trying to make another miracle comeback.  It will happen in a situation where Reid or Nagy see some defensive alignment or personnel matchup that leaves that play a slam dunk. Something guaranteed to leave an opposing defense in a total state of exasperation and frustration, something that will take the wind out their sails.

6 hours ago, West said:

He is a shortstop playing in the NFL....He has skills and athleticism that others do not even contemplate.

w

When he jumped in the air at the sideline... then threw the ball back into the field of play, almost completing it... he's sending a clear message to the league. "I don't GAF how y'all been doing it... I'ma do it my way from here on out."

4 hours ago, mex said:

When he jumped in the air at the sideline... then threw the ball back into the field of play, almost completing it... he's sending a clear message to the league. "I don't GAF how y'all been doing it... I'ma do it my way from here on out."

I don't suppose it ever happens again, but are defenders now going to get some latitude hitting him as long as he hasn't touch ground?  

9 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I don't suppose it ever happens again, but are defenders now going to get some latitude hitting him as long as he hasn't touch ground?  

Good question. I would say no.

Why? Many might be too young to remember, but there was a 3rd down where Manusky and DT were chasing Elway in the flat... they were going to hammer him about 3 yds short of the LTG. Right before they were going to hit him, he changed direction turning hard to the sideline, going OOB to avoid the hits... seeing this, they both let up... and when they did, he planted his foot and pivoted to stay inbounds... picking up the needed yards to move the chains.

Everyone on the defense was flabbergasted... they even argued with the refs for an unsportsmanlike flag. To no avail. 

The guys in the booth did nothing but praise Elway for his 'competitive spirit' and his 'will to win' by abusing the rules to his advantage in a critical situation. 

Some of the older guys might remember that game... might have been the one where Shannon Sharp got the best of DT with his trash talk and got him ejected.

2 hours ago, mex said:

Good question. I would say no.

Why? Many might be too young to remember, but there was a 3rd down where Manusky and DT were chasing Elway in the flat... they were going to hammer him about 3 yds short of the LTG. Right before they were going to hit him, he changed direction turning hard to the sideline, going OOB to avoid the hits... seeing this, they both let up... and when they did, he planted his foot and pivoted to stay inbounds... picking up the needed yards to move the chains.

Everyone on the defense was flabbergasted... they even argued with the refs for an unsportsmanlike flag. To no avail. 

The guys in the booth did nothing but praise Elway for his 'competitive spirit' and his 'will to win' by abusing the rules to his advantage in a critical situation. 

Some of the older guys might remember that game... might have been the one where Shannon Sharp got the best of DT with his trash talk and got him ejected.

Yep...I remember that game.  Donkeys played dirty as hell, as usual, and DT melted the fuck down.

Watched a little of the Jets Hard Knocks. They were acting like they were amazed that A A Ron was throwing no look passes. Never mentioned that it's old news for Chiefs fans. Mahomes has and will do things on the field that other QBs including Rodgers are incapable of doing and it goes back to west's point of Mahomes being a shortstop and multi-sport athlete. Mahomes is built different. He doesn't fear the turnover, doesn't fear throwing a game ending INT in an effort to pull out a win. EVERY team is looking for the next Mahomes. He's revolutionized the game.  

Theres a few things that may have been mentioned in this thread that amazes me about mahomes is his vision and an unbelievable knack of subtle movements during a play. 
1. Brady even mentioned that mahomes can see things develop( plays) that others cannot. The vision and anticipation of where to put the ball is unbelievable. 
2. subtle movements. Go back and look at that TD run against the titans late in second half. He makes a subtle movement to the defender before heading up the sidelines. Quick head and shoulder movement then boom see ya! 

Im loving being a longtime chiefs fan and so grateful that I’m not shitting my pants anymore when it’s 3rd and 10 or more. 

5 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Watched a little of the Jets Hard Knocks. They were acting like they were amazed that A A Ron was throwing no look passes. Never mentioned that it's old news for Chiefs fans. Mahomes has and will do things on the field that other QBs including Rodgers are incapable of doing and it goes back to west's point of Mahomes being a shortstop and multi-sport athlete. Mahomes is built different. He doesn't fear the turnover, doesn't fear throwing a game ending INT in an effort to pull out a win. EVERY team is looking for the next Mahomes. He's revolutionized the game.  

Jets are going to be sadly disappointed with that fucking weirdo Rogers.  His self love and circus that he creates is going to destroy that team.

On 8/22/2023 at 5:13 PM, Mr Ev said:

Jets are going to be sadly disappointed with that fucking weirdo Rogers.  His self love and circus that he creates is going to destroy that team.

Don’t kid yourself. He’s a good QB. Will have some amazing receivers. The jets will be a force. 

2 hours ago, mex said:

Don’t kid yourself. He’s a good QB. Will have some amazing receivers. The jets will be a force. 

We will see.  I’m just happy Josh Allen has to deal with his division.  Not going to be a cake walk.  

4 hours ago, mex said:

Yep. That defense is pretty good. Their running game is pretty solid. Aaron still has the talent to be the 2nd best QB in the league.

4 minutes ago, mex said:

that ain't no shit

The first football game I ever watched was the Jets vs the college all stars preseason game when I was nine.

I liked the Jets, because they were, ya know Jets. I was an airplane fanatic and my dad was USAF, so it seemed natural. 

I watched a lot of football that season and still liked the Jets until Super Bowl IV, when KC became my team.

If it weren't for Hank Stram I might now be a Jets fan. God bless Hank.