MVP Patrick Mahomes Thread

24 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

The first football game I ever watched was the Jets vs the college all stars preseason game when I was nine.

I liked the Jets, because they were, ya know Jets. I was an airplane fanatic and my dad was USAF, so it seemed natural. 

I watched a lot of football that season and still liked the Jets until Super Bowl IV, when KC became my team.

If it weren't for Hank Stram I might now be a Jets fan. God bless Hank.

That's funny... I became a Chiefs fan in '68. Got one of those vibrating football boards for Christmas... came with the Chiefs and the Jets. My dad hated Namath's bigmouth boisterousness since his days at Bama... so of course I set up the Chiefs players... #16... #89 etc. Started following them at that time, and got to enjoy their SB win a few years later.

Of course we didn't get them on TV... had to watch highlights on NFL Films with John Facenda narrating. Good times... 

1 hour ago, mex said:

That's funny... I became a Chiefs fan in '68. Got one of those vibrating football boards for Christmas... came with the Chiefs and the Jets. My dad hated Namath's bigmouth boisterousness since his days at Bama... so of course I set up the Chiefs players... #16... #89 etc. Started following them at that time, and got to enjoy their SB win a few years later.

Of course we didn't get them on TV... had to watch highlights on NFL Films with John Facenda narrating. Good times... 

Oh, man. Facenda and NFL films was the best. I enjoyed those as much as the games. 

I got one of those football games for Christmas one year and wore it out. If the RB was making progress somewhere in the general direction of the goal line you were having a good game. 

9 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Oh, man. Facenda and NFL films was the best. I enjoyed those as much as the games. 

I got one of those football games for Christmas one year and wore it out. If the RB was making progress somewhere in the general direction of the goal line you were having a good game. 

ha ha... that stupid fuzzy felt "football" always fell out of the runner's hand... after about 10 seconds of action, most of the players ended up dancing in circles :lol:  spent hours paying that idiotic game

12 hours ago, mex said:

ha ha... that stupid fuzzy felt "football" always fell out of the runner's hand... after about 10 seconds of action, most of the players ended up dancing in circles :lol:  spent hours paying that idiotic game

that was a fun game.  the whole neighborhood would get together and play that.  

1 hour ago, mex said:

This is the perfect post for an "OK Boomer" emoji :lol: 

Glad I'm not the only old fuck around here. 

That was my first thought reading through these recent posts on an MVPat thread..."Damn, y'all old!"

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I can always reload.

I plan to live forever.  So far, so good.

You realize that all of us have exactly two minutes to live.  It's just that the timer is re-set each time we take a breath.

"The ravaged face in the mirror hides the enchanting youth that is the real me."

Saw a post somewhere that pointed out that Burrows has won a number of away playoff games and Mahomes has never won even one.  Thus, Burrows has a much better future ahead of him.  The poster failed to point out that Mahomes has never had an away playoff game.  Maybe if one counts SBs where he lost one, but it shows how stats can be twisted. 

19 hours ago, jetlord said:

Saw a post somewhere that pointed out that Burrows has won a number of away playoff games and Mahomes has never won even one.  Thus, Burrows has a much better future ahead of him.  The poster failed to point out that Mahomes has never had an away playoff game.  Maybe if one counts SBs where he lost one, but it shows how stats can be twisted. 

Exactly.  I was thnking the same thing. 

On 9/5/2023 at 5:59 PM, jetlord said:

Meh I love that shit.  Petty Mahomes is the best version of Mahomes.  I hope they disrespect the crap out of him.  

200w (12).gif

• 1 month later...