Cһris Jones wants the Shark to come back: ‘Let’s Finisһ It

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I think we need a vet DE. Extremely young there. Dunlap, Clark? I think Clark will feel he's worth more than he is. 

We do have Danna and Omenihu who are vets. 

do we really need to bring in an aging player to take reps away from Karlaftis, FAU, or Thompson? 

and it might be time to see what we have with Kaindoh. 

Plus Chris Jones has shown to kick out to end on times 

11 minutes ago, Palangi said:

We do have Danna and Omenihu who are vets. 

do we really need to bring in an aging player to take reps away from Karlaftis, FAU, or Thompson? 

and it might be time to see what we have with Kaindoh. 

Plus Chris Jones has shown to kick out to end on times 

Yes

Turns out Pennel as well. I guess Jones liked both guys quite a lot.

The only thing that is critical for me is that may be this enthusiasm is due to an agreement on a new extension. I wouldn't mind entering next season only worrying about Snead. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Turns out Pennel as well. I guess Jones liked both guys quite a lot.

The only thing that is critical for me is that may be this enthusiasm is due to an agreement on a new extension. I wouldn't mind entering next season only worrying about Snead. 

I wouldn't count on that happening.  

31 minutes ago, kccrow said:

I'd have no issues with Clark on a 3m deal like Dunlap got last year, nor Pennel at vet min. I actually would strongly support both. 

but he's already getting 7M to sit on his ass so your saying 10M? Fuck That!

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Well, the $7 million is already spent so it's not like Clark would cost another $10M.  The thing that's notable is that to even sign Clark for $3M would mean Jones would have to sign an extension which history shows he's not inclined to do.  Maybe if they're close to a deal, he would sign quicker just to get his friend back.  With Omenihu and two rookies who won't be cut, I'm not sure when or where Clark would play.  

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

He isn't getting shit. 7m is a sunk cost from his prior contract that he was paid years ago and is merely a cap artifact.

I know people like to bag on him because he wasn't worth his prior contract but Clark is easily worth 3 and he's probably worth 6. What matters at this point is if you think he can remain productive at least at last season's rate. Okoronkwo just signed a contract of 3/19 with Cleveland this year and about 2/3 of that is guaranteed. He's 1 year younger than Clark and his best-ever season by a country mile came last year and wasn't quite as good as Clark's. He's definitely worth no less than the 4.5 per that Lorenzo Carter received. 

20 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think Sneed is unfortunately gone next year.  

21 hours ago, SEMO said:

I wouldn't count on that happening.  

That's very likely the scenario. I don't mind keeping him around for the right amount but looks like a 3rd could be on its way to us.

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

That's very likely the scenario. I don't mind keeping him around for the right amount but looks like a 3rd could be on its way to us.

I hate developing players for other teams to benefit from during the player's prime years. Sneed is fun watch and easy to root for. Would hate to lose him, but the rate we keep drafting DBs suggests that we'll let him walk. 

On 5/10/2023 at 1:42 PM, oldtimer said:

Could we get him back for the 7 mil on the cap hit, plus a little extra so he can save face? Like, if we're already having the 7 mil counted against our cap, why not offer him a little more now?

Got no idea how all that works.