Expect Patrick Mahomes to again be the highest-paid player in league history, before Week One

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I'm a huge Mahomes fan.  Obviously we all are.  But I'm not sure I'd come running to his defense if he started complaining about his half a billion dollar contract.  

you can achieve thing s without becoming a noisy greasy wheel. if his contract turns him into the 15th top paid QB  fans would be saying Pay da man. I dont think anyone in their right mind is  thinking this would happen this year

45 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

you can achieve thing s without becoming a noisy greasy wheel. if his contract turns him into the 15th top paid QB  fans would be saying Pay da man. I dont think anyone in their right mind is  thinking this would happen this year

I agree with that.  I guess I misunderstood the thread title.  

On 5/10/2023 at 12:14 PM, xen said:

Honestly Clark might get the cold shoulder from the owners like the Browns are getting.  Owners are very against fully guaranteed contracts and percentage contracts.

Though I will say it makes a lot of sense and if anyone deserves it or can pull it off it's Mahomes.

Everyone seems to be assuming Patrick is unhappy with his current contract. Who knows. I'll leave it up to Clark, Veach & Co to be communicating with him. When I think of the relationship between the front office and Patrick, 'adversarial' is not an adjective that comes to mind.

But then there's guys like LJ8, Rodgers, and Carr... I just don't see Patrick getting into a squabble over what others are making. When he signed the contract, he was the highest paid QB in history... by a significant amount.

19 minutes ago, mex said:

Everyone seems to be assuming Patrick is unhappy with his current contract. Who knows. I'll leave it up to Clark, Veach & Co to be communicating with him. When I think of the relationship between the front office and Patrick, 'adversarial' is not an adjective that comes to mind.

But then there's guys like LJ8, Rodgers, and Carr... I just don't see Patrick getting into a squabble over what others are making. When he signed the contract, he was the highest paid QB in history... by a significant amount.

Everyone? Florio mentioned it throwing shit on the wall. We are discussing Florio shit until someone throws more intriguing shit. 

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Everyone? Florio mentioned it throwing shit on the wall. We are discussing Florio shit until someone throws more intriguing shit. 

Nothing better than more intriguing shit... 

Seems like there are lots of people in this thread concerned Patrick isn't happy. Suggesting cap percentage based contracts etc... just expanding on what I'm seeing

1 hour ago, mex said:

Yeah people forget that when he signed his contract the AAV was over 30% more than the highest QB contract at the time.  The AAV's have gone crazy since then but a lot of that is due to Pat's contract.  After Burrowhead and Capt. Lightning Turd sign their contracts, Pat will be 9th in AAV.  That's crazy.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Last week Florio thought KC was taking advantage of Mahomes by not making him the highest paid QB so yea its Florio shit stirring.  He is wanting Mahomes to bend KC over cause he knows that if KC pays him what he is worth it diminishes the rest of the team.   People are just getting tired of KC in AFCCG and SB and to those people i say tough shit.  

Mahomes has openly said he is happy with the money as he set for life.  Said that money is one thing but when its said done championships are what you look back on. 

3 hours ago, mex said:

I'm sure there are some ego things occasionally.  But I can't imagine how anyone could be too unhappy making 50 million a year to play football, winning Super Bowls and making another 7 million a year in endorsements.  And he's one of the most popular athletes in America.  The only problems in his life are his brother and owning part of the Royals.  

3 hours ago, xen said:

Yeah people forget that when he signed his contract the AAV was over 30% more than the highest QB contract at the time.  The AAV's have gone crazy since then but a lot of that is due to Pat's contract.  After Burrowhead and Capt. Lightning Turd sign their contracts, Pat will be 9th in AAV.  That's crazy.

Anyone paying attention knows other QBs will eventually catch up and then surpass a QB on an older contract. Guaranteed Patrick and Veach understood this 3 years ago... which is an eternity in NFL contract land. 

They will always be able to restructure and that works both ways... it gives Patrick the ability to make more as the cap increases, and it gives Veach the ability to navigate the cap for the rest of the team. 

I'm with Reese on this... ain't no way in hell Patrick is unhappy with a half-billion dollar contract, with endorsements that could push him to 3/4 billion.  It's a great situation and florio has his head up his ass.

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

We're discussing it, so Florio has already won.  

Meh. Florio isn’t the only pundit who ever brought up that topic. Long as you didn’t click his link, he didn’t win.