Dwayne Bowe explained

I'm not going to make excuses for the guy. Many receivers produce consistently regardless of the QB. Bowe is what he is. He'd be best suited as a team's #2 receiver behind a true #1. Problem is, Bowe makes ELITE receiver money and is nowhere in the ballpark. It's so far from close it isn't worth arguing the point to me any further. If you guys are content with Bowe and at the salary he commands, hey that's your choice and I respectfully disagree with it.

What recievers year in and year out produce at a high level with shitty ass quarterbacks?  I dont recall too many. 

What recievers year in and year out produce at a high level with shitty ass quarterbacks? I dont recall too many.

Put a ring on it and it will look a lot better - otherwise just a bunch of empty stats. #25 doesn't need a ring to deserve to be on the Ring... #82 just doesn't have the same claim to inherent greatness, and he needs to score some SuperBowl TD's to ever belong in that company, I don't care if he's the Chiefs' all-time leading receiver or not.

What recievers year in and year out produce at a high level with shitty ass quarterbacks?  I dont recall too many. 

There are plenty enough. Right now, guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Steve Smith come to mind as guys that have had less than stellar QBs for long durations. Recent past I think of guys like Tim Brown and Herman Moore and so forth. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Bowe is not as good as people think he is and he's nowhere near as good as his salary. When you have a team that needs to retain quality players, someone often has to get the axe. There are but a few players the axe can fall on, and you look first at those that don't produce near their salaries. Bowe is at the very top of that list.

There are plenty enough. Right now, guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Steve Smith come to mind as guys that have had less than stellar QBs for long durations. Recent past I think of guys like Tim Brown and Herman Moore and so forth. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Bowe is not as good as people think he is and he's nowhere near as good as his salary. When you have a team that needs to retain quality players, someone often has to get the axe. There are but a few players the axe can fall on, and you look first at those that don't produce near their salaries. Bowe is at the very top of that list.

I've felt, without evidence, that shitty ass QBs will force it to their star receiver, resulting in more yards and more TDs than normal to those receivers, but more INTs and fewer yards or TDs to others.

Without labeling Cassell a shitty ass QB, I did think that Bowe benefitted by Cassell throwing to him even when it wasn't the best choice. WRs don't get INTs, only QBs do; but WRs get yards and TDs. Bowe benefitted, Cassell didn't.

Bowe is a lousy player, right? Then how come nobody has beaten him out of a starting job since 2008?

Nobody said he's "lousy", but you'll not find many in support of the notion that he merits being one of the NFL's too-paid receivers.

Bowe is a lousy player, right?   Then how come nobody has beaten him out of a starting job since 2008?

Not lousy, actually rather okay. Just not worth his pay grade. Only Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, and Percy Harvin are making more money than Bowe this year and 2 of those 4 are on pace to be Hall of Fame players. I already showed you the stats, choose to ignore them if you want. Bowe is currently 42nd in the league in receptions and yards. He is the 5th highest paid receiver. Does that equate? It didn't last year either. It likely wont' next year. I'm not saying he's bad, he's just not worth the money. I'd much rather guys that actually produce are on this team, than guys that are paid elite and produce like a mid-level number 2.

Archived