Imagine a top 10 defense or a top 5

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

I feel really good about this group against the pass, but worry a little about the run D. But good luck keeping up with Pat by pounding the ball. I am hoping that rookie DT can stuff the middle because Nnadi can’t. 

You are correct... ask Tennessee how pounding the rock worked out for them in the 2019 AFCCG.

One step at a time. Pass defense is much better which helps when Mahomes likes to go up early in the game. Now we need to add some run defense to make this a top 10 unit. By the way the numbers may help in that regard but I don't see that much of a difference between a top 5 defense and a top 10 defense. It's mostly based on the opponent anyway.

Stats like this are stupid, and to me meaningless.  You want to know why were top 10 in the league stopping the run?  Because people cant run the ball if they are going to keep up with the points we put on the board.  Even teams that ran the ball like crazy on us didn't win because of it.  Point being you can take a stat and turn it into what ever you want.  I doubt we will ever be a top 5 defense for the specific reason stated.  We score too many points, too fast, and that wears a defense down.  I'd settle for a couple extra stops a game, and let MVPat put the game away.

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

The Chiefs were 8th in the league in rush defense.  And 7 yards per game from being a top 5 run defense.  

Which is wild, but it's probably because everyone becomes one-dimensional when they are forced to pass.

56 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

The Chiefs should make a run at signing DonkeyKong Suh to a 1 year deal and solidify the middle. 

He's already said he won't sign before training camp.  Last year it was like November before he signed.

The Chiefs have invested in the Defense - no question about it.  The fact we won a Super Bowl last in February is a testimony that the plan is working.

Pass Rush and Coverage are the key to being successful in today's NFL.  Add in the #1 Offense and you have created a very unconformable situation for opposing teams.

Let's keep winning Super Bowls...

w

5 minutes ago, West said:

Let's keep winning Super Bowls...

5 more before Patrick retires. It's all I ask. He won 2 in 5 years, at this pace he could do it before he's 40.

4 hours ago, West said:

I think 4 more puts the Chiefs at 7....

I like that as well.....

Pat Mahomes is an absolute blessing....

w

5 more ties MVPat with TB12 so he can legit be the GOAT.

10 hours ago, mex said:

5 more ties MVPat with TB12 so he can legit be the GOAT.

If Mahomes gets 5 or 6 rings, especially 6, but destroys all NFL records and has more playoff wins, mvps etc He will be considered the goat imo. Brady and company has a lot of scandals from delayed balls, recording the opponents and what not. 

8 hours ago, kkuenn said:

If Mahomes gets 5 or 6 rings, especially 6, but destroys all NFL records and has more playoff wins, mvps etc He will be considered the goat imo. Brady and company has a lot of scandals from delayed balls, recording the opponents and what not. 

I don't disagree with any of that... but most will say the number of championships is the biggest factor. 

Call me selfish, but I want Patrick to leave no doubt. And I think he can, long as we get a few more rings right away within 2-3 years. With our defense vastly improving, and Pat maturing into a 'take what the defense gives' type of leader, I don't think it's out of the question. If he could get 2 more rings in the next 4 years, he'll be 2/3rds there at 30 yrs old. Then it's a matter of staying healthy. 

26 minutes ago, mex said:

I don't disagree with any of that... but most will say the number of championships is the biggest factor. 

Call me selfish, but I want Patrick to leave no doubt. And I think he can, long as we get a few more rings right away within 2-3 years. With our defense vastly improving, and Pat maturing into a 'take what the defense gives' type of leader, I don't think it's out of the question. If he could get 2 more rings in the next 4 years, he'll be 2/3rds there at 30 yrs old. Then it's a matter of staying healthy. 

Let's say Patrick wins 3 (even 4) more SBs and blows up the record books. The biggest detraction to appointing him the GOAT will be the fact he lost to Brady in the one SB they squared off. Yes we know about the horrific Oline. But people outside Chiefs kingdom won't care about that. They don't care about it now and they certainly won't 10 years from now.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Let's say Patrick wins 3 (even 4) more SBs and blows up the record books. The biggest detraction to appointing him the GOAT will be the fact he lost to Brady in the one SB they squared off. Yes we know about the horrific Oline. But people outside Chiefs kingdom won't care about that. They don't care about it now and they certainly won't 10 years from now.

Nobody will consider that a detraction except NE fans.

It wasn't Brady vs Mahomes... it was NE vs KC and the Chiefs were not the better team. Mahomes played his ass off and his receivers couldn't hold on to the ball. Hell I'd go as far as to say his efforts in that game were GOAT even in a losing effort. Most pundits are already hinting Mahomes is the better talent. All he needs to do is win 4 more to tie Brady in Ws, and the rest will take care of itself... # of MVPs, SBMVPs, post season stats, reg season stats, etc. He'll be undisputed by then, but we gotta win 4 more in the next 12 years. 

Very tall order... TB12 ain't the current GOAT for nothing.

6 minutes ago, mex said:

It wasn't Brady vs Mahomes... it was NE vs KC and the Chiefs were not the better team. Mahomes played his ass off and his receivers couldn't hold on to the ball. Hell I'd go as far as to say his efforts in that game were GOAT even in a losing effort. Most pundits are already hinting Mahomes is the better talent. All he needs to do is win 4 more to tie Brady in Ws, and the rest will take care of itself... # of MVPs, SBMVPs, post season stats, reg season stats, etc. He'll be undisputed by then, but we gotta win 4 more in the next 12 years. 

Just to be on the safe side I would have Mahomes win at least one more SB than Brady :D 

9 minutes ago, mex said:

Well, just to be THAT guy, it was Tampa Bay VS KC.  

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

He will benefit from recency bias.  Not many talk about Montana anymore, great as he was.  It's all Manning and Brady.   And Mahomes highlight reel already dwarfs Brady's.  Brady won a lot, but there's not that many spectacular plays you can point to.  Just a lot of accurate throws.  

2 hours ago, mex said:

Logic would support your argument. The whole conversation of GOAT is fueled by fans and the media. But fans aren't logical. Hell....even analysts and talking heads rarely are. The reasoning why the Chiefs were gonna have a down year last year had little real logic in it.....and yet. You would be hard pressed to find too many fans or media outside Chiefs Kingdom who would pick Mahomes over Brady. Brady is the most accomplished. But Mahomes is by far the greater talent. But you won't hear that much.