Peacock Rights to stream WC game?

oldtimer

NFL gives Peacock rights to first-ever live-streamed playoff game

John Dillon
Tue, May 16, 2023 at 9:45 AM CDT

The NFL has made exceptional strides in diversifying its array of options relative to the broadcast of its games during the 2023 NFL offseason. Luckily, Kansas City Chiefs fans need not fret about the league’s latest announcement in regard to a broadcast during the playoffs this upcoming season.

After revealing on Monday that streaming service Peacock will have exclusive rights to a wild card playoff game this season, many in the league’s audience wondered if they would need to add yet another subscription to see their team in an elimination game. Luckily for Chiefs fans, Kansas City has only been in the wild-card round once in the Patrick Mahomes era in a 2021 matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers where the team emerged victorious in a 42-21 win.

Though history says that Kansas City isn’t likely to be affected by this latest announcement anything is possible in the modern NFL. Should the Chiefs take a step back and need a wild card win to advance further in the playoffs, fans in the Show Me State may need to break out their wallets to get a glimpse of Mahomes’ magic next January. Peacock’s premium service runs $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year.

Like most streaming services, Peacock has a 7 day free trial. So I expect a lot of people will take advantage of that. Just don't forget to cancel.    

Or, as soon as the game is over it will almost immediately be shown on NFL network. It just ain't the same though.    

Fuck you, Peacock! Fuck you, NFL! You want the entire world to watch your product and then you pull this shit. Just fuck you!    

3 hours ago, FurpJ said:

Like most streaming services, Peacock has a 7 day free trial. So I expect a lot of people will take advantage of that. Just don't forget to cancel.    

Or, as soon as the game is over it will almost immediately be shown on NFL network. It just ain't the same though.    

Fuck you, Peacock! Fuck you, NFL! You want the entire world to watch your product and then you pull this shit. Just fuck you!    

couldn't agree with you more but as I have found out  there are more people than I even could imagine mostly rural and or elderly who either choose or just cant because of access, cost and internet speed (me) to get these streaming channels or watch without buffering. I found this out as I have had a few shows go to P+.

How many fans does this affect?? Probably not many but that's really not the point. This move is about greed . NBC/Peacock is the same entity as CBS and Paramount + are P+ will be streaming a playoff WC game in short order...mark my words. Clark Hunt is among the other owners on my shit list. What enjoyment does one have if you cant enjoy watching? Of course 60+'s are not part of their target audience but it is us who where fans  in our respective teams sucky years who will get muscled out.

It would be fine if it was also on regular TV but exclusive streaming playoff games is just stoopid.  I hope nobody watches.  Luckily I think KC is too big of a draw to be on this game, plus hopefully we're resting during WC weekend.  

4 hours ago, xen said:

It would be fine if it was also on regular TV but exclusive streaming playoff games is just stoopid.  I hope nobody watches.  Luckily I think KC is too big of a draw to be on this game, plus hopefully we're resting during WC weekend.  

i have seen in the past when a game was on NFL Network or ESPN etc sometimes a local affiliate will also carry the game ex: ESPN/ABC Local. but as you said this possibly cannot affect the chiefs since we will be on a bye at that time😉