You had me right up until you said "excellent." The dude is fragile and has shitty vision. He's not the worst RB ever but his calling might be in more of a 3rd down role making better use of his receiving skills and putting him in space where he doesn't have to find holes through the trash. Unfortunately, that's probably not an option here. 

30 minutes ago, kccrow said:

You had me right up until you said "excellent." The dude is fragile and has shitty vision. He's not the worst RB ever but his calling might be in more of a 3rd down role making better use of his receiving skills and putting him in space where he doesn't have to find holes through the trash. Unfortunately, that's probably not an option here. 

Fuck him. I defended him before but he can't stay healthy and has shown shit since his rookie season. If he was a 7th round pick he would have been cut by now.

I like his talent, but the numbers are against him. Pop has the bell cow role. The Jet is the passing down back. The others won’t get a ton of opportunity. I think Prince has a shot at being the hard nosed runner that can spell Pop. CEH would need to carve out playing time somehow. He could be a healthy scratch most of the year if he doesn’t get cut IMO.

Last year was the breaking point for me.  I gave him 3 years to show us something and he never did anything to show he should be a big part moving forward. I thought he would be at the very least a great 3rd down back with his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield but for whatever reason (can't block, can't read the blitz, can't learn playbook, etc etc) they don't trust him. Hopefully he can show out big in the preseason and we can trade him for literally anything. 

It all depends on Prince (or Ealy or someone else)  Either CEH is #3 and used like Crow explained or he's #4 and gets about as much use as RoJo did last season.  I assume he has near zero trade value.  Best case is that some team desperate for a backup RB will take him for a sixth or seventh.  

The only way CEH gets traded is if a team has a wave of injuries and is desperate for a dude. If he cannot do well this year, his NFL career could be over after signing as a 2 or 3 for a team next year and fighting for his career and likely losing.

9 hours ago, kccrow said:

Lighten up Francis. He’s a serviceable back that can definitely help us, and he has had some excellent plays for us. Maybe not 1st round worthy, but he clearly has value which we can exploit his last season, if they don’t trade him. He’ll be in a prove it mode which makes it even better. 

23 minutes ago, mex said:

So was CEH’s. 

Who lost his job to a 7th round rookie.

Look.  I like Clyde and think he was used wrong.  The outside zone from shotgun used to drive me nuts.  Even if Pat handed him the ball, he was already turned the wrong way because of the rpo.  Doomed to fail.  

Regardless, he is gone as late as next year. And Pacheco and McKinnon are getting the lion’s share of snaps.  Might as well see what Ealy or Prince has to offer.

30 minutes ago, mex said:

Lighten up Francis. He’s a serviceable back that can definitely help us, and he has had some excellent plays for us. Maybe not 1st round worthy, but he clearly has value which we can exploit his last season, if they don’t trade him. He’ll be in a prove it mode which makes it even better. 

If you had said "serviceable" and not "excellent" to begin with then you probably would not have spurred my reply. I have nothing to lighten up about. He's a very average back when healthy and that's about it. So far he's proven not to be a healthy player and has never flashed above-average potential. Not 1st round worthy for sure, more like 6th-UDFA worthy. 

21 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Regardless, he is gone as late as next year. And Pacheco and McKinnon are getting the lion’s share of snaps.  Might as well see what Ealy or Prince has to offer.

nobody said anything to the contrary.

23 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Not 1st round worthy for sure, more like 6th-UDFA worthy. 

Ah yes 20/20 hindsight. 

Andy, Brett and Patrick wanted him rd 1.

He didn't work out like we hoped but he doesn't suck.  Yeah people are pissed about missing the parade... but at this point, the only thing important is how he can help the team be it in a trade or on the field. If they give him a chance... and frankly I'll be surprised if they do... he'll have a lot to prove.

I mean jeez y'all act like I suggested he start over Pacheco/McKinnon... :lol: :lol: 

33 minutes ago, DieHard said:

At worst I think he is 4 and they will keep 4 . He is a quality backup. I would keep him.

Why not keep him?  As Xen agreed, there's no reason to cut him.  It would save virtually nothing in cap space and the team usually keeps four not counting a FB.

He wasn't as awful as you say.  In his limited time...71 total carries and <20 receptions he still scored 6 total touchdows, which is more than Pacheco scored with many more touches.  Not saying he should start over Pacheco at all, but methinks people forget his serviceable 4.3 ypc and 6 total touchdowns in extremely limited service.  He started the season well before he got hurt again.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Why not keep him?  As Xen agreed, there's no reason to cut him.  It would save virtually nothing in cap space and the team usually keeps four not counting a FB.

I mean I guess you could save a little by cutting him.  Ironically you'd have a couple mil cap saving by trading him after June 1.  Ironic cause I doubt anyone wants to trade for him.  Maybe a player for player swap?

7 hours ago, mex said:

Ah yes 20/20 hindsight. 

Andy, Brett and Patrick wanted him rd 1.

He didn't work out like we hoped but he doesn't suck.  Yeah people are pissed about missing the parade... but at this point, the only thing important is how he can help the team be it in a trade or on the field. If they give him a chance... and frankly I'll be surprised if they do... he'll have a lot to prove.

I mean jeez y'all act like I suggested he start over Pacheco/McKinnon... :lol: :lol: 

You're acting as though you didn't say he was an "excellent back" by firing back with stuff like this that has nothing to do with anything you, I, or anyone said. He's clearly not an excellent back. He's not even a "good" back. He's a very league-average, committee-style back if he's healthy, and that's a big "if" based on his history so far. I didn't say he sucked, I'm saying he has shitty vision and can't stay healthy. He's useful if he's healthy but he can't really be the bell cow nor can he really be a functional 3rd-down back. I'm also not arguing hindsight by saying his worth to this team so far has been more like what you get from a 6th-7th round back, not a 1st-round back. No matter how we choose to argue it, I'm sticking to my guns that he's a far cry from the "excellent" you proclaimed.

And at the end of the day, it's okay mex, I still like ya buddy. :P

Can't we all just agree that the lessons are:

1) never draft a RB in the first

2) when you have a QB like Pat the running game is vastly overrated 

3) we should not be running except to back teams out of a look or in situational football