Hopkins released

No surprise and justification for not trading away draft picks to pick up his expensive contract.  Will he sign cheap to seek out a ring?  If so, will the Chiefs be a prime candidate?  Not high odds, but there's a chance.  Jones has to sign a team friendly extension before the Chiefs can do anything major.  

I still have mixed thoughts on adding him. Looking at his stats with AZ, I'm not sure he's worth adding unless it's at a vet minimum. Maybe it was the sorry offense in AZ, or maybe Father Time caught up with DHop. I think it's the latter one.

I like the WR room as-is, honestly. Lots of good talent and potential. If DHop still wants the bag, I'd rather let them grow and develop throughout the year. 

42 minutes ago, Boone said:

I still have mixed thoughts on adding him. Looking at his stats with AZ, I'm not sure he's worth adding unless it's at a vet minimum. Maybe it was the sorry offense in AZ, or maybe Father Time caught up with DHop. I think it's the latter one.

I like the WR room as-is, honestly. Lots of good talent and potential. If DHop still wants the bag, I'd rather let them grow and develop throughout the year. 

my hunch it was more Kyler Murray but that being said he wont be coming here unless a Ring is is only motivation and his list of approved QBs he wants to play with are all legit contenders.

I think we'll see an answer to this equation by the end of next week..my hunch Bills or Bengals 

1 hour ago, Boone said:

Agreed. I'd love to see him in KC but only on the cheap.

1 hour ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Agreed. I'd love to see him in KC but only on the cheap.

Well if he wants a ring it will be a cheap deal. He is getting a lot of money after being cut already. If all he says is true what he wants and he goes signs with Ravens for 10 mil this season.....then fuck him and his lying ass.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Well if he wants a ring it will be a cheap deal. He is getting a lot of money after being cut already. If all he says is true what he wants and he goes signs with Ravens for 10 mil this season.....then fuck him and his lying ass.

Lamar will be done by week 10.  He ain’t getting a ring there. Even with a healthy Lamar.

5 hours ago, Boone said:

If he would of played all season he was on pace for almost 1400 yards last year.  The year before he was on pace for only 969.  year before that he got 1400.  I agree he's getting older and injuries can start piling up but his stats have been fairly consistent for his career

2 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Lamar needs to prove he is worth the contract and play the whole entire year healthy but consistent. Wonder where DeAndre will go to now?!

Other than pride, what reason does he have to go prove that he is worth the contract and healthy? Not saying he will fake anything or not rehab hard if needed, but he’s more settled now than he would’ve been before the contract to prove health or skill.

38 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I would love to add him for a modest deal but not sure if he'll go for one. Possibly ends up in Buffalo or similar that have the cap space to pay him. 

Buffalo with top 51 has around 1.476 mil cap space. Not like they can go all out to get him unless they do restructure etc. We can do the same thing with Jones extension if needed.  Link shows a good article on teams that have cap space and where the Chiefs and Bills sit at currently.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/deandre-hopkins-contract-cowboys-eagles-cardinals-release/j66lke2bpjwsji3kapkrrndl

20 hours ago, arrowhead said:

Release MVS, rework Patrick again, sign DHop. No Brainer. Kelce DHop and the rest of the WR room, puts us in a much better place.

Would releasing MVS really save much?  I thought he was pretty locked in for two years here and this will be year two.  

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Would releasing MVS really save much?  I thought he was pretty locked in for two years here and this will be year two.  

We'd save 2.56 m if we cut him after June 1st but then you're still throwing 10.4 m down the toilet with 8.4 this year and 2.0 next. 

We can restructure some money with Kelce if we want, it doesn't have to come from Jones. Can pick up about 7.5m from him. That might be substantial enough to make it work in year one with Hopkins. 

59 minutes ago, kccrow said:

We'd save 2.56 m if we cut him after June 1st but then you're still throwing 10.4 m down the toilet with 8.4 this year and 2.0 next. 

We can restructure some money with Kelce if we want, it doesn't have to come from Jones. Can pick up about 7.5m from him. That might be substantial enough to make it work in year one with Hopkins. 

What I hear when you guys post about cap space: 

1 hour ago, kccrow said:

Just extend Jones and be good.

I’m not sure adding Hopkins would be an end all solution.  If we add him, the pressure to win becomes all the more magnified, and we all know repeating is difficult in itself.  Veach, Reid, Mahomes, and Team have found ways to win with what we have when the doubters are in full force.  Hopkins vs bulletin board material…Mahomes makes players better around him.  

1 hour ago, Mr Ev said:

I’m not sure adding Hopkins would be an end all solution.  If we add him, the pressure to win becomes all the more magnified, and we all know repeating is difficult in itself.  Veach, Reid, Mahomes, and Team have found ways to win with what we have when the doubters are in full force.  Hopkins vs bulletin board material…Mahomes makes players better around him.  

Good point. 
if there’s a opportunity and he accepts a team friendly contract I’m not against adding quality players. Especially one that makes a defense tailor there scheme for. 

31 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Good point. 
if there’s a opportunity and he accepts a team friendly contract I’m not against adding quality players. Especially one that makes a defense tailor theirscheme for. 

My opinion as an Arizona resident who watched the Cardinals was that Hopkins was always open and made Murray look better than he really is.  I’m too lazy to look at the stats but I feel like the Cards were more efficient and competitive with then without.  I don’t believe I saw much of Hopkins being a diva, definitely no more then Kyler.  He’s a total diva.  

If he takes a team friendly price it deal then I’m fine with it, but I don’t want the Chiefs to bend the knee when winning the formula is proven to win already.  Let the other teams overpay and put the pressure on themselves.  For example, does anyone really think Allen can make Diggs and Hopkins happy?  Remember their last game last season?  Diggs whining to Allen on the sideline about touches.  Allen hasn’t necessarily proven to make players better around him…yet.