Hopkins released

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Think I'll wait to forecast the WR room until Jones is signed, Hopkins is brought in, and we see how healthy Ross is after a few weeks of TC.  You other turkeys are getting ahead of yourselves.  

I'm on board with that

5 minutes ago, xen said:

Toney ran an official 4.41.  That's his only laser time.  The other was pro day time which is usually trash.

MVS is 6'4" and ran a 4.37 and has been even faster recording the top mph in 2021 among receivers and breaking 20 mph many many times.

Richie has 1 year of ok production, ran a 4.48 and has an RAS score of 6.0, slightly above average.

Watson set a new personal record last year with 15 whole catches and so far has not shown the ability to consistently get off press.  Please define versatility then.  I like Watson and hope we keep him but he has not proven he can handle a bigger workload yet.  While I think he can, we need to see it.

MVS right now is our #2 until Toney or Skyy prove otherwise, like it or not.

MVS has several years of ok production. Not worth the cap space. Not a twitch in his body. 

James had more catches and touchdowns than MVS, that's with Daniel Jones throwing him the ball. If MVS is our current WR2, I am not optimistic.

Snap your fingers, that's the difference between 4.37 and 4.41. 

I was thinking Watson (hopefully doesn't happen) in the punt and return game. I don't think MVS plays special teams.

16 minutes ago, xen said:

All I'm saying is, as of right now, MVS is the only WR who has been a major contributor in our offense.  While I would love to save the salary, I doubt we drop him this year.

I was excited when MVS came on board. Then the eye test. Like your boy, KB. I was thinking it was a great signing, then saw him at TC. 

I agree, probably won't drop him this year, just wishful thinking.

I think there is timed speed and playing speed. Dante Hall was a 4.4 guy  but he got shit done same for Tamarick Vanover.

MVS seems to me plays at 4.8 or slower

JuJu was a 4.5 guy but he got shit done.  to me personally unless you are Reek fast.. you aint fast jus get r dun

25 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

It would be difficult to dump MVS this year. If OTC and spotrac are right he has a 8.4 mil dead cap if cut plus he was gtd 6.4 march 17th so they plan on keeping him.  He ain't going anywhere regardless what happens with dhop. 

2024 will probably be the year. $2,000,000 dead cap, $12,000,000 cap savings.

39 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think there is timed speed and playing speed. Dante Hall was a 4.4 guy  but he got shit done same for Tamarick Vanover.

JuJu was a 4.5 guy but he got shit done.  to me personally unless you are Reek fast.. you aint fast jus get r dun

Travis isn't super fast.  But nobody in the world can cover him. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I mean he hits over 22 mph on the field.  That's 4.3 speed.

I'm purely speaking of go routes and downfield routes which are an integral part of our system to open other things up.  If the safeties don't respect a teams ability to get past them, they will play differently, allowing them to sit on your other routes.  Just even the threat of that is enough to get them to back off.

When I see Pat consistently connect with Toney or anyone else not named MVS on those long routes I will say it's time to drop him.  Until then we need him.  

40 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

DHop solves that.

DHop is on the wrong side of his career to be stretching the field.  That was never his game anyway.  4.57 in college.  He's not faster now.

Maybe one or more of these guys blows up in camp and preseason but until then I think MVS stays for 1 more year.

Would be nice.  9m cap savings this year with 2m dead cap this year and next.  That's a big chunk of DHop.

Hope the young kids show out just not expecting it.

31 minutes ago, xen said:

DHop is on the wrong side of his career to be stretching the field.  That was never his game anyway.  4.57 in college.  He's not faster now.

Maybe one or more of these guys blows up in camp and preseason but until then I think MVS stays for 1 more year. 

Would be nice.  9m cap savings this year with 2m dead cap this year and next.  That's a big chunk of DHop.

Hope the young kids show out just not expecting it.

But he still demands a double team. Kelce demands a double team. Maybe MVS can find a way to beat man coverage. 

Toney and Morre are gonna ball out.

8 hours ago, xen said:

Toney ran an official 4.41.  That's his only laser time.  The other was pro day time which is usually trash.

MVS is 6'4" and ran a 4.37 and has been even faster recording the top mph in 2021 among receivers and breaking 20 mph many many times.

Richie has 1 year of ok production, ran a 4.48 and has an RAS score of 6.0, slightly above average.

Watson set a new personal record last year with 15 whole catches and so far has not shown the ability to consistently get off press.  Please define versatility then.  I like Watson and hope we keep him but he has not proven he can handle a bigger workload yet.  While I think he can, we need to see it.

MVS right now is our #2 until Toney or Skyy prove otherwise, like it or not.

Agree!  MVS will never be a #1 but he has real value for our team and he has been healthy.   I'm not positive we don't keep 7 wr's this year with Watson and James being the last two guys, but if we keep just 6 then I think we showcase whoever we want to cut in the attempt to trade for a very low pick.  My guess would be James in that scenario.  Next couple of days should be interesting.

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Agree!  MVS will never be a #1 but he has real value for our team and he has been healthy.   I'm not positive we don't keep 7 wr's this year with Watson and James being the last two guys, but if we keep just 6 then I think we showcase whoever we want to cut in the attempt to trade for a very low pick.  My guess would be James in that scenario.  Next couple of days should be interesting.

James may end up our returner if they don't identify someone else.  

20 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Agreed.  I do agree with you and Xen on i wish it could be this year though

Not sure why everyone is ragging on MVS.  He, along with JuJu, was brought in to take up the slack from losing Hill and it worked.  His performance in the AFCCG, when nearly every other receiver was on the bench, saved the SB for the Chiefs last season.  Like Clark, he may not have been worth his pay check in the regular season.  Like Clark, the Chiefs would not have won SB57 without him.  Also remember that Mahomes overthrew him a couple of time for what could have been long gainers.  Maybe his fault for not being where Pat expected, but maybe the fact that he was just overthrown.  

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Not sure why everyone is ragging on MVS.  He, along with JuJu, was brought in to take up the slack from losing Hill and it worked.  His performance in the AFCCG, when nearly every other receiver was on the bench, saved the SB for the Chiefs last season.  Like Clark, he may not have been worth his pay check in the regular season.  Like Clark, the Chiefs would not have won SB57 without him.  Also remember that Mahomes overthrew him a couple of time for what could have been long gainers.  Maybe his fault for not being where Pat expected, but maybe the fact that he was just overthrown.  

MCS showed a lot of promise in that game and was running routes he normally doesn’t.  I have a feeling it's gonna be an outlier but would be nicer if it was a sign of things to come.