Hopkins released

8 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Titans

Yeah no way we're we gonna offer that even with a CJ deal.  Titans must have stepped up their offer.  Guess DHop will have to wipe those tears from not having a ring with a wad of cash.

That does answer the question about what's most important to him.

9 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah no way we're we gonna offer that even with a CJ deal.  Titans must have stepped up their offer.  Guess DHop will have to wipe those tears from not having a ring with a wad of cash.

That does answer the question about what's most important to him.

Yep, too much.

He's not enough to get them past the Jags.

What a lying pos. Saying he would take less for a chance at a ring and then goes and signs with a team far from the playoffs let alone the SB. I think he would have done well here, but iw we can go sign a good FA on the D line or for a guy cut at camp etc. Still think a good DT next to Jones would do wonders for us 

Speculation out there is that a CJ extension is close to done, and that DHop has been waiting for us to make a real offer and we did.  Bet it was 1 year and incentive laden still.  If we didn't know CJ's  number we couldn't have done that.  Makes a lot of sense he finally signed if that's how it went down.

3 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

Guess he just wanted one more bag, cuz he sure aint getting a ring with the titans

I think he felt he would get more reps with them.  He wouldn't have gotten that many with KC.  I'll bet our West rivals are breathing a sign of relief.  Just think, without him on the Chiefs roster they mght be able to beat us.  No....wait...nevermind.

Big winner?  Ross.  One more spot for a young WR.

Next winner?  Dunlap.  The Chiefs will have space to sign him after the Jones extension.

Hopkins probably meant it when he said he wanted to go for a ring.  But no way could the Chiefs come close to a possible $32 million.  Wanting a ring is one thing.  Giving up $10 million to get it is another.  

42 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Big winner?  Ross.  One more spot for a young WR.

Next winner?  Dunlap.  The Chiefs will have space to sign him after the Jones extension.

Hopkins probably meant it when he said he wanted to go for a ring.  But no way could the Chiefs come close to a possible $32 million.  Wanting a ring is one thing.  Giving up $10 million to get it is another.  

I wasn’t all too impressed with him in Arizona.  I didn’t really watch the Cardinals much either so maybe I just didn’t see his production.

It's a 2 year deal. I think Hopkins is banking on both getting the money he can get now....and still signing for a ring when the Titan's deal is over. The Chiefs weren't going to offer anything close to what he got with Tennessee. He'll have to play at a high level otherwise the market for him in 2 years will be gone.

I heard that the next closest team was offering 4 Million plus incentives and to be honest when a player says they will take less there is obviously only so far they are willing to go to make that happen. The Titans had to save face because they were stupid and traded AJ Brown last year and they had to make a desperate attempt to make up for that.

52 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

I heard that the next closest team was offering 4 Million plus incentives and to be honest when a player says they will take less there is obviously only so far they are willing to go to make that happen. The Titans had to save face because they were stupid and traded AJ Brown last year and they had to make a desperate attempt to make up for that.

yea that AJ Brown trade cost's people their jobs. D-Hop aint no AJ

16 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I don’t understand the titans motivation for this. They have a 0% chance of being good this season

Even when the Chiefs were bad for those dozens of years, fans still got excited about the next shiny new toy.  It keeps the fan base interested.  As for Hopkins, he may be thinking he can get his windfall now and still attach himself to a winner two years down the road and have a shot at a ring.  He may not get much then, but he'll have already cashed in.