For the right price, I'd love to get this guy

39 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I think this speaks to where the league is viewing running backs right now. Dalvin Cook is a very good player, but I like the combination of Pacheco and McKinnon and that worked pretty well last year.

I’m of the same opinion. I’d rather use our resources to add to our D line. 
I’m comfortable with Pacheco and McKinnon and a dash of CEH. 

If he could get first downs on third/fourth and twos, then the Chiefs could use him.  Pacheco, McKinnon, CEH, and Prince (if one of the first three goes down) are enough to fill the needs in Reid's system.  It would be good to have him, but like Hopkins, the improvement might be small enough to make him not worth a contract.  

27 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I wasn't asking you negative nancy!

It's true.  He's not gonna steal carries from the top 2 unless there's injury.  We already don't run it a ton.  Where's the production come from then?

11 hours ago, xen said:

It's true.  He's not gonna steal carries from the top 2 unless there's injury.  We already don't run it a ton.  Where's the production come from then?

If you think he would not come in and be the number 1 right off the bat, you are crazy!  Dude is a beast!

2 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

If you think he would not come in and be the number 1 right off the bat, you are crazy!  Dude is a beast!

So how much would you pay him?  Clark got up to $7.5 million and the Chiefs let him go.  Do you think they would spend that kind of money on a RB in Reid's system when they have two they like and two backups?  

52 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So how much would you pay him?  Clark got up to $7.5 million and the Chiefs let him go.  Do you think they would spend that kind of money on a RB in Reid's system when they have two they like and two backups?  

Idk, and honestly, don't really care.  If there is one thing I have learned over the years is that I don't get to make the financial decisions. If they want someone bad enough there are people smarter than me that can massage the salary cap.   Again, this is a hypothetical, I don't see any way they get him, or Hopkins.  But I'd LIKE to have both!

At the time of publishing, Cook is not yet a free agent. According to multiple reports, the Vikings have informed Cook that he will be released, but they will make one last effort to trade him. Despite having good counting stats like yards and touchdowns, his underlying metrics were not great. He finished 36th/36 in rush yards over expected, 36th/42 in DYAR and 33rd in PFF rushing grade. What was more alarming was that 32% of his carries went for a yard or less. There is still some juice to squeeze out of the career of Cook, but not for the $14.1 million cap hit he was due in Minnesota for the 2023 season. – Tyler Forness, Vikings Wire

BTW that means signing him likely wouldn't work out well at all for us, since his stats are mostly coming from volume touches.  With being so low in efficiency, odds are you're not going to get much from him with the limited touches he'd get here, cause there's roughly a 0% chance he'd have the same volume of touches here.

Awful idea to sign this guy.