11 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

What are your thoughts on him not attending camp? 
is it more of security for possible injury as they work through the contract? 
I wish he was there. 

Not unusual for an All-Pro veteran to avoid MC during contract negotiations.

I heard that the last time he was up for a contract extension at 26 years old he was not signed until right before training camp began. Probably the same thing this time with him. Not worried about it at all. He’s a Chief. They’ll figure it out. 

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

I heard that the last time he was up for a contract extension at 26 years old he was not signed until right before training camp began. Probably the same thing this time with him. Not worried about it at all. He’s a Chief. They’ll figure it out. 

I think they're waiting to see what happens with Quinnen Williams and the jets... as that could have a big effect on Jones' offer.

To put this in perspective, on the basis of last year’s AFC Championship Game alone, where he totally wrecked the Bengals offensive line, and ultimately had a career year in Sacks, he’s either one of two things, a Chief for life or a trade candidate worth at least a first round draft pick and a bit more which I don’t see happening. He’s still a game wrecker, he stays I hope. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

I think they're waiting to see what happens with Quinnen Williams and the jets... as that could have a big effect on Jones' offer.

this ^^^ 

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/robert-saleh-nfl-rumors-quinnen-williams/

Jets Predicted to Sign Veteran Standout to $98 Million Deal

Rich Cimini of ESPN predicted that Gang Green would sign Quinnen Williams to a record-breaking long-term deal.

“My prediction is a four-year, $98 million extension, keeping him with the Jets through 2027,” Cimini wrote in a story published June 15.

Such a contract would add four more years on to the last year of his rookie contract, making the extension a five-year deal in total.

A $98 million contract, averaging $24.5 million per season, would make Williams the second highest paid defensive tackle in football, behind only Aaron Donald of the Los Angeles Rams and ” target=”_blank”>just ahead of Tennessee Titans’ Jeffery Simmons ($23.5 million).

Agree with Mex and the guys on Locked On Chiefs.  Jones could make millions more in guarantees if Williams signs for what is predicted.  Since Clark has signed elsewhere, there's no pressure to get the deal done in time to use extra cap space this summer.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree with Mex and the guys on Locked On Chiefs.  Jones could make millions more in guarantees if Williams signs for what is predicted.  Since Clark has signed elsewhere, there's no pressure to get the deal done in time to use extra cap space this summer.

I cant disagree with that more! It's more about a happy CJ  playing like a happy CJ.  Also one never knows who  might become available  or maybe a need after an injury/injuries. $$ in the bank is never a bad thing 

8 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Maybe his agent is wanting him to stay out possibly in order to say eh...'Pay Me or Trade Me!"

Maybe he has monkeypox and the Chiefs are balking at paying him cause they really wanna hire your mom to play DT.  Anything is possible right?

I think at this point we can probably safely assume CJ meant it when he said he won't play elsewhere amd they trying to come to terms on a difficult contract.

If you hear hoofprints, think horse not zebra.

38 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Not sure Jones skipping the ring ceromony is a good look. That has more to do with your teammates than the team in general. Not a you put who on a beer can but its still a little shitty.

Did he not go?  Maybe he had a prior commitment, but if he did not attend, THAT is a VERY bad look in my opinion!

3 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Did he not go?  Maybe he had a prior commitment, but if he did not attend, THAT is a VERY bad look in my opinion!

Not sure if he had any priors butif so I get that but if not ehhh kind of a dick move.

49 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Not sure Jones skipping the ring ceromony is a good look. That has more to do with your teammates than the team in general. Not a you put who on a beer can but its still a little shitty.

If it is a sign of things getting pissy that's not good 

15 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I cant disagree with that more! It's more about a happy CJ  playing like a happy CJ.  Also one never knows who  might become available  or maybe a need after an injury/injuries. $$ in the bank is never a bad thing 

Yes, there's pressure to get the deal done eventually.  But the urgency to get a deal in order to also bring back Clark, which seemed to be a Jones desire, is gone.  Now there's no reason not to wait until after Williams signs and Jones can repeat his demand to be the second highest paid lineman. 

7 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Seems like that the kind of thing you don’t skip unless it’s to purposely send a message. 

Not sure what message he was going for. GO celebrate with your team mates don't let the business side turn you into that guy. Just makes you look selfish and like your pouting,  

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yes, there's pressure to get the deal done eventually.  But the urgency to get a deal in order to also bring back Clark, which seemed to be a Jones desire, is gone.  Now there's no reason not to wait until after Williams signs and Jones can repeat his demand to be the second highest paid lineman. 

urgency was in CJ's mind  I don't believe in anyone else's