The Training Camp Thread

It appears that Mahomes has developed some long ball rapport with MVS which is great.  We missed out on a few of those last year because Mahomes couldn't quite connect.   Moore seems to be stepping up and looking more confident and Rice seems to be creating a little buzz.   Throw in Justyn Ross looking better and making some plays and James building some chemistry with Mahomes and this WR room might not have the ceiling of some groups in the NFL but its a deep group with a lot of upside.   Toney's injury stinks but it does give our younger guys a chance to get valuable reps.  Moore and Rice are hopefully the future of the position so every extra rep they get is a good thing. 

I like the D showing some fight and aggression and I like Kelce dishing it out as well.   I'm trying to not get too excited about this D but I think they might surprise us this year and be more formidable than in years past.   

37 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I like the D showing some fight and aggression and I like Kelce dishing it out as well.   I'm trying to not get too excited about this D but I think they might surprise us this year and be more formidable than in years past.   

I like it too. I hoping for a physical defense and hard hitting saftey that makes people think twice. 

9 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I like it too. I hoping for a physical defense and hard hitting saftey that makes people think twice. 

Hope we can get a good DT next to Jones with a cut or FA still to come or someone blows it up this year from current players.  I think we would really take a huge step with a worthwhile DT next to Jones.

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Supposedly the D has been having just as many 'good days' as the O. But, it's only camp... and we all know how hype permeates late July/early Aug.

20 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Another injury yesterday.  Knee for a DB.  Bug striking early. 

Nazeeh Johnson

First time paying attention to football?  Here's a primer:  it ain't soccer and guys get hurt.

Sneed and Tranquill back practicing today.  

13 minutes ago, xen said:

First time paying attention to football?  Here's a primer:  it ain't soccer and guys get hurt.

Keeps piling up.

42 minutes ago, xen said:

Please explain it more I don’t get it.

tell-me-more-michael-scott.gif

51 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He’s only depth, camp fodder, no need to worry….🙄  

Toub and Mahomes both showed concern.  Don’t let that you fool you, that’s nothing more than showing support and not about what he actually brings to team.  Starters are there and will never get hurt.

20 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

He’s only depth, camp fodder, no need to worry….🙄  

Toub and Mahomes both showed concern.  Don’t let that you fool you, that’s nothing more than showing support and not about what he actually brings to team.  Starters are there and will never get hurt.

Lol, just wow

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Damn. He was making a push for the 53.

He was a guy who I think was going to be great depth this year, especially after being with the chiefs through the Super Bowl.  Tough break.

7 hours ago, xen said:

Andy's camps are brutal.  Nothing held back. 100% from the start.  In the long run, it has seemed to work out in our favor.  New guys get reps or even an entire season, and the talent can be recognized when it is present.  It's not good to waive a young guy who then turns out to be valuable for some other team.  I think the Chiefs feel like they can coach up almost any athlete as supporting cast and do it quickly.  As long as we have Mahomes and a few top playmakers on both sides of the ball, we are contenders.  I liked Nazeeh Johnson.  That's too bad.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Andy's camps are brutal.  Nothing held back. 100% from the start.  In the long run, it has seemed to work out in our favor.  New guys get reps or even an entire season, and the talent can be recognized when it is present.  It's not good to waive a young guy who then turns out to be valuable for some other team.  I think the Chiefs feel like they can coach up almost any athlete as supporting cast and do it quickly.  As long as we have Mahomes and a few top playmakers on both sides of the ball, we are contenders.  I liked Nazeeh Johnson.  That's too bad.

The depth guys like him provide us above normal depth seeing as there are many who’ve even through a season or two already with this team.  It’s nothing to shrug off as no big deal.  Yes we have play makers but having guys who’ve won w them be able to step up if a starter goes down makes mahomes job that much easier.

12 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

The depth guys like him provide us above normal depth seeing as there are many who’ve even through a season or two already with this team.  It’s nothing to shrug off as no big deal.  Yes we have play makers but having guys who’ve won w them be able to step up if a starter goes down makes mahomes job that much easier.

It's also nothing to freak out about unless it's Mahomes or Kelce.  Happens every year.  

BTW Tommy Townsend in the trainers tent