The Training Camp Thread

4 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Maybe it’s just me, but man am I worried about our Dline. With the suspension at the minimum we lose him for 2-3 games. 
chris Jones hold out and all of a sudden. 
We will know more over the coming weeks but shitting my pants at the moment. 

It's just you.

On 8/5/2023 at 3:20 PM, oldtimer said:

he's got to have a pissing post..last year it was Clark Hunt's daughter, being rich and beautiful  she had to be a stupid bitch. Just EV being EV

Let it go…I already said I was wrong.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Is anyone else concerned that as of today we have far and away the worst DT rotation in football? Even if Jones is added its still piss poor until week 7. 

I wouldn't say the worst.  Definitely not great on paper though if you take out CJ and Omenihu.  I dont expect much in year 1 from the rookie, not a fan of Nnadi, and who knows if the other guys can even play.  Wharton can play but you never know how he'll do coming off the injury.

Not ideal but guess we'll see.

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Is anyone else concerned that as of today we have far and away the worst DT rotation in football? Even if Jones is added its still piss poor until week 7. 

Not that concerned.  Jones will eventually play.  Omenihu will get back for the meat of the season.  The Chiefs won games without superstars on the DL in the past and they will again.  Need some help from the rookies, but it's not a disaster yet.  

11 hours ago, xen said:

I wouldn't say the worst.  Definitely not great on paper though if you take out CJ and Omenihu.  I dont expect much in year 1 from the rookie, not a fan of Nnadi, and who knows if the other guys can even play.  Wharton can play but you never know how he'll do coming off the injury.

I'd like to see us find a way to re-sign Dunlap to ease the depth issue.

11 hours ago, xen said:

Without those 2, it's Nnadi, Wise, Shelton, Coburn, Hoskins, Wharton. What team has less pass rush at DT than that group? I guess they ought to be decent against the run 🤷‍♂️.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

cant like this enough.. He has said he's open to coming back..wonder if it's a mater of CJ's contract and not knowing  how much $$ there is to spend? 

guaranteed

If they were somehow able to find enough money to sign Dunlap then with chuck  suspended till week 6 then needing a few games to get into the groove then lets say CJ says eff it Im not showing up till mid season.  Would the D that would get rolled out there over the first 8 to 9 games be any worse than the 2018 D that gave up 26 a game coached by Sutton?  Not just the dline but the D as a whole

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

cant like this enough.. He has said he's open to coming back..wonder if it's a mater of CJ's contract and not knowing  how much $$ there is to spend? 

They'd better hurry... steelers are looking at him hard.

9 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Without those 2, it's Nnadi, Wise, Shelton, Coburn, Hoskins, Wharton. What team has less pass rush at DT than that group? I guess they ought to be decent against the run 🤷‍♂️.

I don't generally question the roster moves of the Chiefs these days, but I really didn't like that they didn't resign Saunders.  That dude had a motor and speed for a large man.  Given our current situation, I'm even more convinced that they should've brought him back.  Our interior line is not good in its current form. 

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

I don't generally question the roster moves of the Chiefs these days, but I really didn't like that they didn't resign Saunders.  That dude had a motor and speed for a large man.  Given our current situation, I'm even more convinced that they should've brought him back.  Our interior line is not good in its current form. 

Hey I've got a spot in my fantasy league. You want back in? Love to have you back.