The Training Camp Thread

Toney will probably just be the new Hammy Footkins. Other guys need to step up. All KC really needs is one or two WRs find ways to reliably get open. We don’t have to bomb it or rely on freak athleticism. Mahomes can play QB how he needs to to win. I hope we eventually find the short slot WR that just catches everything and runs great routes can compliment the guys who stretch the field.

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

Toney will probably just be the new Hammy Footkins. Other guys need to step up. All KC really needs is one or two WRs find ways to reliably get open. We don’t have to bomb it or rely on freak athleticism. Mahomes can play QB how he needs to to win. I hope we eventually find the short slot WR that just catches everything and runs great routes can compliment the guys who stretch the field.

well at his salary and showing up big in big games I cant say I'd be mad about it either

On 7/25/2023 at 12:24 PM, Mr Ev said:

Tweak my ass…Veach Veach Veach.

Eggs in one basket of player who’s made of glass.  Brilliant!

How does "eggs in one basket" apply?  We have the best TE in the league, solid depth at that position, and we spent high draft picks on WRs in the last two drafts.  I hate that Toney can't stay healthy, but we have less invested in him than we do Moore or Rashee Rice.  Toney would be a great bonus to the O, but we could lose him for the entire year and it's not going to break this offense.  

22 minutes ago, moons314 said:

How does "eggs in one basket" apply?  We have the best TE in the league, solid depth at that position, and we spent high draft picks on WRs in the last two drafts.  I hate that Toney can't stay healthy, but we have less invested in him than we do Moore or Rashee Rice.  Toney would be a great bonus to the O, but we could lose him for the entire year and it's not going to break this offense.  

excellent point

47 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Be careful you might be trolling if you don’t wear the rose colored glasses.  They said it was a tweak and nothing more.  

See below. 

People can say bad things but you say stuff that actual evidence very obviously refutes so it ends up sounding wither nonsensical or we're just gonna assume that Veach maybe murdered your grandpa or something. 

But to your point, so how exactly is that all the eggs in 1 basket with 2 other high draft picks and 2 free agents and the position deep enough that we'll cut some players who can play in the league.  Please do enlighten us.

21 minutes ago, moons314 said:

20 hours ago, moons314 said:

I hate quoting myself, but for anyone that's been at camp, what does the absence of Toney do to ST?  We know Moore returning punts is a disaster, so does that mean Rice slides into that role?  Given Toney's inability to stay healthy, when he does come back, I do feel like it'd be better if someone else was handling those ST return duties.  Anyone have any input on this?

20 hours ago, mex said:

Why? Because he made a few rookie mistakes that, in all fairness, he made up for in the AFCCG?

He made up for it yes, but why risk the confidence of such an important part of the offense?  He's going to be one of our top receivers.  Tyreke even got pulled off of return duties (except for rare special occasions) once he became a big part of the offense.  Losing Moore would be a bigger blow to the offense than Toney.  I think I'd rather him focus on offense than take the chance of having a bad ST play or two snowball.  I say that because I believe his ST issues last year had zero to do with his ability, and everything to do with confidence and shit rolling down hill mentally after one mistake turned into two, etc.  

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

What it must be like to have the success we've been waiting for for DECADES, and be the one guy that can't enjoy it!?!?!?!?!?

I hate losing that much.