Julio Jones/Dalvin Cook

• The title was changed to Julio Jones/Dalvin Cook

Julio is just a name at this point and doesnt really add anything.  Cook would be nice but with  Pacheco and Jet as the primary backs not sure of the why on him.  

Would rather they look at a guy like Dunlap and seeing about bringing him back. 

On 7/17/2023 at 8:33 PM, arrowhead said:

Still available. We should kick the tires.

Bringing Byron Pringle back would probably add more than Julio would at this point and for a much cheaper price, depending on his reckless driving ordeal. That said, I don't know that WR is overly relevant at this point on the FA market. I really do still think Ross is going to wow some people.

Now, Dalvin Cook is a different story but he's going to want some pretty good change and do you do that at the expense of expanding Pacheco's role? 

If the Chiefs keep four RBs, I don't see the need for Cook.  Too much money for a player not critical to the offense.  We can expect CEH, if healthy, to ball out for his next contract with another team.  Prince should at least make the PS and be available if someone gets hurt like Gore did a while back.  In the same way, the Chiefs have enough bodies at WR to go with what's already on the roster unless some obvious #1 becomes available at a cheap price.  Won't happen.

28 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

DT or DE depending on how Felix looks.  Now if a legit wr came available then maybe but Julio is done and Cook is a volume back in an offense that will never give him that volume nor should they.   

I think uzo takes a bit to work in and get a feel for it

Leave in Big George, Omenihu as DEs with Uzo and Dana as depth. Getting a DT imo, would be worth more if one is there to grab. Also won't be a bank breaker at this point so may be able to resign Dunlop or get a cheap DE too. Even a 2 down DT then slide Omenihu inside on passing 3rd downs

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I’d rather take a shot at a player like Denzel Mims that the Jets are probably going to cut.

If he gets cut he'd have to clear waivers. Chiefs could put in a claim at #32. So probably not gonna happen. Besides, Chiefs gonna have to let a lot of receivers go as it is.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

If he gets cut he'd have to clear waivers. Chiefs could put in a claim at #32. So probably not gonna happen. Besides, Chiefs gonna have to let a lot of receivers go as it is.

Taking a shot refers to making a claim.  The point of the original statement was I would rather have a young uber talented guy that could use a change of scenery and better coaching over an over the hill declining wr.   At some point we need to find long term solutions to our premium positions.  I 100% he won't make it through waivers but I also wouldn't mind trading a 7th for him either.   Seems like a very Veachy sort of move.

5 hours ago, xen said:

Would

Screenshot_20230719_181451_Chrome.jpg

I remember him being very athletic but dang I forgot just how athletic he was.  Obviously just being athletic doesn't make you a good player but you have to wonder if the Jets even know how to develop a wr.  I guess to be fair maybe those same questions could be said about us as well.

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I remember him being very athletic but dang I forgot just how athletic he was.  Obviously just being athletic doesn't make you a good player but you have to wonder if the Jets even know how to develop a wr.  I guess to be fair maybe those same questions could be said about us as well.

To be fair, other than Mecole, we only started investing high picks in receiver in the past 2 years in the Pat era.  Unfortunately Mecole never did develop much,  other than as a gadget guy.  Late picks are so hit or miss it's hard to say how that reflects on our development, but they have developed some contributors out of nowhere, like Pringle.  Plus there is one huge outlier there in Reek.  He did ok.

We're getting ready to see how the kids do over the next 2 years I suppose

According to a document filed in Dakota County District Court, free agent RB Dalvin Cook offered his accuser in an abuse case $1 million to clear him of any wrongdoing.
The allegations against Cook are abhorrent, to say the least. In an article published by the Star Tribune, Rochelle Olson writes, “Cragg’s latest filing also describes Trimble’s sworn allegations against Cook, saying that after he threw her over a couch and into a coffee table, her forehead and nose gushed blood. When she went upstairs to wash off the blood, Cook followed her, threw her down, pinned her, punched and choked her then grabbed his rifle, pointed it at her head and yelled death threats, the filing said.” Cook reportedly had knowledge of his lawyers offering the victim $800,000 in exchange for “a sworn affidavit exonerating him of any wrongdoing,” and then increased his offer to $1 million after the initial offer wasn’t accepted. A lawsuit for physical and emotional abuse was filed against Cook in November 2021 and is still pending at this time. Cook, who remains a free agent, is scheduled for trial in a Dakota County Court next year.

6 hours ago, arrowhead said:
According to a document filed in Dakota County District Court, free agent RB Dalvin Cook offered his accuser in an abuse case $1 million to clear him of any wrongdoing.
The allegations against Cook are abhorrent, to say the least. In an article published by the Star Tribune, Rochelle Olson writes, “Cragg’s latest filing also describes Trimble’s sworn allegations against Cook, saying that after he threw her over a couch and into a coffee table, her forehead and nose gushed blood. When she went upstairs to wash off the blood, Cook followed her, threw her down, pinned her, punched and choked her then grabbed his rifle, pointed it at her head and yelled death threats, the filing said.” Cook reportedly had knowledge of his lawyers offering the victim $800,000 in exchange for “a sworn affidavit exonerating him of any wrongdoing,” and then increased his offer to $1 million after the initial offer wasn’t accepted. A lawsuit for physical and emotional abuse was filed against Cook in November 2021 and is still pending at this time. Cook, who remains a free agent, is scheduled for trial in a Dakota County Court next year.

Why take mill? Take it all girl. What a piece of crap.