Chris Jones merged thread

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

When he signed the extension, he was the 2nd highest paid defensive lineman in the NFL.  By last year, he slipped to 4th because of the inflation in the market.  Now he's 9th.  Now as the market has changed we are looking at another extension.  It's not like he wasn't paid.  He was.  

So Veach didn’t see inflation coming?  It’s nothing new.  We lose CJ we 💯 can’t repeat.  Fact.

Just now, Mr Ev said:

So Veach didn’t see inflation coming?  It’s nothing new.  We lose CJ we 💯 can’t repeat.  Fact.

Are you suggesting that we pay our big contracts more than we should so that they will still be the highest paid even 4 years later?  

I'm going to take a minute to read the forum rules to find out what the rules are about using the word stupid.  I'll be back.  

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Are you suggesting that we pay our big contracts more than we should so that they will still be the highest paid even 4 years later?  

I'm going to take a minute to read the forum rules to find out what the rules are about using the word stupid.  I'll be back.  

I’m saying Veach should have accounted for inflation to keep key pieces.  Wonder boy screwed the pooch straight up.

Ok.  I checked.  I think saying someone is stupid is probably ok.  I don't think I should say you  are "retarded" probably due to the forum rules.  Plus I just don't like that word. Several words are on the fence--Idiot, Moron, Dumbass etc.  So I will not call you any of those names.  

Assuming you are a Chiefs fan and not a troll, what would have made you happy after not playing in a Super Bowl in 50 years?  He's won 2 and appeared in 3.  Extended Kelce, Mahomes and Jones.  He has basically bent the salary cap over a barstool and cornholed it.  Yes, we are probably not repeating with or without Jones. But Jones is under contract and doesn't have much for cards.  The team wants him and he wants to be here.  Most likely scenario is that wonder boy wins again. 

Just now, reesebobby said:

Ok.  I checked.  I think saying someone is stupid is probably ok.  I don't think I should say you  are "retarded" probably due to the forum rules.  Plus I just don't like that word. Several words are on the fence--Idiot, Moron, Dumbass etc.  So I will not call you any of those names.  

Assuming you are a Chiefs fan and not a troll, what would have made you happy after not playing in a Super Bowl in 50 years?  He's won 2 and appeared in 3.  Extended Kelce, Mahomes and Jones.  He has basically bent the salary cap over a barstool and cornholed it.  Yes, we are probably not repeating with or without Jones. But Jones is under contract and doesn't have much for cards.  The team wants him and he wants to be here.  Most likely scenario is that wonder boy wins again. 

We’ll see.  If and when this doesn’t work out then I won’t call you any of the borderline names either. 

I was happy we won, but I only care about the next one.  

Just now, Mr Ev said:

We’ll see.  If and when this doesn’t work out then I won’t call you any of the borderline names either. 

I was happy we won, but I only care about the next one.  

It has already worked out.  We won 2 Super Bowl and went to 3.  Nothing bad can be said about it.  He can't force Jones to sign.  He can't pay unlimited dollars either.  We aren't going to win the rest of the Super Bowls, that's a given.  But that doesn't diminish the amazing job that has been done for a long period of time.   

1 hour ago, Mr Ev said:

I’m saying Veach should have accounted for inflation to keep key pieces.  Wonder boy screwed the pooch straight up.

REALLY?  THAT may be the STUPIDEST thing I have ever read from you, and THAT is saying a lot.  SO Veach is supposed to PREDICT the market for the next 5 years and make sure that in his contract it stated that he will be paid in the top 2 at his position every year?   Even you aren't that dumb are you?  There is no way that could be manageable because you have teams like the Raiders that reset the market because they over pay because no one wants to play there.  That you think Veach needs to raise a contract every year for inflation is just.......ASSININE!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

CJ already gave them a deal w his first contract backloading, now he wants to be paid.  Nothing to do w ego, he deserves to be paid and I’m not sure Veach accounted for that.  I’ll listen to former players or “talking heads” any day.  

Of course he should be paid and deserves it.  The question is HOW MUCH he should be paid.  It's safe to assume that the Chiefs have offered enough to make him #2 in the league.  If that's $27 million/yr. and he's holding out for $30 million, then its negotiations and Veach has to fit the final contract into the overall team salary structure.  Just giving every elite player what he wants or thinks he deserves isn't going to keep the dynasty rolling. 

5 hours ago, xen said:

The hill trade proved mahomes didn't need Hill.  Defense is a different animal and so much of what we are able to do on D is predicated off CJ and what he's able to do.  Even when he's not collecting sacks he's disrupting gameplans.  Are we even sure we get to the superbowl last year without CJ in the Cinci playoff game?  I'm not.

IIRC, the "experts" said the Chiefs had lost their chance at  SB last season because the Hill trade killed their offense.  I won't argue that Jones is vital to the DL, but he's not the only player needing an extension soon and the team can't give him the whole enchilada and keep the rest of the team intact.  

6 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

CJ already gave them a deal w his first contract backloading, now he wants to be paid.  Nothing to do w ego, he deserves to be paid and I’m not sure Veach accounted for that.  I’ll listen to former players or “talking heads” any day.  

Did you maybe mean to respond to Jet.  I was yelling at him too.

36 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Of course he should be paid and deserves it.  The question is HOW MUCH he should be paid.  It's safe to assume that the Chiefs have offered enough to make him #2 in the league.  If that's $27 million/yr. and he's holding out for $30 million, then its negotiations and Veach has to fit the final contract into the overall team salary structure.  Just giving every elite player what he wants or thinks he deserves isn't going to keep the dynasty rolling. 

2nd in the league is currently 24m.  Would love to know what we're offering.  Payne is in 2nd place and a very much inferior player.  Rams kinda hosed the market.

I mean we all agree Jones is elite at his position. How dare Veach not knuckle under and pay him whatever he asks! I'm sure Patriots fans had their share of grumblers every time they let a key player walk. Those same people were probably at the front of the line during the SB parade saying, " I knew it all along this would work out."

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I’m rather partial to “blithering imbecile.”

I won’t call anyone that here. But, it’s my go to on other sites. 

4 hours ago, mex said:

Dude nobody is this stupid. You're just trolling. Knock it off. 

🤪

I’m not stupid just have a different opinion.  I honestly don’t think Veach signs him to an extension.  I think he got a little cocky and thought it would work out like it has in the past.  I think there are other Chiefs fans who agree that Veach has been given a lot of credit that wasn’t all his doing.  They just don’t post here.  

Honestly the Chiefs can pay CJ and resign their other stars so I honestly think that's a dumb arguement.  Veach has this cap in terrific shape.  In 2 years, the 2025 cap has 136m in room at least, maybe more depending on how much the cap goes up.

Would honestly be pretty easy to structure that.  Whether he will or not is another story.  No we should not pay any price but paying him high 20's is easily doable.