Chris Jones merged thread

49 minutes ago, kccrow said:

I don't think it will be that long either. Veach isn't going to sit on his hands all that time and hurt the team on top of it.

I think if a deal isn't reached over the next day or so, Veach is working the trade phones.

It's a damned good thing I'm not a GM because his ass would have been traded a week ago. You don't work all offseason to get a deal done with a guy and then let it drag out into the season on a holdout that caps the team. I like Chris, but there is a point of no return. 

CJ’s agent is in town posting pics of BBQ and such.  If this deal doesn’t get done now then fuck them both.  

9 hours ago, kccrow said:

It's a damned good thing I'm not a GM because his ass would have been traded a week ago. You don't work all offseason to get a deal done with a guy and then let it drag out into the season on a holdout that caps the team. I like Chris, but there is a point of no return. 

yup

11 hours ago, kccrow said:

Rumor has it Katz is in town. Maybe they get a deal done with Chris over the next day or two? Gotta get it done before roster cuts IMO. 

Michael Katz (Chris Jones’ agent) was in Kansas City last night. Enjoyed some good Joe’s KC BBQ. This is great news to hear. I’m assuming the Chiefs and Katz will be working on a new contract for Chris Jones prior to the roster finalization deadline on Tuesday.370504510_789401549862098_42274359220490

On 8/27/2023 at 7:42 PM, kccrow said:

Rumor has it Katz is in town. Maybe they get a deal done with Chris over the next day or two? Gotta get it done before roster cuts IMO. 

What’s the word.  

At this point, I think the Chiefs may be better off if Jones just stays away for a while.  After next Tuesday, they save $1.08 million and the same every week after that.  Jones has been known for taking a few plays off and one has to wonder if he'll be motivated if he gets his extension.  The Chiefs need the Jones of last season, when he was playing for a contract, but will he come back the same guy?  It may mean a few unnecessary losses, and it could mean a whiff on a repeat, but long term the team may be better off.   Plus a message from Veach that one player can't hold the whole team hostage may be worthwhile. 

9 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

The dude is going to Albert Haynesworth his career. Trade him for a case of Guys Chips.

Maybe he just wore himself out mentally last season...or physically.  Just tired.  He played like it.  He didn't leave anything on the field. Is iit possible to just try TOO hard? I'm just trying to figure this out from his behavior. I think it must be more than just bad advice or greed. There is more to this story we will learn about some day.