Chris Jones merged thread

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Maybe he just wore himself out mentally last season...or physically.  Just tired.  He played like it.  He didn't leave anything on the field. Is iit possible to just try TOO hard? I'm just trying to figure this out from his behavior. I think it must be more than just bad advice or greed. There is more to this story we will learn about some day.

Greed and self serving agents may have been the major part of it several months ago, but one has to think ego is now the biggest factor.  No way does Jones profit from holding out and if this turns out badly for him, the agents will also lose credibility.  Jones might have been happy with $26-27 million with $70 million guaranteed last spring but now reportedly wants a figure in excess of AD.  It has to be more than him being "tired".  

He will report when he is ready.  I do think he is hurting himself more than he is hurting anyone else and I don't think this is going to end well for him.  Father time is not on his side and Veach doesn't seem to be a GM that once he puts his foot down will budge.  And unfortunately for CJ, the longer this drags out the more and more leverage Veach has.   

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Greed and self serving agents may have been the major part of it several months ago, but one has to think ego is now the biggest factor.  No way does Jones profit from holding out and if this turns out badly for him, the agents will also lose credibility.  Jones might have been happy with $26-27 million with $70 million guaranteed last spring but now reportedly wants a figure in excess of AD.  It has to be more than him being "tired".  

He's got his rings. He's going for the bag.

1 hour ago, kccrow said:

Maybe veach told Chris to take 4 weeks off to give us some cap space for the season and he'd front load the deal in return 😂 

I gave CJ the benefit of doubt earlier but now I’m sold on fact Veach has to do what he has to do.  

24 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

I think Veach is working on a trade with the Bears. Looking long term with extensions for Bolton, Creed, Smith.

they have 2 first rounders..not sure who's is the other pick 1rst/3rd and switch next years 4rth? or do they have a player we'd want instead of  some later pick?. Nagy would have a good feel for that.

Where's Balto he always had  some far fetched  pie in the sky trade ideas

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

they have 2 first rounders..not sure who's is the other pick 1rst/3rd and switch next years 4rth? or do they have a player we'd want instead of  some later pick?. Nagy would have a good feel for that

They have Carolina's pick.

Nobody on the defensive side excites me too much. 

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

I think Veach is working on a trade with the Bears. Looking long term with extensions for Bolton, Creed, Smith.

Hope that's true.  Jones may mean more to the Chiefs than Hill did, but trading with the Bears could mean a LT or DL in the top 15 and/or enough trade capital to move up for one.  The Chiefs are thinking long term if they let Jones go. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38293616/chiefs-gm-hopeful-chris-jones-return-season-opener

Chiefs GM hopeful of Chris Jones return before season opener

play

Mina Kimes: Chris Jones has an 'unusual amount of leverage' with the Chiefs (1:45)
  • teicher_adam.png&h=80&w=80&scale=crop
    Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff WriterAug 30, 2023, 06:40 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chris Jones' contract holdout continues, but Kansas City Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said Wednesday there is still a chance Jones could play in the Sept. 7 season opener against the Detroit Lions at Arrowhead Stadium.

"We're certainly hopeful of that," Veach said. "We're looking forward to next Thursday and hopefully he's in the lineup and he's ready to get a new deal.

"We're going to continue to press on," Veach said. "We're just going to keep working on this thing."

Veach also said wide receiver Kadarius Toney and cornerback L'Jarius Sneed would not be placed on the injured reserve list, moves that would keep them out for at least the first four games. He indicated both could play against the Lions.

"They have a good chance to be where they need to be Week 1," Veach said.

Toney had surgery after tearing his meniscus as the Chiefs were starting their opening practice of training camp. Sneed, the only Chiefs cornerback with more than one year of NFL experience, hasn't practiced since early in camp because of soreness in his knee.

27 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38293616/chiefs-gm-hopeful-chris-jones-return-season-opener

Chiefs GM hopeful of Chris Jones return before season opener

play

Mina Kimes: Chris Jones has an 'unusual amount of leverage' with the Chiefs (1:45)
  • teicher_adam.png&h=80&w=80&scale=crop
    Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff WriterAug 30, 2023, 06:40 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chris Jones' contract holdout continues, but Kansas City Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said Wednesday there is still a chance Jones could play in the Sept. 7 season opener against the Detroit Lions at Arrowhead Stadium.

"We're certainly hopeful of that," Veach said. "We're looking forward to next Thursday and hopefully he's in the lineup and he's ready to get a new deal.

"We're going to continue to press on," Veach said. "We're just going to keep working on this thing."

Veach also said wide receiver Kadarius Toney and cornerback L'Jarius Sneed would not be placed on the injured reserve list, moves that would keep them out for at least the first four games. He indicated both could play against the Lions.

"They have a good chance to be where they need to be Week 1," Veach said.

Toney had surgery after tearing his meniscus as the Chiefs were starting their opening practice of training camp. Sneed, the only Chiefs cornerback with more than one year of NFL experience, hasn't practiced since early in camp because of soreness in his knee.

he's getting traded

1 hour ago, xen said:

Shit that would be amazing. 

I think y'all are dreaming though.  I don't think he gets traded.

Veach did seem pretty optimistic today but we'll have to see. There's alot of time to make a trade if it drags out and they can't strike a deal, or they can just say play or don't we're still going to tag you in the offseason and choose your destination ourselves. 

What Veach said feels like nothing more than wishful thinking. Jones "could" show up for week one. Toney and Sneed " could" be ready to play against the Lions. And the media runs with it like he gave them some inside scoop. 

Here's one boys.....Monkeys "could" fly out of my butt.😳