Chris Jones merged thread

8 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Look believe me don’t believe me.  Unfortunately, I have a family member who plays qb in nfl and he is hearing he’s gone.  Take it for what it is.

Sorry, don't believe you.  Not sure how a QB from another team would get the news before any credible news agencies!

25 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Look believe me don’t believe me.  Unfortunately, I have a family member who plays qb in nfl and he is hearing he’s gone.  Take it for what it is.

it's not that I dont believe you but it hardly takes a Nostradamus or some far distant relative that plays in the NFL saying he'll be traded for to consider it a possability. Seems to me  a growing # of fans are actually calling for it. The Reek Trade was a bit of a shock this one wont be unless it's for a 2025 swap of 7th rnd picks or a trade to the Bills, Bengal's or an AFC West Team . It has already been rumored DA Bears have  called and I am sure others have as well

28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

unfortunately??.. did he piss in your cheerios too?

He’s entitled and always blames the coaches or his teammates for his faults.  Has his entire career.  

Going to his wedding next Spring.  Maybe I’ll meet Josh Allen in person.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

"Credible news agencies."     Hahahahaha.

Not saying I disagree.  It just sounds almost like an oxymoron to me.

Well by credible, I mean...........................can't think of one off the top of my head, but adam schefter seems to be pretty dialed in on all things nfl these days.

24 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Sorry, don't believe you.  Not sure how a QB from another team would get the news before any credible news agencies!

You’d be surprised how fast players know things.  Between shared agents and texting.

Just now, kkuenn said:

I have a friend I went to school with and is a hof qb. He hasn't told me jack shit and he works for the nfl network.

Haha, don’t shoot the messenger.  I don’t care if you believe me or not.  

Just now, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well by credible, I mean...........................can't think of one off the top of my head, but adam schefter seems to be pretty dialed in on all things nfl these days.

I think there are credible journalists.  The agencies they work for are pretty much for-profit business that want to get "the scoop" first, though.

31 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

It 100% affects their game plan against the Chiefs.  I assure you.

On 7/15/2023 at 3:24 PM, timmy_6262 said:

What is Jones biggest asset?  His quickness off the ball so his speed is important.

you act like Jones hasn't had some very average seasons in-between his paydays.

Pretty amazing how when talk about contracts gets going on Jones he ends up with 15.5 sacks then he goes to under 10 the next 3 seasons. You rag on Houston but Jones isn't the complete opposite by any means.

I know he will get an extension I just hope it doesn't handicap us later when we want to keep some of the younger talent around for a 2nd contract like Sneed, Creed, Smith, Bolton and/or Gay.

To me, at least one of his biggest assets is his ability to throw his hands up and knock down passes and see well enough to usually get a paw on it.

13 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

It 100% affects their game plan against the Chiefs.  I assure you.

if your trying to impress or get some sort of cred then say.. relative  that plays QB for team X is telling me that it looks as if  team X is pushing hard on at trade.

We had a guy on here that knew a relative of Willie Roaf and he came on here  sited his source  and made the claim that Willie was soon retiring yea he got some flack but also got the last laugh. If the Trade comes you get  nothing but because your claim is generic  and hardly a stretch to believe.  Except for SEMO I see

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

if your trying to impress or get some sort of cred then say.. relative  that plays QB for team X is telling me that it looks as if  team X is pushing hard on at trade.

We had a guy on here that knew a relative of Willie Roaf and he came on here  sited his source  and made the claim that Willie was soon retiring yea he got some flack but also got the last laugh. If the Trade comes you get  nothing but because your claim is generic  and hardly a stretch to believe.  Except for SEMO I see

I’d be happy to private message you the source.  I will not out his name on this forum.