Chris Jones merged thread

28 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

As i posted before, I was worried about his health when I saw him breathing so hard after coming off the field and sitting on the bench.  The camera always showed him.  HIs respirations were really labored even with his oxygen mask on.  It may be nothing, but I really wondered about it.  Now I wonder if it has anything to do with this drama.  I hope not.  He is a great player and should be for some other team.  I'll be pulling for him.  But of course, the best outcome would be that he still gets a new contract with the Chiefs and is  physically ok. If he doesn't play and does not get a new deal with somebody, then there is something else going on here.

Perhaps.  

13 hours ago, mex said:

Can you give us a time stamp on his relevant comments?

i cannot, i read it somewhere where TK basically stated that he knows he is underpaid at his position and he could ask for more to be at the top of the list but he enjoys winning more and does not want to go somewhere where the culture and fanbase is not as special, he likes WINNING too much (seems like a shot at CJ)

18 minutes ago, Calichief said:

they are gonna start leaking it to force someone’s hand 

Well 85.5 is not bad honestly at AAV of 28 per. Their offer of 24.7 per is not 2nd highest AAV. Give him 26 to 27 per year with good guarantees and we are set for 3 more years.

26 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well 85.5 is not bad honestly at AAV of 28 per. Their offer of 24.7 per is not 2nd highest AAV. Give him 26 to 27 per year with good guarantees and we are set for 3 more years.

That would be a two year extension in essence.  If true, I understand why CJ is holding out.   Either of those sounds like a win win.  If the 3 year deal tears up this last year then the Chiefs should do that in a second.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Jones would be better at the negotiation game if he stopped posting his angst on social media in immature ways.

He’s gone, he knows he going to be traded, and is lashing out.  “KC I LOVE YOU”…if you pay me.  I doubted Veach at the beginning but I’m glad he’s trading his ass.  We don’t need a liability on this team playing with a selfish attitude. 

24.7 puts him behind Donald, Watt, Bosa and Garrett. If Veach comes up to 27 per, at least that would put him only behind Donald and Watt. Based on the 84.5 number, he wants to be over Watt too. Honestly, I don't think he deserves to be over Watt. I really don't know that he deserves to be over Garrett. Veach seems to be at that agreement based on numbers. The only issue is I think he's as impactful as Bosa, and he's at 27. I dunno, I'd make a final offer of 82/3 but that's my opinion. It hurts a bit but Jones is a pretty important piece. 

11 minutes ago, kccrow said:

24.7 puts him behind Donald, Watt, Bosa and Garrett. If Veach comes up to 27 per, at least that would put him only behind Donald and Watt. Based on the 84.5 number, he wants to be over Watt too. Honestly, I don't think he deserves to be over Watt. I really don't know that he deserves to be over Garrett. Veach seems to be at that agreement based on numbers. The only issue is I think he's as impactful as Bosa, and he's at 27. I dunno, I'd make a final offer of 82/3 but that's my opinion. It hurts a bit but Jones is a pretty important piece. 

Bosa, Watt etc are all different positions than Jones. For the DT position that pay would only he behind Donald. He won't get DE money etc.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Bosa, Watt etc are all different positions than Jones. For the DT position that pay would only he behind Donald. He won't get DE money etc.

Yes, but those are also the highest-paid defenders in the league and he wants a lot of money because he's a premier pass rusher regardless of position. He's head and shoulders above any DT not named Donald but when it comes to all pass rushers he just doesn't and won't get the numbers those guys get in tackles, total pressures, and, normally, sacks. So there has to be a little give and take there and Jones doesn't seem to be giving much. He shouldn't get Watt/Garrett money because he can't consistently produce like they can but he also deserves a chunk more over all the other DTs behind Donald. Where is that line? Veach is smack dab on the correct line, in my opinion, sitting right between Garrett and Quinnen Williams. Jones is pushing too high, but I'd probably give in to a certain extent because replacing what he does for this team is going to be difficult and Veach absolutely has not adequately planned for life without Jones. Veach has a very difficult decision to make that could very well severely impact this season and in the NFL you live in the now more than you do the future. This team, with Jones, can win another Super Bowl. Without him I think this defense, especially the pass rush, is going to be questionable for at least half the season, and how many games does that cost KC? I dunno... if I'm Veach and I'm at my limit then make the trade now, gain some resources, and start bringing in more bodies that can help you right now instead of dragging a futile effort out further. Or swap Miami Jones for Wilkins + picks :D. 

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

I was under the impression that the 74 million was a 3-year extension onto the current deal and not a 2 year extension that ends up valuing the total 3 years at 74 million. that's a monumental difference

9 hours ago, kccrow said:

Completely agree.

6 hours ago, kccrow said:

Yes, but those are also the highest-paid defenders in the league and he wants a lot of money because he's a premier pass rusher regardless of position. He's head and shoulders above any DT not named Donald but when it comes to all pass rushers he just doesn't and won't get the numbers those guys get in tackles, total pressures, and, normally, sacks. So there has to be a little give and take there and Jones doesn't seem to be giving much. He shouldn't get Watt/Garrett money because he can't consistently produce like they can but he also deserves a chunk more over all the other DTs behind Donald. Where is that line? Veach is smack dab on the correct line, in my opinion, sitting right between Garrett and Quinnen Williams. Jones is pushing too high, but I'd probably give in to a certain extent because replacing what he does for this team is going to be difficult and Veach absolutely has not adequately planned for life without Jones. Veach has a very difficult decision to make that could very well severely impact this season and in the NFL you live in the now more than you do the future. This team, with Jones, can win another Super Bowl. Without him I think this defense, especially the pass rush, is going to be questionable for at least half the season, and how many games does that cost KC? I dunno... if I'm Veach and I'm at my limit then make the trade now, gain some resources, and start bringing in more bodies that can help you right now instead of dragging a futile effort out further. Or swap Miami Jones for Wilkins + picks :D. 

That was my whole point. He deserves to be 2nd place for salary in the DT position only.