Chris Jones merged thread

25 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Let's pass the hat. I'm good for $5. 

If he legit wants to be paid higher than Donald, and if you happen to agree Donald was paid too much (which I do) then there's no way he's getting it. He will be traded.

The Chiefs offered him a great deal. Exactly what he said he wanted. 3 million more than Williams, though he's 4 years older.

There's only three people who are unhappy: The Katz Bros and CJ.

Sayonara.

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

I agree but if he turned down 27.5 so  it makes you wonder when he said he wants to be the 2nd highest paid player if meant all positions not just DT.  

I think they agree more closely to the 27.5 mil mark them making him second highest paid player on any defensive positions. That 27.5 with the guarantees is one hell of a raise.

seems CJ will be at the game in a "suite" no idea if it's Clark's or???? . It used to be that when you'd see a player with CP  it meant something big is about to happen. 

What's the under/over of how many times CJ is the focus of the TV camera during the game??

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

seems CJ will be at the game in a "suite" no idea if it's Clark's or???? . It used to be that when you'd see a player with CP  it meant something big is about to happen. 

What's the under/over of how many times CJ is the focus of the TV camera during the game??

At least a dozen. In the first half. 

That’s in addition to after every play the Chiefs fail to pressure Goff and he completes a pass. It will get old quickly. 

It seems kind of crazy. For the two extra years, the Chiefs offered 27.5 per. He wants 32 per. The difference is 9 mill. If he holds out 8 games, that’s 9 mill. 

Also,I heard the Chief’d Up podcast saying the Chiefs want him to play this year for 19.5 mill, but that’s just salary. His hit this year is 28.3 mill. Aaron Donald’s cap hit is 26 mill. They are bashing the Chiefs for low balling. I just don’t see it. 

I think the Chiefs should go up to 28.5 per, but no more. We control him for this year and 2 more. Sign or play bro. 

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I personally think it's a good sign.  I'd rather that than on a boat in Florida.  

I would rather see him in a NFC uniform. Not a big fan of selfish people never have been. Putting himself above the team. Contracts like his is what hamstrings teams across the NFL.  I have said and I will say it again. Trade his ass. He is just looking out for his future. Okay that's relevant if he is making $20.00 and hour or some shit but when you have already had a 80 million dollar contract and one of your game checks is more than most people make in a lifetime fuck you and your future. Greed is a sickness and it ruins teams and people. Listen we all agree that these pro athletes make way to much money for what they do. I mean lets be honest if they all quit tomorrow our lives would go on just fine. I enjoy watching them play and I will continue to watch them play. I used to watch all the games that I could but anymore its just the Chiefs. Would the Chiefs be better with Jones yes of course but I think they would be worse in the long run also. I say trade while you can get something and move on.  

18 minutes ago, DieHard said:

It seems kind of crazy. For the two extra years, the Chiefs offered 27.5 per. He wants 32 per. The difference is 9 mill. If he holds out 8 games, that’s 9 mill. 

Also,I heard the Chief’d Up podcast saying the Chiefs want him to play this year for 19.5 mill, but that’s just salary. His hit this year is 28.3 mill. Aaron Donald’s cap hit is 26 mill. They are bashing the Chiefs for low balling. I just don’t see it. 

I think the Chiefs should go up to 28.5 per, but no more. We control him for this year and 2 more. Sign or play bro. 

That's not really the offer though, that's just counting new money and ignoring the current year salary.   Not ignoring the current year puts the total at less than 25 per for 3 years total.  There's a deal here to be done but veach gonna need to come up a little.  A true 28 per deal for 3 years for sure gets it done if you believe CJ, which puts it at 84m total.  I think the deal ultimately come in at low 80's for 3 years.

24 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I would rather see him in a NFC uniform. Not a big fan of selfish people never have been. Putting himself above the team. Contracts like his is what hamstrings teams across the NFL.  I have said and I will say it again. Trade his ass. He is just looking out for his future. Okay that's relevant if he is making $20.00 and hour or some shit but when you have already had a 80 million dollar contract and one of your game checks is more than most people make in a lifetime fuck you and your future. Greed is a sickness and it ruins teams and people. Listen we all agree that these pro athletes make way to much money for what they do. I mean lets be honest if they all quit tomorrow our lives would go on just fine. I enjoy watching them play and I will continue to watch them play. I used to watch all the games that I could but anymore its just the Chiefs. Would the Chiefs be better with Jones yes of course but I think they would be worse in the long run also. I say trade while you can get something and move on.  

Once I see you take less than your market value for your job I'll concede you have a point.  And no it doesn’t matter if its $20 per hour or $200,000.  It's the free market people, everything else is just jealousy over people making a lot of money.  Well boo hoo life is tough.   Get gud and be worth more.

Contracts don't mean shit in the NFL as teams can break them with little to no consequences and do so every year.