Chris Jones merged thread

2 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

And I disagree. I think giving Jones a huge contract would hurt the cap in the long run with how many young players gonna be up for new contracts in the next couple years. 2 being on the offensive line. I think last proved that a will agree a small sample but I still think it proves that Jones does not make or break this team.

Last night proved pressures are hard to come by without CJ.  Blitzing as your strategy is fine but against QBs that can handle it, that's gonna create issues in coverage.  We may or may not be fine long term depending on the development of the young pups and how Omenihu looks after a long layoff but it is concern #1a right now.  Coverage can only hold up for so long without pressure.  

45 minutes ago, xen said:

Last night proved pressures are hard to come by without CJ.  Blitzing as your strategy is fine but against QBs that can handle it, that's gonna create issues in coverage.  We may or may not be fine long term depending on the development of the young pups and how Omenihu looks after a long layoff but it is concern #1a right now.  Coverage can only hold up for so long without pressure.  

I agree. But the defense was not the problem last night, not even close.

1 hour ago, mex said:

I don't agree Burps. The WR group had a very unusual night. Yes they weren't lights out.

We should have won that game without Kelce. It's not like we got totally shut down. They dropped passes, very uncharacteristic, then they handed Detroit an easy 7 that won the game.

Defense was awesome against a well-coached offense.

OL did good against a VERY good DL.

The WRs will be fixed. Bet on it.

I hope you are right. 2 things can come of this. Either the Lions just woke the sleeping Giant or they just exposed us to the NFL. Time will tell but Pat did not look happy on the podium last night.

5 hours ago, arthur75 said:

I hope you are right. 2 things can come of this. Either the Lions just woke the sleeping Giant or they just exposed us to the NFL. Time will tell but Pat did not look happy on the podium last night.

Woke us up serving a slice of humble pie. If there was a game to lose it wad this. Nfc conference game, players were out etc. Should show us what to work on while we wait and also what post Kelce life could look like. The defense is getting more playing time as Jones sits and Omenihu waits. I think this will only strengthen us when our defense is all back. Not how you start, but rather how we finish. 

12 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Trade jones. For some reason it irritates me having him sit with his agents up in the box. 

to San Francisco 

49ers get

Chris Jones

Skyy Moore 

chiefs get

1st round pick

Deebo Samuel

Javon Kinlaw

’25 second round pick

It should irritate you. He's under contract but watching the game from a suite while his teammates lay it on the line?? Fuck that dude.

14 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Trade jones. For some reason it irritates me having him sit with his agents up in the box. 

to San Francisco 

49ers get

Chris Jones

Skyy Moore 

chiefs get

1st round pick

Deebo Samuel

Javon Kinlaw

’25 second round pick

It’s getting close to unfixable.  After last night, as a teammate, I would assume a few players are questioning his commitment to the team.  

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

to San Francisco 

49ers get

Chris Jones

Skyy Moore 

chiefs get

1st round pick

Deebo Samuel

Javon Kinlaw

’25 second round pick

channeling your inner Balto? lol

I guess with Purdy's Rookie deal  they might afford CJ & Bosa

3 hours ago, xen said:

No cap hit and cash outlay are not treated the same.  Cap hit is just accounting techniques and probably would not really enter in to the negotiation other than to guide our offer breakdown for this year.

Would it be fair to say that with bonuses and everything this year, he would have taken more money than Aaron Donald? If he hadn’t got fined and held out. 

And do I understand correctly that if he sits out eight games, he will lose $9 million which is what the differences between the two sides right now?

12 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Would it be fair to say that with bonuses and everything this year, he would have taken more money than Aaron Donald? If he hadn’t got fined and held out. 

And do I understand correctly that if he sits out eight games, he will lose $9 million which is what the differences between the two sides right now?

I think it's fair to say Veach wont let CJ sit out much longer without a trade..if he does Veach is a putz

33 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Movie gif. Ted Knight as Judge Smails in Caddyshack stands in a crowd and screams at someone offscreen, punctuating every syllable with a lot of sass. Text, "Well, We're Waiting."

Yeah sure doesn’t seem like it with him sitting shoulder to shoulder between his agents.  I’m thinking it was more for the banner ceremony.  KA hasn’t said much as of late.  Usually he goes quiet once season starts.  

3 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Why should he be happy. He put the ball on the button at least 4 times and they couldn’t do their job. One cost the game. Hell ya he’s not happy.

My hypothetical brain is at work (for no real apparent reason other than to throw shit at the wall)...

Cowboys give CeeDee Lamb, Neville Gallimore, and a 2nd round pick

Chiefs give Chris Jones and Skyy Moore

Would you?

4 hours ago, kccrow said:

My hypothetical brain is at work (for no real apparent reason other than to throw shit at the wall)...

Would you?

I would. I am also concerned about our tackles. Seemed to me mahomes was under pressure quite a bit but this is also a combination of receivers not getting open. 

4 hours ago, kccrow said:

Would you?

but would the Plowboys? I think not

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I would. I am also concerned about our tackles. Seemed to me mahomes was under pressure quite a bit but this is also a combination of receivers not getting open. 

They're no worse than the last few years... in fact I'd say better at this point in the season. Give them some time to gel.

4 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

The line needs some time to gel.  They will get it.