Chris Jones merged thread

6 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I would. I am also concerned about our tackles. Seemed to me mahomes was under pressure quite a bit but this is also a combination of receivers not getting open. 

The tackles aren't the problem. Gee whiz. The wr's are the problem.

Arrowhead Pride: It speaks to the lack of places to go with the ball. Mahomes tried to wait for opportunities — his average time spent in the pocket of 3.39 seconds was longer than any game last year — but he couldn’t find much. He salvaged some of those dropbacks by scrambling at times.

5 hours ago, arrowhead said:

The tackles aren't the problem. Gee whiz. The wr's are the problem.

Arrowhead Pride: It speaks to the lack of places to go with the ball. Mahomes tried to wait for opportunities — his average time spent in the pocket of 3.39 seconds was longer than any game last year — but he couldn’t find much. He salvaged some of those dropbacks by scrambling at times.

Gee whiz? I know and said some of it was wr related but I don’t believe all of it. The tackles are new and it was the first game so they should get better. 

This is about the most disrespectful shit I’ve ever seen by a football player…

and I can’t believe the Chiefs actually agreed to this crap…

Just watch…. Dude gets a bump, incentives, and will end up making hella bank.  I’m guessing there’s an agreement for no 2024 franchise tag and dude walks….  

All this  drama and the chiefs end up with a 3rd round comp when he leaves us next year…

13 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Just watch…. Dude gets a bump, incentives, and will end up making hella bank.  I’m guessing there’s an agreement for no 2024 franchise tag and dude walks….  

All this  drama and the chiefs end up with a 3rd round comp when he leaves us next year…

no use in waiting for the details just jump now

15 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

He could also get injured and never play another down.  He likes it, the Chiefs apparently are ok with it.  It gets him on the field.  It shows the 2 sides are still working on it.  I can't see why it would not be considered an upgrade over yesterday to anyone other than Kyle Allen who now looks like a dumbass.  

The Chiefs did not disclose terms, but a source told The Associated Press no years were added to his four-year, $80 million deal, that was due to expire. The person, speaking to AP on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the deal, said it instead includes incentives to substantially increase what Jones will make this season.

“Chris is an elite player in this league, and over the last seven years, he’s really developed into a leader on our team,” Chiefs general manager Manager Brett Veach said in a statement. “He’s been instrumental to our success and Super Bowl championship runs and it was a priority for us to keep him in a Chiefs uniform."

Veach praised Jones' representation, Jason and Michael Katz, for their work on the deal. The agents accompanied Jones to Kansas City last week and sat alongside him in a suite at Arrowhead Stadium to watch the Chiefs' season-opening loss to Detroit.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said hours before the deal was announced that there had been recent communication between the sides.

“Two things were obvious,” Veach said. "Chris wanted to be a Chiefs and the Katz brothers worked diligently on his behalf.”

Jones gave up a $500,000 workout bonus, was fined $50,000 each day for missing a mandatory minicamp and all of training camp, and forfeited nearly $1.1 million in his first game check for holding out through Week 1. It's unclear whether the provisions in his new deal will allow Jones to recoup the millions he already lost.

The statement from the Chiefs did not discuss what could happen next season. The club could still work out a long-term deal with Jones, along with placing the franchise tag on him and allowing him to leave in free agency.

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

It's business.  Not sure how any of this is disrespectful.

31 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Kyle Allen. The one person in the world that has inside access to the chiefs.  If he tells you something and you bring it here, you should start with "Take it for what it's worth"...

God dammit all I said was word among some players was he was getting traded, probably shopped around.  Believe it or not players text each other and talk amongst themselves prior to guys from espn tweeting it out.  If he get traded great, Jones is a liability to the chemistry of the team at this point.

When I am forced to go to Kyles wedding next spring I’ll post a picture of us or maybe me and Josh.  I’ll wear a shirt that shirt that says, I’m with Stupid with it pointing to Josh.