Chris Jones merged thread

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

Save it.  Or I will quote your posts. 

One year doesn’t mean shit.  It was the best for both sides I’d assume when nothing longer could be accomplished.  Doesn’t mean he won’t stilL be shopped.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Sure seems like you said he would be traded and now since your source was wrong it was his fault?

I said he was being traded big deal.  I don’t see a long term contract though.  I see a patchwork short term contract.

1 minute ago, Mr Ev said:

I said he was being traded big deal.  I don’t see a long term contract though.  I see a patchwork short term contract.

Funny thing is, NO ONE here said he was getting signed long term, only ONE person said he was getting traded and it would be announced in the next 24-48 hours....who was that again?

Just now, Mr Ev said:

I was wrong to post it here.  What do you want me to say I was told this.

Just the way you worded it. Could have said my relation is hearing he is to be traded. Will see if he is right. Not say it will be very soon within days etc. And to book it.....

Chiefs, DT Chris Jones agree to new 1-year contract

Chiefs, DT Chris Jones agree to new 1-year contract

play

Chris Jones, Chiefs agree to 1-year deal (0:50)
  • teicher_adam.png&h=80&w=80&scale=crop
    Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff WriterSep 11, 2023, 05:24 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Defensive tackle Chris Jones ended his holdout Monday by agreeing to terms on a new one-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Jones did not receive a clause preventing a franchise tag so he could be subject to receive that tender from the Chiefs next offseason, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Jones received incentives in the new contract that would allow him to earn more than the $19.5 million he was scheduled to make this season under his old contract, sources told ESPN.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Those incentives, a source told Fowler:

• $1 million for 35% playing time;

• $1 million for 50% playing time or;

• $1.25 million for 10 sacks;

• $500,000 for 15 sacks (additional to the $1.25 million for 10 sacks);

• $1 million if selected as a first team All-Pro and the Chiefs play in the Super Bowl;

• $2 million if he wins Defensive Player of the Year and the Chiefs win the Super Bowl.

"Chris is an elite player in this league and over the last seven years, he's really developed into a leader on our team," Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said in a statement. "He's been instrumental to our success and Super Bowl championship runs and it was a priority for us to keep him in a Chiefs uniform. I'd like to thank Chris and his representation, Michael and Jason Katz, for their desire and patience to get this done. Through this process two things were obvious, Chris wanted to be a Chief and the Katz brothers worked diligently on his behalf."

Jones should be available to play for the first time Sunday when the Chiefs visit the Jacksonville Jaguars. Last week, during a charity event in Kansas City, Jones said he was keeping in shape and would be ready to play the day after he signed a new contract.

"I could play right now,'' Jones said then. "I work out every day, twice a day, but in Miami with my team that I'd normally be with in my offseason. I'm staying at it.''

Jones did not play in the Chiefs' season opener last week against the Detroit Lions -- a 21-20 loss -- forfeiting his game check of about $1.1 million.

Jones did not report to training camp as he was seeking an upgraded deal. He was entering the final season of a four-year, $80 million contract he signed with the Chiefs in 2020. He would have been the ninth-highest-paid defensive tackle in the league by average salary under the contract.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38380797/chiefs-dt-chris-jones-agree-new-1-year-contract