Burrow carted off field

mex

1 hour ago, West said:

Looks like a calf....Those things are a bitch to recover from....

W

I read that he was wearing a compression sock - which you can see in the photos on ESPN - today for the first time. Must mean he’s been dealing with some discomfort prior to today. To your point this could be a nagging injury that lingers for some time. 

1 hour ago, West said:

Looks like a calf....Those things are a bitch to recover from....

W

Yep... I imagine the fans are going nuts right about now.  The kind of injury that can reoccur. 

When I blew out my Achilles I also had a transverse tear of the calf muscle.  The fact that it happened without contact and he had to be carted tells me it is more than a muscle strain.

Fuck that guy anyway.  The Bengals have fast become my most disliked team.  Still pissed about them basically ending Trent Green's Chiefs career.

1 hour ago, Joe_Chief said:

When I blew out my Achilles I also had a transverse tear of the calf muscle.  The fact that it happened without contact and he had to be carted tells me it is more than a muscle strain.

Fuck that guy anyway.  The Bengals have fast become my most disliked team.  Still pissed about them basically ending Trent Green's Chiefs career.

Yeah some of the commenters were calling it a cramp... but you don't get carted off the field for a cramp. I bet they handle it like most teams and downplay it until they know exactly what's going on. He wasn't doing anything that I could see that would make him come up lame... it's almost like it was already injured and he aggravated it.

One day after Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow went down during practice with what looked to be an injury to his lower right leg, head coach Zac Taylor gave a brief update about Burrow's status Friday afternoon.

Taylor confirmed Burrow had a calf strain and will be out "several weeks." He wouldn't answer when asked whether the recovery would bleed into the regular season.