Fukn asshole fuckwad

any guess on how this affects CJ's negotiations?

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-dl-charles-omenihu-suspended-194829767.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

Chiefs Wire

Chiefs DL Charles Omenihu suspended six games

John Dillon

The Kansas City Chiefs will be without defensive lineman Charles Omenihu for the first six games of their 2023 campaign after he was suspended by the NFL for a violation of the league’s personal conduct policy.

Omenihu signed with Kansas City as a free agent in March and was slated to be a key contributor to the Chiefs’ defense as the team looks to defend their newly won Super Bowl LVII title.

NFL.com’s national insider Ian Rapoport reported the news of Omenihu’s suspension on Twitter on Friday afternoon.

Omenihu is still eligible to participate in Kansas City’s three preseason games and training camp practices as the Chiefs gear up for the new season but will be unavailable in the weeks following the regular season kicks off.

His loss is a crushing blow for the team, which is currently dealing with a holdout by veteran pass rusher Chris Jones, who is using his absence from training camp as leverage in negotiations for a contract extension.

It is unclear if Kansas City has any contingency plans to fill the void left by Omenihu in their starting lineup for the regular season. Fans should expect rookie Keondre Coburn and veterans Tershawn Wharton and Derrick Nnadi to be fixtures of the Chiefs’ front four early in the team’s coming campaign, especially if Jones’ holdout continues through the end of August.

He should appeal. Gay got 2 games for his suspension. Kamara gets just 3 games for his beat down and Omenihu gets 6 games for pushing his girlfriend.  Not right to do,  but I don't believe he was even charged for it? Just seems a bit weird how the nfl hands out suspensions.

Pretty sure we knew he was getting suspended.  It's why we got him for such a good deal.  I'm glad it was done now instead of waiting after the start of season like they did last year.   My guess is they will appeal it and try and get it to 4.   That would be better.

As far as CJ is concern, I think that deal gets done at some point soon.  Makes too much sense on both sides and while CJ has us over a barrel to some degree at least he is an elite player.   

13 hours ago, kkuenn said:

He should appeal. Gay got 2 games for his suspension. Kamara gets just 3 games for his beat down and Omenihu gets 6 games for pushing his girlfriend.  Not right to do,  but I don't believe he was even charged for it? Just seems a bit weird how the nfl hands out suspensions.

He was charged with misdemeanor dv.

2 hours ago, xen said:

He was charged with misdemeanor dv.

He was arrested but initially not charged. He was then charged at a later time, so my bad. He pled down and was given a light slap on the wrist. Still bad but the way the nfl hands out suspensions is horrible. Kamara beat a guy down and received 2 games. They need to fix this bs letting Goodell determine whatever he feels like for the punishment.

11 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

Veach knew this was a risk…

lol now what Veachy boy?  No CJ, now this this…

Risk?  It was a certainty for anyone paying attention.  We knew it going in and so did veach.  You do your time then get in and help.  Probably played a part in getting him fairly cheap.

9 hours ago, xen said:

Risk?  It was a certainty for anyone paying attention.  We knew it going in and so did veach.  You do your time then get in and help.  Probably played a part in getting him fairly cheap.

Andy seems to do well with the hard-head type players. It's almost like he prefers to mentor them.

11 hours ago, xen said:

But did he take into account a hold out from cj?  

4 hours ago, xen said:

Why don't you go ask him.  

I think he’s been pretty lucky to have things workout as it has.  I just think we are starting to see some things not quite working out and it could hurt the team.  

51 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I think he’s been pretty lucky to have things workout as it has.  I just think we are starting to see some things not quite working out and it could hurt the team.  

Can you please point me to the GM with the 100% hit rate so we can ask Clark to hire them.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Can you please point me to the GM with the 100% hit rate so we can ask Clark to hire them.

I’m only trying to say I think Veach has been mostly more lucky than smart.  I think we are in for reality this season.  I can’t understand how we didn’t haven’t this cj thing figured out especially w the risk of grabbing the guy from the 9ners.  

1 hour ago, Mr Ev said:

I’m only trying to say I think Veach has been mostly more lucky than smart.  I think we are in for reality this season.  I can’t understand how we didn’t haven’t this cj thing figured out especially w the risk of grabbing the guy from the 9ners.  

He has to play this year at some time. The hold put all year would cost him millions and.he would need a vested year I believe. It takes 2 to tango. 

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

He has to play this year at some time. The hold put all year would cost him millions and.he would need a vested year I believe. It takes 2 to tango. 

Yea he is up to 700 grand right now in fines. If he holds out all camp then he is looking at somewhere north of a mill.  I think he is willing to pay that but i don't think he is willing to lose a mill a week in game checks. Youre right though it does take 2 and  Its easy to say to say it should have been taken care of.without really knowing what the holdup is.  If CJ and his agent  have paid attention Veach has shown he will offer what is fair to the player and the team but he isn't going to handicap the team going forward and he isn't afraid to walk away from a player if they aren't willing to budge see OBJ and Tyreek.  

9 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Yea he is up to 700 grand right now in fines. If he holds out all camp then he is looking at somewhere north of a mill.  I think he is willing to pay that but i don't think he is willing to lose a mill a week in game checks. Youre right though it does take 2 and  Its easy to say to say it should have been taken care of.without really knowing what the holdup is.  If CJ and his agent  have paid attention Veach has shown he will offer what is fair to the player and the team but he isn't going to handicap the team going forward and he isn't afraid to walk away from a player if they aren't willing to budge see OBJ and Tyreek.  

One hold up was others being extended and to see what their contracts were. With those done, it should have been a formality. CJs agents seem to want the moon though. I mean if they knew they were going to go after 30 plus mil a year,  they should have said it from the beginning. This way a trade before the draft or at least the chance to sign something beforehand would have happened. I think they saw the one guy get extended for just 24 mil per year and it hurt their chances of asking a higher number. Now they want to use any leverage they can to try for the 30 and are seeing what is happening now. 28 mil is where I believe the Chiefs are at.

I think if the Chiefs guarantee comes in at a great price it will get done no matter what the AAV. Hell, give him 30 per and knock down the guarantees. I mean a cutable year would be a plus for us. CJ just wants his cake and eat it too it seems. I rather get less AAV, but more guaranteed money to me that is what matters the most.