2024 HOF candidates

19 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Peppers had a 160 sacks.  He is in.

I'm among those who think the HOF has become the Hall of Very Good. Peppers was fun to watch, and yes, he's 5th all-time in sacks...but my question with all candidates is "Did their play change the game of football?" If he's just really good at his position but didn't make a larger impact, then in my mind, he's not a first-ballot player. And there-in lies the debate, right?

However, you are correct, based on the way candidates are currently judged, he'll probably make it in his 1st or 2nd year.

5 minutes ago, Boone said:

I'm among those who think the HOF has become the Hall of Very Good. Peppers was fun to watch, and yes, he's 5th all-time in sacks...but my question with all candidates is "Did their play change the game of football?" If he's just really good at his position but didn't make a larger impact, then in my mind, he's not a first-ballot player. And there-in lies the debate, right?

However, you are correct, based on the way candidates are currently judged, he'll probably make it in his 1st or 2nd year.

I mean you're not wrong.  I'd say Hall of Great or at least Hall of Really Really Good, but yeah.  Think that ship sailed a long time ago though.  They been letting in questionable players for a long time.

JC is absolutely 💯 a HOF player though.  His advanced metrics are through the roof.  Unfortunately RBs are usually just judged on total career yards and postseason success.  However Terrell Davis is in and JC was the better player.  Ultimately I think the lack of playoff games keeps him out.  While that may be a Chiefs problem and not a JC problem I think they hold it against him.

I think Berry will get in some time considering his story but didn't expect him to get in so early. We wasted so much of Charles' career with useless QBs and possibly screwed him out of the HOF. He would have broken every record out there playing with a QB like Mahomes. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think Berry will get in some time considering his story but didn't expect him to get in so early. We wasted so much of Charles' career with useless QBs and possibly screwed him out of the HOF. He would have broken every record out there playing with a QB like Mahomes. 

I don't think Berry ever makes it.