Screw the NFL top 100, list the top 10 Chiefs of all time

Here's one from the interwebs to kick you off.

https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2023/08/chiefs-20/

1. Patrick Mahomes, QB (2017-Present): People may say it is premature, but I am sorry he is a beast. He has already won 2 Super Bowls, 2 NFL MVP Awards, 2 Super Bowl MVP’s and 5X Pro Bowler. He has the Chiefs in the race every year. He is the best ever in KC.
  2. Len Dawson, QB (1962-1975): Dawson is perhaps one of the most iconic figures in Chiefs history. He led the team to victory in Super Bowl IV and was known for his leadership and accuracy as a quarterback.
  3. Derrick Thomas, LB (1989-1999): Thomas was a dominant force on defense, setting the single-game NFL record for sacks with seven. He was a fearsome pass rusher and a nine-time Pro Bowler.
  4. Travis Kelce, TE (2013-present): Kelce has become one of the most prolific tight ends in NFL history, known for his receiving ability and versatility.
  5. Willie Lanier, LB (1967-1977): Lanier was a key part of the Chiefs’ Super Bowl-winning defense and is considered one of the greatest middle linebackers in NFL history.
  6. Tony Gonzalez, TE (1997-2008): Gonzalez is widely regarded as one of the greatest tight ends to ever play the game. He was a reliable target for Chiefs quarterbacks and set numerous records for tight end receptions and yardage.
  7. Bobby Bell, LB (1963-1974): Bell was a versatile player who excelled at both linebacker and defensive end. He was a key part of the Chiefs’ defense during their Super Bowl run.
  8. Jamaal Charles, RB (2008-2016): Charles was a dynamic running back known for his speed and elusiveness. He holds several franchise records for rushing and was a multiple-time Pro Bowler.
  9. Will Shields, OL (1993-2006): Shields was a consistent and dominant offensive lineman throughout his career, earning numerous Pro Bowl selections and helping pave the way for Chiefs running backs.
  10. Emmitt Thomas, DB (1966-1978): Thomas was a standout defensive back and is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was a key contributor to the Chiefs’ Super Bowl success.

4 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Not a bad list. 

i would add Buck Buchanan, Otis Taylor, Ed Budde, Deron Cherry. Albert Lewis, and Henry Marshall.

A few others I’ll think of later. 

Top 10.  Take 6 out if you want those in.

2 hours ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Buck was better. After a few seasons, offensive coordinators knew the way to negate DT was to run right at him. They did that with success. 
Nobody ran right at Buck. 

Putting Buck on is not the problem.  The problem is you think there are 10 better all time Chiefs than DT?  One of the all time great pass rushers?  I don't buy the 'not a great run stopper' arguement.  That's not why we were paying him.  That's like leaving Gonzo or Kelce off lists cause they aren't great in-line run blockers.  You want to leave Mahomes off while you're at it cause he doesn't play special teams?

Just now, xen said:

You want to leave Mahomes off while you're at it cause he doesn't play special teams?

I bet he could.  

Jamaal Charles is not a top 10 Chief. Like him.  But he just isn't.  Personally, I'd rather have a healthy Priest Holmes.  But there are several including Buck, Otis and maybe even Jan that are more top ten to me.  

Just now, reesebobby said:

I bet he could.  

Jamaal Charles is not a top 10 Chief. Like him.  But he just isn't.  Personally, I'd rather have a healthy Priest Holmes.  But there are several including Buck, Otis and maybe even Jan that are more top ten to me.  

I'm arguing leaving DT off.  I can see people not having JC on.  Personally I do.  I don't see a legitimate argument that DT is not on the list.

No Brainers

1. Patrick

2.Lenny

3.  DT

4.  Willie  (the Lanier one, not the Gay one NTTAWWT)

5.  Tony

6.  Kelce

7.  Otis

8.  Bobby Bell

The only Brainer is picking 2 of these.

Emmitt Thomas (probably a no brainer also, but recency bias, Buchanan (same), Johnny Robinson (same) Jan, Shields, Priest, Jamaal, Okoye, Neil Smith (yeah yeah he went to Denver, but him and DT changed the entire culture of Arrowhead and he helped make DT who he was), and Culp.  And it's not Jamaal.  Sorry. 

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

No Brainers

1. Patrick

2.Lenny

3.  DT

4.  Willie  (the Lanier one, not the Gay one NTTAWWT)

5.  Tony

6.  Kelce

7.  Otis

8.  Bobby Bell

The only Brainer is picking 2 of these.

Emmitt Thomas (probably a no brainer also, but recency bias, Buchanan (same), Johnny Robinson (same) Jan, Shields, Priest, Jamaal, Okoye, Neil Smith (yeah yeah he went to Denver, but him and DT changed the entire culture of Arrowhead and he helped make DT who he was), and Culp.  And it's not Jamaal.  Sorry. 

OLine getting screwed again just like on the NFL 100.

Shields is a no brainer on that list to me.  Kelce over Gonzo.