Game thread jets vs. chiefs

Need to score a freaking td on a 16 play drive like that. This game should be out of reach and it isn't

I will take the blame for this because I wanted a passing touchdown in that situation. However, in my defense, I only said I wanted one and I was content with that one. If Charles was able to get a little bit more on the previous run we would've scored. I don't know what would have happened if we had tried another run.

Chargers are getting pimp slapped and the Chiefs are playing Paddy Cake with a loser team.. this will come to bite us.

It is not uncommon for teams to play down to the level of their opponent. The defense, specifically against the run and some coverage have been sub par. 

I am not worried unless the Chiefs end up losing this game. A win is a win. 

The Chiefs did not play all facets of their game well today, but they won. I would much rather be the Chiefs than the Chargers at this point in the season. The Chargers will lose their third straight loss. Their losing streak began with a home loss to the Chiefs. 

The Broncos face New England, and a loss to the Patriots put the division in play for the Chiefs. 

The KC coaches will have plenty of material to coach on, and that will not hurt as the Chiefs face Buffalo. The Chiefs have to focus on Buffalo before they can turn their attention to Seattle. In an odd way, the holes in their game may help the team focus on the next game. 

Reid, just run for the two minute warning and then pass if you need to. There's not much you can fool them into at that point that guarantees any more of a win then running the clock out more. Still, a run after the two minute warning is better than a sack, incomplete, or INT. A fumble is less likely than one of those, IMO.

And this is coming from someone who likes to pass a lot.

The Chiefs sleep walked through this one today.  On the good side they are good enough to do that and get away with it.  The Jets were gashing them on the run which many teams have this year.  Its a wonder that no one has been both smart and good enough to get away with it.  The next two games make me nervous.

The Chiefs sleep walked through this one today.  On the good side they are good enough to do that and get away with it.  The Jets were gashing them on the run which many teams have this year.  Its a wonder that no one has been both smart and good enough to get away with it.  The next two games make me nervous.

I'd say the 49ers did a rather respectable job of it.

I would like a passing touchdown in one of these situations this season. Just give me one. I want a passing TD. I'll, of course, take it however we can get it. Charles, follow your big blockers.

Does it bother you at all that you guys have not thrown a touchdown pass to a wide receiver? “No. I mean, the most important thing is that we’re scoring touchdowns. That’s the biggest thing. We want to score points and we want to score touchdowns. I don’t care if Jamaal (Charles) or Knile (Davis) run the ball in or throw them outside. It really doesn’t matter. It speaks on the kind of group we have here. Guys that play for each other aren’t looking at their stats or fantasy numbers each week. They want to go out there and they want to win.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Alex-Smith-Post-Game-Press-Conference/94effc96-8b52-4e15-a5c4-092b37a475b0

Does it bother you at all that you guys have not thrown a touchdown pass to a wide receiver? “No. I mean, the most important thing is that we’re scoring touchdowns. That’s the biggest thing. We want to score points and we want to score touchdowns. I don’t care if Jamaal (Charles) or Knile (Davis) run the ball in or throw them outside. It really doesn’t matter. It speaks on the kind of group we have here. Guys that play for each other aren’t looking at their stats or fantasy numbers each week. They want to go out there and they want to win.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Alex-Smith-Post-Game-Press-Conference/94effc96-8b52-4e15-a5c4-092b37a475b0

A little, but its not too surprising.  DBo has played better the last few games.  The other guys are the crap I thought they were from the get go.  

Archived