The Preseason mega thread

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

I thought Shelton looked much better than Nnadi. Much more active and better at plugging the middle

Conner looked good outside the tag on the QB. It’s game time you can hit the QB again. 

Halaisse looked good at corner

Herring was in the mix of some pressures

Kaindoh is stiff and has no awareness

Perine might be slower that CEH and that is bad

Wanya Morris looked real good out there. Tega-wahnogo and Niang also looked good. I thought Kinnard looks natural at guard. Him and Smith in a couple years could be a big physical guard tandem. Allegretti looks good at center. 

DT needs to be a focus next off-season really need to add talent here.

can't disagree with any of this

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

can't disagree with any of this

I agree with that.  I also thought FAU looked good, or at least ahead of where I expected him. Cochran, J. Ross,  and a lot of young guys.  I don't  give a rat's ass about the D line looking bad right now.  They will be fine. Remember, also, that Reid goes pure vanilla in the pre-season.  The Saints want to give their fan base a little optimism and played more wide open in the 1st quarter. One thing is obvious-  The Chiefs have much greater depth than the Saints.  Buchele was really impressive. He made that Mahomes-like play, which blew my mind.  The 3s and 4s were clearly superior to the Saints 3s and 4s.  Also the 2s.  Another thing: Olodokun is big and strong and can run but sure makes shitty decisions :lol: He won't be on the roster.

2 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

I didn't get to tune in until midway through the 3rd quarter.  Where was Skyy Moore?  The stats don't show him as having been targeted at all.

No throws to the WRs on the first series.  Rice, then James were featured with the twos with Ross getting a couple.  Ramagi (can't remember his actual name) got quite a few opportunities later in the game. 

35 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

This happens every year.  People forget that Andy and Spags don't show anything in the preseason, and are just evaluating players.  The sky was falling last preseason and they went out and stomped the living dogshit out of the Cards on opening day.  I'm not worried at all...actually the opposite.  I'm a bit more confident in Gabbert if Pat gets hurt, and James, Rice and Ross look like they can play.  Not a bad day at all.

I mean last year, we lost to the Bears preseason first game. We really sucked then the rest of the year.

CEH was given a chance....Nothing...I expect him to be traded for a bag of nuts.

We need CJ on the D-Line

Our coaches are excellent at developing young players.

I like the rookies...

Danny Shelton "Flashed"...Kinda like a semi trailer reflecting sunlight.

38 minutes ago, West said:

CEH was given a chance....Nothing...I expect him to be traded for a bag of nuts.

We need CJ on the D-Line

Our coaches are excellent at developing young players.

I like the rookies...

Danny Shelton "Flashed"...Kinda like a semi trailer reflecting sunlight.

:lol:  Perfect metaphor for Danny Shelton

Too bad CEH was a bust.  He would be a good backup for a team with a massive running game offensive line, because he is a decent receiver and wouldn't hurt them on the ground much.  Maybe we could get a 7th round pick for him.

Another note:  I sure wish we had been able to keep Khalen Saunders.

15 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

I didn't get to tune in until midway through the 3rd quarter.  Where was Skyy Moore?  The stats don't show him as having been targeted at all.al

I think Skyy is being hidden pretty much from view until unveiling him when the actual season starts.  I have a feeling he is going to be fantastic receiver. He is getting plenty of work in camp and is mastering the system there and in meetings. Others on the team have been raving about him. He will be a threat from any WR position, including deep, but mainly as a Sammy Watkins-type able to exploit too much attention on Kelce...and hopefully less injury prone.

4 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

I'm a bit more confident in Gabbert if Pat gets hurt, and James, Rice and Ross look like they can play.  Not a bad day at all.

Gabbert scares me.  Maybe it's leftover from some of his failures at Mizzou, but he just doesn't seem like a winner.  Actually, Buschele played pretty well and I wouldn't mind seeing him named the backup to Mahomes.  The Chiefs will lose him if he's kept on the PS and they don't need three active QBs.  After a three year investment, he should be ready to play short term if something happens to Mahomes.  Doubt Gabbert would win any more games. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Gabbert scares me.  Maybe it's leftover from some of his failures at Mizzou, but he just doesn't seem like a winner.  Actually, Buschele played pretty well and I wouldn't mind seeing him named the backup to Mahomes.  The Chiefs will lose him if he's kept on the PS and they don't need three active QBs.  After a three year investment, he should be ready to play short term if something happens to Mahomes.  Doubt Gabbert would win any more games. 

is there not some sort of new Emergency QB rule now? It was my impression that #6 Dunkin Donut was supposed to be the PS Qb

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I think you are right. Buchele played great and would be worth risking as the backup rather than Gabbert.  I also am afraid Buchele would be poached from the PS. I wonder how flexible Andy is about having an experienced backup.  I will be interested to see how those two will do against Arizona.

Gabberts contract certainly does not guarantee anything but  extra QB Room input from someone who shared  a qb room with GOAT

he 33-year-old received a veteran salary benefit with a $1.165 million base salary in 2023. He’ll also get a $152K signing bonus and $940K guaranteed at signing. During the 2023 NFL season, he’ll count $1,092,500 against the salary cap. They’re not saving much against the cap with this type of VSB contract, but they’re also not paying the full amount. Right now, Gabbert’s contract comes in with the 31st biggest cap hit for Kansas City.

48 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I think you are right. Buchele played great and would be worth risking as the backup rather than Gabbert.  I also am afraid Buchele would be poached from the PS. I wonder how flexible Andy is about having an experienced backup.  I will be interested to see how those two will do against Arizona.

There seemed to be a few teams who inquired about Buchele after preseason last year.  Says something.  He has something.