The Preseason mega thread

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

That would be a mistake at this point, I think.  ISM looked all-world against the 3's and 4's of bad defenses in the preseason.  I would want to see him against the ones of good teams before making a decision like that.  Is he a great athlete?  Obviously.  But how many great athletes have been total busts in the NFL?  A lot.  It takes a lot more than athleticism.

While I thought the same thing, my point was more towards how they feel about the other WRs and to be able to get cap relief. He makes the most sense for cap if they feel they have good things in Sky, Rice and the return if Toney etc. We also have a good glut of CBs, just feel WR is deeper for us at this time.

7 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

MVS is not getting traded.  My guess, they adjust somewhere else on the roster, and keep the ISM kid for punt returns and special teams.

Eight WRs?  Last season they had five, maybe six at times.  Don't see that happening. 

7 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

MVS is not getting traded.  My guess, they adjust somewhere else on the roster, and keep the ISM kid for punt returns and special teams.

Eight WRs?  Last season they had five, maybe six at times.  Don't see that happening. 

MVS isn't going anywhere.   There is a lot of optimism for Moore, Rice, and Ross but until they actually do it for a full season they are question marks with high upside.   Remigio is an IR stash and ISM will be traded if at all possible.  Glad we have this problem though.  Hopefully all three out of Moore, Rice, and Ross develop.  Would be a really nice young wr corp for the future.

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

That would be a mistake at this point, I think.  ISM looked all-world against the 3's and 4's of bad defenses in the preseason.  I would want to see him against the ones of good teams before making a decision like that.  Is he a great athlete?  Obviously.  But how many great athletes have been total busts in the NFL?  A lot.  It takes a lot more than athleticism.

What has Watson shown that makes him a great "keep?" That's the spot we're talking about in all likelihood. ISM can work all 4 phases on special teams and is young with upside. Watson is what he is at this point. I don't know if there would be a monumental difference right now in what you're getting but the development upside is what you bank on. Yeah, sure, you flush 1.3 m down the toilet by cutting Watson but it is he worth letting ISM go for? I don't know if I'd worry about it. 

17 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

No issue now, Smith Marsette is being traded to the Carolina Panthers for a conditional draft pick

11 hours ago, kccrow said:

What has Watson shown that makes him a great "keep?" That's the spot we're talking about in all likelihood. ISM can work all 4 phases on special teams and is young with upside. Watson is what he is at this point. I don't know if there would be a monumental difference right now in what you're getting but the development upside is what you bank on. Yeah, sure, you flush 1.3 m down the toilet by cutting Watson but it is he worth letting ISM go for? I don't know if I'd worry about it. 

Problem solved.  ISM to Panthers.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Also based off preseason (ranking among all players):

Rice 5th in receiving yards, 3rd in catches, 1st in YAC.

Neither the drops nor the stats mean jack squat.  Cause it's preseason.  

Imagine the fan of a team that broke the bank for average QB play, criticizing a draft pick during preseason... 

9 minutes ago, mex said:

Imagine the fan of a team that broke the bank for average QB play, criticizing a draft pick during preseason... 

Imagine being a broncos fan. You’re only pleasure in preseason is watching a rookie on another team drop a few passes. And that team has beaten yours 15 times in a row. 

So far…

Traded away:

WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette

Cut/waived:

DT Phil Hoskins

DE Josh Kaindoh

DT Danny Shelton

S Deon Bush

Acquired via trade:

DT Neil Farrell Jr.

Farrell is a 330 lb pound NT from LSU in his second season we got from the raiders for a 6th.

worse moves to grab a big guy from LSU to bolster the d line

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Shelton? Didn't see that coming

Actually, I did.  Though he lost weight, he likely will eat his way back to ineffectiveness over the next year, at least in the off season.  Size can be a good thing on many kinds of plays, but Spags system requires speed, footwork, and leadership, more than anything else.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Actually, I did.  Though he lost weight, he likely will eat his way back to ineffectiveness over the next year, at least in the off season.  Size can be a good thing on many kinds of plays, but Spags system requires speed, footwork, and leadership, more than anything else.

th?id=OIP.c-H5hM4sqldEAGBPzHN4PQHaDt&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Then why is Nnadi still here?