Bills next

Every game the Chiefs play is worrisome because they just aren't talented enough to dominate anyone, but I think the Bills game next Sunday is one of the most important this season.  They're always tough on the Chiefs, especially at home and both teams are fighting for a playoff spot.  Which ever team wins will be a game up plus have the tie-breaking advantage against the other.  One wildcard will probably come out of the AFC North so the Chiefs have to finish ahead of the Bills assuming KC doesn't win its own division.  Yeah, it's only the halfway point, but losing next Sunday would really bite the Chiefs' playoff hopes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West my friend I think saying the Defense is playing well  might be a bit of an over statement. They are playing well enough to win & statistically they took a real hit against an impotent team. Their Run D  showed weakness when Johnson the ball and Percy  gouged them for 129 yrds on 11 catches  even with our "all pro" Safety supposedly guarding against our back side.

Thank God we have a pass rush. I could not imagine life without  Houston & Hali. Closest thing to D Thomas & Neil Smith  we have seen since. They are making our DB's serviceable but then thats a given on most teams. DB's are only as good as the pass rush.

Our defense is elite when teams decide to stubbornly pass the ball too much and they don't have very good offensive lines. Notice, this is better illustrated when the quarterback is not mobile. I think they focused on Vick running too much today and that's why he got some big yards at places. There still pretty good at other things, but have their weaknesses.

West my friend I think saying the Defense is playing well might be a bit of an over statement. They are playing well enough to win & statistically they took a real hit against an impotent team. Their Run D showed weakness when Johnson the ball and Percy gouged them for 129 yrds on 11 catches even with our "all pro" Safety supposedly guarding against our back side.

Thank God we have a pass rush. I could not imagine life without Houston & Hali. Closest thing to D Thomas & Neil Smith we have seen since. They are making our DB's serviceable but then thats a given on most teams. DB's are only as good as the pass rush.

Took the pass away and gave them the run. Once in a while it may just be the plan. Our defense is ridiculous. Relax.

Today the Chiefs looked like a team that got up early and coasted against an inferior opponent. After the opening drive of the 2nd half it looked like the offense went on vacation. The defense is good but has its flaws. Still getting gouged too much on big runs. And letting Vick have a QB rating over 100 with as bad as the Jets have played lately is pretty ridiculous. Chiefs need to go to Ralph Wilson Stadium and play like they did against Miami on the road. Make Orton's like miserable. This is a huge game regarding playoff implications.

I loved Reid's post game press conference. I KNEW he would say something really deadpan funny about the "pass" to Fasano on the ground. He calmly answered the reporter's question about it by describing it as a "planned play that worked pretty well." He didn't even smile. I love that guy.

Buffalo is much better than the Jets, IMHO. The Chiefs will have to be on their A game to win. Their receivers are exceptional. They have a really good defense. It will not be a cake walk.

Especially in Buffalo. The Chiefs have almost never had a nice time in Buffalo. Of course, neither have its citizens.

The wings are good, though.

The thing I like about Reid is that he creates a plan that is different for every situation and team. In a place like Buffalo, I think he will draw up a mostly ball-control plan, similar to recent weeks. Personally, I think it will work. Buffalo has great receivers, but if they try to throw long, it still takes more seconds than they will have with Houston playing the way he is now. And Hali. I don't think they will have that kind of time. We only have to play keep-away from them again. Not making mistakes or turnovers is key, and that is Smith's forte'. I believe the West Coast dink and dunk of Reid's is pretty formidable against a team like Buffalo. Just send out a lot of short targets and leave the choice up to Smith. He is good at that.

When you have a top-flight game manager like Smith, a budding weapon like Kelce, one of the NFL's top 10 all-time elite RB's like Jamaal Charles, and a stout defense, you don't need everything to be "perfect" to win as has often been claimed. We have margin for error, which will only improve as the team gets more in sync and healthier.

When you have a QB like Smith, a budding weapon like Kelce, one of the NFL's top 10 all-time elite RB's like Jamaal Charles, and a stout defense, you don't need everything to be "perfect" to win as has often been claimed. We have margin for error, which will only improve as the team gets more in sync and healthier.

Fixed. Just kidding. You know my aversion to that reference.

What is it about fans of just about every team playing the "we don't get any respect" card? Buffalo fans are butt hurt because KC opened up as a 2 point favorite on the road. Now they are claiming this gives their team motivation to go out and knock us around. Really? If your team needs the line spread to give itself motivation then your team frickin' sucks!! 

What is it about fans of just about every team playing the "we don't get any respect" card? Buffalo fans are butt hurt because KC opened up as a 2 point favorite on the road. Now they are claiming this gives their team motivation to go out and knock us around. Really? If your team needs the line spread to give itself motivation then your team frickin' sucks!!

Boy, ain't that the truth!

The Chiefs game is suited to the road, though. Smith is a great communicator on the field and doesn't need voice to do it. Play sequences and assignments are pre-programmed. Plays are quick to develop, routes are short, and there are many options. Smith reads so well on the fly. They can control the clock and have proven that against top teams. If it weren't for our horrible history playing in Buffalo, I would feel better. To me, its a tossup. I think we have played a tougher schedule for our 5-3 than they have, but they have that bitter home field advantage. Fortunately, not many of our current players and staff have any direct experience with that to spook them.

Boy, ain't that the truth!

The Chiefs game is suited to the road, though. Smith is a great communicator on the field and doesn't need voice to do it. Play sequences and assignments are pre-programmed. Plays are quick to develop, routes are short, and there are many options. Smith reads so well on the fly. They can control the clock and have proven that against top teams. If it weren't for our horrible history playing in Buffalo, I would feel better. To me, its a tossup. I think we have played a tougher schedule for our 5-3 than they have, but they have that bitter home field advantage. Fortunately, not many of our current players and staff have any direct experience with that to spook them.

Bil...I agree. Reid took this team to Buffalo last year and got a win. I expect no less this time around. As long as the Chiefs don't turn the ball over (which is not their MO) I think they are well suited to handle the Bills.

Bil...I agree. Reid took this team to Buffalo last year and got a win. I expect no less this time around. As long as the Chiefs don't turn the ball over (which is not their MO) I think they are well suited to handle the Bills.

They are coming off a bye and have had more rest. That and home field tells me it will be very tough to win there this time. Tossup.

They are coming off a bye and have had more rest. That and home field tells me it will be very tough to win there this time. Tossup.

Perhaps. As much as I hate Pete Prisco...I was watching his picks for the upcoming week this past week. He stated simply that the Rams would lose to the Niners because it was their 2nd road game in a row and the Niners were coming off their bye. How did that work out? Would you have picked the Rams in that game? And they were definitely underdogs! Chiefs are actually favored in this one. Sometimes "the formula" can be tossed. I don't care if the Bills are rested. Chiefs have a better coaching staff who will devise the right game plan to go to Buffalo and get a win. 

Perhaps. As much as I hate Pete Prisco...I was watching his picks for the upcoming week this past week. He stated simply that the Rams would lose to the Niners because it was their 2nd road game in a row and the Niners were coming off their bye. How did that work out? Would you have picked the Rams in that game? And they were definitely underdogs! Chiefs are actually favored in this one. Sometimes "the formula" can be tossed. I don't care if the Bills are rested. Chiefs have a better coaching staff who will devise the right game plan to go to Buffalo and get a win.

Kyle Orton folks.

Archived