59 minutes ago, mex said:

You don't make 16,000 a week?

Fuckin' pauper. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the $12,000-20,000 the game checks?  They get 18 per season and nothing after that.  At least that's the way Travis Kelce described it on one of his podcasts.  That's still a living wage except half the players will spend it all before the end of the season and then have nothing.  (another Kelce experience)

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the $12,000-20,000 the game checks?  They get 18 per season and nothing after that.  At least that's the way Travis Kelce described it on one of his podcasts.  That's still a living wage except half the players will spend it all before the end of the season and then have nothing.  (another Kelce experience)

If true, 12K for 17 games is still over 200K... considering that's for just 4 months. If they make the playoffs and get to the SB that's three, maybe 4 more... that's 250K for 5 months of work.

A guy like Cornell Powell ought to have a decent amount of coin by this time... 3 years?

That is, if they are semi-intelligent about their spending.

5 minutes ago, mex said:

If true, 12K for 17 games is still over 200K... considering that's for just 4 months. If they make the playoffs and get to the SB that's three, maybe 4 more... that's 250K for 5 months of work.

A guy like Cornell Powell ought to have a decent amount of coin by this time... 3 years?

That is, if they are semi-intelligent about their spending.

A lot of those PS guys are gonna need to be thrifty.  They'll take home half after taxes and agents fees.  And most will be paying trainers and training facilities in the offseason to try and get better and make a team which can be very expensive but I guess you can look at it like an investment in your career.  If they have families they may also have to pay for a separate apt during season.  I'm sure it adds up.  I remember seeing a breakdown when the average PS for a full season was around 100k.  I'm sure that stuff hasn't gotten cheaper but at the time I think the average was around 20-25k+ for training programs iirc.

14 minutes ago, xen said:

A lot of those PS guys are gonna need to be thrifty.  They'll take home half after taxes and agents fees.  And most will be paying trainers and training facilities in the offseason to try and get better and make a team which can be very expensive but I guess you can look at it like an investment in your career.  If they have families they may also have to pay for a separate apt during season.  I'm sure it adds up.  I remember seeing a breakdown when the average PS for a full season was around 100k.  I'm sure that stuff hasn't gotten cheaper but at the time I think the average was around 20-25k+ for training programs iirc.

I mean, we all gotta deal with that stuff. How much do agents generally charge? Like 10%?

14 hours ago, xen said:

Big and super fast press corner.  Looks like a Spags corner.

Watched RGR yesterday.  He is a perfect Spags corner.  But, they were saying he gets beat deep and sucks at tracking the ball.  That's all fixable, and hell, Watson and Williams had basically the same scouting reports, lol.  

He was a 5th rounder who got cut, though.  Would be a steal if he works out.

On 8/29/2023 at 7:01 PM, Thegoatee said:

I just don’t get keeping CEH unless he adds value as a pass blocker over the other RBs.

He caught the hell out of the ball as an outlet receiver in the preseason. 

The thing about all of the cutdowns, just to remind other posters, is that many of the bigger names are a calculated risk for being claimed.  The majority of the good ones will go the the PS and may be called up when necessary.