Chiefs Lions game day thread

3 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

IMG_0326.jpeg.6c1a03d49869360f6acda2069d24ce0a.jpeg

It is always doom and gloom! Check all hope and join the struggle bus. Andy Reid is fired daily here.

New. hahaha. yeah. I'm new alright. Man, oh man that was good for a giggle. 

With the Chris Jones situation, the Omenihu suspension, Toney and Sneed being out most of TC/preseason....and now Kelce with the knee. It just feels like the football gods have turned their backs on us. Lol. 

Even so ...I expect #15 will have the final say against these Lions. Chiefs win 34-24.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

With the Chris Jones situation, the Omenihu suspension, Toney and Sneed being out most of TC/preseason....and now Kelce with the knee. It just feels like the football gods have turned their backs on us. Lol. 

Even so ...I expect #15 will have the final say against these Lions. Chiefs win 34-24.

Toney, Sneed and Kelce will play. Yes, the timing of O's suspension sucks what with CJ's holdout... but we'll be fine. Detroit is a good team, and may have become a great team this offseason. We'll see a lot about the character of this team tomorrow.

6 hours ago, reesebobby said:

The teams we play have their own board where you can have that discussion. Do not troll our game day threads. I'm sick of that shit. 

Man, you know the season has started once the bitching and whining begins. Especially on a game day thread. If we don't score first or go 3 and out....fuck it, game over.

What’s with the talking heads saying the Chiefs are losing at home to start this season? Does anyone think for a minute that Mahomes, who is 5-0 in opening day games, or Andy Reid who  has been game-planning this one since the schedule was announced; will ever get beaten on banner night in prime time at Arrowhead? I don’t see it happening. But it will be closer than we all want. 

9 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

What’s with the talking heads saying the Chiefs are losing at home to start this season? Does anyone think for a minute that Mahomes, who is 5-0 in opening day games, or Andy Reid who  has been game-planning this one since the schedule was announced; will ever get beaten on banner night in prime time at Arrowhead? I don’t see it happening. But it will be closer than we all want. 

Yeah, heard it the moment I turned on the tv this morning….gave me a good laugh

22 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm anxious to see Felix and Tranquill in real action. And chenals progress. 

Kinda looking forward to seeing Skyy, Toney and 'Checo... now that they all have had time in the offense

Just now, reesebobby said:

I forgot karlaftis. He's one I have high hopes for. 

Yep me too... kinda looking forward to seeing more of FAU since we're short-handed at DE. Danna is a solid backup but I'm hoping FAU can make a push.

3 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

No Jones, No Kelce, Pacheco recovering, lot of young dudes, 2 new tackles, Lions playing the most prominent game they’ve had in 30 or 40 years after going 8-2 or whatever to end last year. If KC can stop the run and play mistake free, KC can win easily. If the run gets going and play action stuff happens, Lions will score points. Lions will be motivated, they love their coach. Plus, it is all about clickbait and talking and drumming up interactions for the algorithm.

I'm more concerned about them passing than running. The only concern with the run is Jahmyr Gibbs, but he's equally a concern in the passing game. The kid might be at least Charles 2.0. Very dangerous however he gets the ball. LaPorta is also a big addition for them at TE. They were already the 7th-ranked passing team a season ago. 

We'll need this defense to play with speed and be smart. Goff isn't overly mobile so if our secondary and linebackers can hold coverage, I think our young guys can make plays. 

4 minutes ago, kccrow said:

I'm more concerned about them passing than running. The only concern with the run is Jahmyr Gibbs, but he's equally a concern in the passing game. The kid might be at least Charles 2.0. Very dangerous however he gets the ball. LaPorta is also a big addition for them at TE. They were already the 7th-ranked passing team a season ago. 

We'll need this defense to play with speed and be smart. Goff isn't overly mobile so if our secondary and linebackers can hold coverage, I think our young guys can make plays. 

Thankfully our secondary is improved... it's legit one of the best units we've had in the last 20 years. They're still going to get their yards tho. We just need to win the takeaway column and let Patrick do his thing.

Looking forward to seeing Patrick being able to run the ball again. 

48 minutes ago, mex said:

Thankfully our secondary is improved... it's legit one of the best units we've had in the last 20 years. They're still going to get their yards tho. We just need to win the takeaway column and let Patrick do his thing.

Looking forward to seeing Patrick being able to run the ball again. 

They have a good line.  Pressure may be hard to come by without blitzing which is... concerning.

14 hours ago, mex said:

Yep me too... kinda looking forward to seeing more of FAU since we're short-handed at DE. Danna is a solid backup but I'm hoping FAU can make a push.

FAU against Sewell?  Not a matchup that would be favorable for the Chiefs.  I'm guessing that Spags will have a higher than usual number of blitz schemes and Conner, McDuffy, Crennal, Bolton, etc. will be the main defense pressure sources.