Chiefs Lions game day thread

I'm excited to see how all the pieces fit. New offensive tackles. Revamped WR group. The emergence of Skyy. The new bodies on defense. 

Speaking of defense ...if there is a major concern for me it would be that. Not just the absence of Jones and Omenihu...but traditionally the Chiefs D starts slow. Takes them to about week 7 to hit a stride. That could be a huge issue tonight.

20 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I decided to break out my lucky Tony Moeki jersey for the game. If things fall apart in the first half I’ll exchange it for a plain T-shirt at halftime. 

Hell I'm surprised that jersey hasn't fallen apart. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

FAU against Sewell?  Not a matchup that would be favorable for the Chiefs.  I'm guessing that Spags will have a higher than usual number of blitz schemes and Conner, McDuffy, Crennal, Bolton, etc. will be the main defense pressure sources. 

He's a rookie... I don't expect him to dominate or even get the start over Danna. I just want to see what he's capable of. You never know.

13 minutes ago, mex said:

He's a rookie... I don't expect him to dominate or even get the start over Danna. I just want to see what he's capable of. You never know.

Yeah, I want to see him play and develop as well.  Just not expect much early in the season especially against someone like Sewell.  Karlaftis didn't become effective until the later part of last season.  

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, I want to see him play and develop as well.  Just not expect much early in the season especially against someone like Sewell.  Karlaftis didn't become effective until the later part of last season.  

Yep. My point was without CJ and Big O, he's gonna get snaps he might not normally see. I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got.