Chiefs Lions game day thread

The positive out of this is that it took everything a healthy Lions team had to beat us by 1 point in a game where our WRs were the worst possible version of themselves and we didn't have our 2nd and 3rd most important players. In fact, I think the defense is a lot better up front than I thought it would be without Jones. Let's not forget, the Lions were the 3rd best offense in the NFL last year with a 6th ranked passing game and 11th ranked rushing game. Our defense shut them the fuck down. 

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yes I can. Kelce will be back. Jones some day as well as Omenihu. We will be fine. We can't expect a receiver performance like this every game. We beat ourselves. 

This is true, but until even one of the seven jokers at WR show they are anything more than a #3 or #4 WR, it will be rough.

1 minute ago, Mr Ev said:

You can’t honestly look at yourself in mirror and think the Chiefs can do much w receivers like this.  

one bad night does not make a season.  Toney was shit tonight but remember he missed pre-season with injury and didn't have a hell of a lot a time to get ready for this game.  

Disappointing loss, but the defense played pretty well against one of the top O-lines and a good QB.  The WRs won't have many nights this bad.  One has to wonder if Toney felt the effects of not practicing all fall.  Not making excuses for him, he lost the game, but he did play well last year.  Reid will kill this team's chances if he can't figure out how to make a yard on third down.

Just now, Thegoatee said:

This is true, but until even one of the seven jokers at WR show they are anything more than a #3 or #4 WR, it will be rough.

It's a wake up and mahomes will be all over it. Not worried as we have started way worse and still did well.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

It's a wake up and mahomes will be all over it. Not worried as we have started way worse and still did well.

Might be a good thing.  Put guys on notice. Would love to give Ross more of a chance on O.  Give him a shot the other guys outside of MVS didn’t do jack

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yes I can. Kelce will be back. Jones some day as well as Omenihu. We will be fine. We can't expect a receiver performance like this every game. We beat ourselves. 

I don’t care about the drops. But they weren’t open much. That’s an issue. 

they better figure out short yardage. That is old.

Kelce is KC's only reliable receiver.  The rest suck.

Jones knows that his value increases daily right now.  It's dirty AF to his teammates, but he'll get paid eventually.

All that said, the Lions were REALLY good the 2nd half of last season, they are definitely going to compete for a playoff spot this season.

Thought the team looked like shit.  Too many commercials being made by mahomes, kelce and Reid.  Minds are elsewhere.  Yea kelce didn’t play tonight but still too many distractions for all of them.  Chiefs didn’t come to play they came to look important which they aren’t.  Next man up doesn’t  work when the next man sucks. Team want prepared and that is on Reid, spags and whoever is responsible.  Embarrassing to lose to the lions on opening night in arrowhead. 

12 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Kelce is KC's only reliable receiver.  The rest suck.

Jones knows that his value increases daily right now.  It's dirty AF to his teammates, but he'll get paid eventually.

All that said, the Lions were REALLY good the 2nd half of last season, they are definitely going to compete for a playoff spot this season.

Agree to some degree with the first part but Jones value doesn’t increase because of that game.  The D held them to 14 points and looked fine.  Our O should have had 30.  I bet Veach doesn’t budge.  All the leverage is with the front office.  CJ loses money and makes it easier with each passing game to stand pat and then tag him next year.