Chiefs Lions game day thread

Just now, Lamardirts said:

Agree to some degree with the first part but Jones value doesn’t increase because of that game.  The D held them to 14 points and looked fine.  Our O should have had 30.  I bet Veach doesn’t budge.  All the leverage is with the front office.  CJ loses money and makes it easier with each passing game to stand pat and then tag him next year.

Trade CJ for a WR and a 1st rounder.

What a hot dog shit performance by our offense tonight. 
Our left tackle seems better but damn our right tackle looks suspect. 
Can’t convert on third and short. This is bullshit. Get a fullback or take Allgretti and fuckin hammer it in there.  I’d rather not get it trying to line up and punch someone than play cute football. 
drop balls. I’m not what the hell to say about that. Blows me away. 
Defense played great and take away the puck 6 and they held the lions to 14. Damn good. 

9 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

What a hot dog shit performance by our offense tonight. 
Our left tackle seems better but damn our right tackle looks suspect. 
Can’t convert on third and short. This is bullshit. Get a fullback or take Allgretti and fuckin hammer it in there.  I’d rather not get it trying to line up and punch someone than play cute football. 
drop balls. I’m not what the hell to say about that. Blows me away. 
Defense played great and take away the puck 6 and they held the lions to 14. Damn good. 

4 years of dog shit plays on short yardage 

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

I could actually see Veach making a run at a player like Mike Evans.  TB isn't going anywhere and adding a first rounder might get them closer to a QB like Caleb Williams.  

They need that middle pressure. When they play allen and burrow, it will be different than Goff. Trade something else for Godwin. They don’t need a slow big body guy. They need someone who can separate. 

Did any gimmick play work this week? The jet sweeps, short yardage dumb plays, etc. all failed badly and all lost yards, save maybe Toney getting bear hugged for a yard. I get they like to do fun stuff, but the Lions standard game won while the Chiefs gimmicks lost. We all know it is Andy with these stupid 3rd and one plays and nobody else. The man needs to chuck those out the window. We haven’t even run a QB sneak since Mahomes kneecap popped out of place. Everyone knows we are going to do lateral crap. If our interior 3 are so good, just freaking hit the guy in front of you and get a yard!

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

9 dropped.passes tonight,  think we could have used Hopkins? Might have to do a trade to TB for Evans if this continues.

That is sickening to see on paper.  I knew it was bad but looks way worse when written out.  Yikes.

I think the Defense looked fairly good. The WR's looked horrible. The right tackle did ok he was also going against a premier pass rusher in my opinion. LT looks better. Just the WR's looked like man like they were nervous. I bet next week if they look the same with drops and such Veach will be on the phone lookin for a WR. 

Defense was good, despite no  CJ, but they were exhausted at the end.  CJ would have made the difference on some of those spirit-killing conversions.  Offense  wasn't bad except for the lack of communication between Mahomes and the receivers.  I think the biggest fault was Reid playing Toney so much.  What was he thinking?  How could he keep his concentration and catch the damned ball when he had no full-speed reps against good NFL teams throughout the pre-season and is then thrown into the fire?  I would pin this loss on Reid's use of receivers and on his simply not knowing who is the best type of receiver for different situations.  It will get better.  Reid is not usually a dummy.

9 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Defense was good, despite no  CJ, but they were exhausted at the end.  CJ would have made the difference on some of those spirit-killing conversions.  Offense  wasn't bad except for the lack of communication between Mahomes and the receivers.  I think the biggest fault was Reid playing Toney so much.  What was he thinking?  How could he keep his concentration and catch the damned ball when he had no full-speed reps against good NFL teams throughout the pre-season and is then thrown into the fire?  I would pin this loss on Reid's use of receivers and on his simply not knowing who is the best type of receiver for different situations.  It will get better.  Reid is not usually a dummy.

so much? Maybe Patrick's targeting IIRC he had 9 plays in the first 1/2 and targeted 4 times in all

32 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Receivers have been catching the ball since 8 years old. No excuse not to do that job as a professional when they all hit you in the hands and in stride.

21 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Receivers have been catching the ball since 8 years old. No excuse not to do that job as a professional when they all hit you in the hands and in stride.

Kinda makes me miss Mecole Hardman. Mahomes hits Hardman in stride like that and he might’ve taken it to the house.

9 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Kinda makes me miss Mecole Hardman. Mahomes hits Hardman in stride like that and he might’ve taken it to the house.

yea  he only got a 1 yr $4M contract..hard to think  that would not be $$ well spent given his history and improvement not to mention speed

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

yea  he only got a 1 yr $4M contract..hard to think  that would not be $$ well spent given his history and improvement not to mention speed

Yeah Mecole had his share of plays where he started running before securing the catch too. Fuckin ridiculous. Catch the ball. 

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah Mecole had his share of plays where he started running before securing the catch too. Fuckin ridiculous. Catch the ball. 

hardly makes him a deformed unicorn. dont get me wrong I'm not moaning the loss just wondering out loud..

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Receivers catch the ball when they have maintained practice, like anything else.  I don't care of you are the best hitter in baseball.  If you are not in the cage every day, your batting average goes down.  If you are the greatest golfer in the world, you practice constantly, or your handicap goes up. That goes for anything, not just sports.  Kadarius Toney should never have been put in that position after missing all of camp and pre-season.  He should not have been used as a #1 in that game.  That's on Andy or on Nagy.  Wishful thinking and not good thinking.  It is on the coaching staff.  I know Kelce was out, but throw it to someone who practiced all summer and played in the pre-season, for godsakes.