Chiefs Lions game day thread

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Receivers catch the ball when they have maintained practice, like anything else.  I don't care of you are the best hitter in baseball.  If you are not in the cage every day, your batting average goes down.  If you are the greatest golfer in the world, you practice constantly, or your handicap goes up. That goes for anything, not just sports.  Kadarius Toney should never have been put in that position after missing all of camp and pre-season.  He should not have been used as a #1 in that game.  That's on Andy or on Nagy.  Wishful thinking and not good thinking.  It is on the coaching staff.  I know Kelce was out, but throw it to someone who practiced all summer and played in the pre-season, for godsakes. 

Even if you have not hit that ball but are given a loved softball, you should still hit it more times than not. He is paid to catch and just because he did not see live action I doubt he just sat there and did nothing too.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Receivers catch the ball when they have maintained practice, like anything else.  I don't care of you are the best hitter in baseball.  If you are not in the cage every day, your batting average goes down.  If you are the greatest golfer in the world, you practice constantly, or your handicap goes up. That goes for anything, not just sports.  Kadarus Toney should never have been put in that position after missing all of camp and pre-season.  He should not have been used as a #1 in that game.  That's on Andy or on Nagy.  Wishful thinking and not good thinking.  It is on the coaching staff.  I know Kelce was out, but throw it to someone who practiced all summer and played in the pre-season, for godsakes. 

BS!!  These guys are paid MILLIONS to catch the damn ball.  There are NO excuses for balls that hit them right in the hands!  If they were wrong routes, or badly thrown balls, I would give the no practice thing some credit, but this is the basics of CATCHING THE DAMN BALL!  These drops were drive killers, and Toney better wake the eff up!  Because that shit last night was flat out embarrassing.  

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Even if you have not hit that ball but are given a loved softball, you should still hit it more times than not. He is paid to catch and just because he did not see live action I doubt he just sat there and did nothing too.

It's not like live action against a real opponent. Remember, one of those drops was when another receiver ran right between him and the ball at a tiny fraction of an instant before the ball got to him.  No one's nervous system can re-track a ball coming in fast and re-adjust their eyes and hands that quickly.  I'm not worried about Toney's ability to catch the ball.  I worried if he can avoid injury for more than a couple of games. The amount of pay he is receiving in his contract has absolutely nothing to do with it, and I know that you know that.  You are just pissed.  I was pissed at the way everyone played and how it was coached.  The only thing truly good was the D.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

It's not like live action against a real opponent. Remember, one of those drops was when another receiver ran right between him and the ball at a tiny fraction of an instant before the ball got to him.  No one's nervous system can re-track a ball coming in fast and re-adjust their eyes and hands that quickly.  I'm not worried about Toney's ability to catch the ball.  I worried if he can avoid injury for more than a couple of games. The amount of pay he is receiving in his contract has absolutely nothing to do with it.  Think.

Think? What the hell is he being paid for if not to catch as a receiver. Think.

15 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

BS!!  These guys are paid MILLIONS to catch the damn ball.  There are NO excuses for balls that hit them right in the hands!  If they were wrong routes, or badly thrown balls, I would give the no practice thing some credit, but this is the basics of CATCHING THE DAMN BALL!  These drops were drive killers, and Toney better wake the eff up!  Because that shit last night was flat out embarrassing.  

Toney is only being paid 13.7 million on his rookie contract. You can't expect him to catch balls all the time..... /sarcasm.

If this continues it is an issue. He has to stay healthy and rebound the next game. I would throw him some easy balls right away and get his confidence back up next game. 

12 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Did any gimmick play work this week? The jet sweeps, short yardage dumb plays, etc. all failed badly and all lost yards, save maybe Toney getting bear hugged for a yard. I get they like to do fun stuff, but the Lions standard game won while the Chiefs gimmicks lost. We all know it is Andy with these stupid 3rd and one plays and nobody else. The man needs to chuck those out the window. We haven’t even run a QB sneak since Mahomes kneecap popped out of place. Everyone knows we are going to do lateral crap. If our interior 3 are so good, just freaking hit the guy in front of you and get a yard!

There’s enough film now teams aren’t surprised.  They know exactly what these plays are doing and where they are going.  Trying to run outside on a 3rd and 2 off and gimmick play.  Weak as hell.

5 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

There’s enough film now teams aren’t surprised.  They know exactly what these plays are doing and where they are going.  Trying to run outside on a 3rd and 2 off and gimmick play.  Weak as hell.

I would hope that Andy is setting this up.  Later in the season, he will totally screw up an opponent by running something totally different out of the same look.  It seems that later in the season, Reid is playing mind games one step ahead of everyone else.  Creating film.

At least I hope.  But it all looked like old tired out plays that the Lions has studied well and prepared for. Made me gag.

Kind of a perfect storm for the Chiefs this week.  CJ drama, Last minute injury to “The Offensive game plan”, Toney coming back last minute and new players.   

I believe there was a moment (the Toney pick 6 drive) that I thought we were going to open up a lead and never look back.  Compounding errors were too much to overcome.

Im very optimistic this morning though.  Toney wasn’t hurt and he will get those drops figured out.  CJ and Omenihu will be back this year, and our Oline will gel. And maybe most importantly, Kelce will be back soon.   Like some others said, if we were going to lose this was the game.  Should wake the team up.  I would hate to be the Jags next week. 

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yep. These guys are pros. Half the people in this thread could have caught the two Toney blew. 

15 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

That's interesting. It looked like he would have gained more yards if he went north, but I'm not so sure now. If he cut up north and the safety and LB caught him everyone might be saying why didn't he follow his blockers?   

28 minutes ago, qnet said:

That's interesting. It looked like he would have gained more yards if he went north, but I'm not so sure now. If he cut up north and the safety and LB caught him everyone might be saying why didn't he follow his blockers?   

that's the problem anymore 1 picture does not tell the whole story  and yet people who want to believe take it as gospel most of them twatter followers. I'm no fan of CEH but I am thankful to Geoff for setting the record strait

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

that's the problem anymore 1 picture does not tell the whole story  and yet people who want to believe take it as gospel most of them twatter followers. I'm no fan of CEH but I am thankful to Geoff for setting the record strait

Geoff is probably right, but CEH wouldn’t make that cut if nobody was there.

38 minutes ago, qnet said:

Until CEH breaks a 10+ yard run, nobody will give him benefit of the doubt. When did he last get av20+ yard run?

2 hours ago, mex said:

Yep. These guys are pros. Half the people in this thread could have caught the two Toney blew. 

I saw one of the best posts by someone on Arrowhead Pride comments:

"If Kadarius Toney batted every ball down to the ground that was thrown his way ......the Chiefs would have won by 6 points."

7 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Just breath.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

A good running makes the first guy miss in the hole. The hole there is plenty big enough to elude the LB. Cutting back there gives himself an opportunity to make a big play. But it is CEH so it probably would not have been different either way