Chiefs Lions game day thread

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

A RB should only dream of having 5 yards of easy space before being 1-on-1 with a S and nothing but daylight behind him. If Clyde cuts it when he should, Campbell is flowing too hard to the play and he has 1 man to beat 10 yards deep. Geoff needs to go back to hating on Clyde because that play was dogshit. Tell me what Jamaal Charles would have done against that then rethink your approach to it 

12 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

BS!!  These guys are paid MILLIONS to catch the damn ball.  There are NO excuses for balls that hit them right in the hands!  If they were wrong routes, or badly thrown balls, I would give the no practice thing some credit, but this is the basics of CATCHING THE DAMN BALL!  These drops were drive killers, and Toney better wake the eff up!  Because that shit last night was flat out embarrassing.  

Yeeep.

And here's an interesting tidbit that should make all of us even a little less easy...

https://fansided.com/posts/chiefs-rumors-chris-jones-calls-bluff-orlando-brown-replacement-mahomes-trusts-toney?a_aid=40734

Jordan Dajani of CBS revealed as much with a damning stat that should have Mahomes wary of throwing Toney's way again: Toney's drop rate of 9.7 percent on 82 career targets is the highest in the NFL since 2021 among wide receivers with 75 or more targets.

And that was before Toney dropped another pass, raising his drop rate to 11 percent.

7 hours ago, kccrow said:

A RB should only dream of having 5 yards of easy space before being 1-on-1 with a S and nothing but daylight behind him. If Clyde cuts it when he should, Campbell is flowing too hard to the play and he has 1 man to beat 10 yards deep. Geoff needs to go back to hating on Clyde because that play was dogshit. Tell me what Jamaal Charles would have done against that then rethink your approach to it 

Charles would have cut back and gone way down the field IMO, but he was way faster than CEH. I'm not sure CEH would have made it, it's hard to know.  

23 minutes ago, qnet said:

Charles would have cut back and gone way down the field IMO, but he was way faster than CEH. I'm not sure CEH would have made it, it's hard to know.  

Speed over 10 yards is fairly negligible amongst NFL players. It's the 20, 30, 40 yards where they truly start to separate. If Clyde cuts that when he should have, he and the safety are meeting where Clyde has a nice gain at a minimum, with at least the chance to make a move against the safety for more. Charles likely makes the move for more in that situation. 

17 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Mitch is an offensive lineman not a RB. 

i bet if you ask most RBs they take that cutback lane and expect to make the first guy miss and get a good gain

He knows blocking and what rb do when they are to create lanes etc and where the rb is suppose to go. It is easy for us simps to complain when a still picture shows the exact moment of what it looks like compared to play call, blocking etc.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He knows blocking and what rb do when they are to create lanes etc and where the rb is suppose to go. It is easy for us simps to complain when a still picture shows the exact moment of what it looks like compared to play call, blocking etc.

I get that. And Mitch was a great lineman. one thing to keep in mind however is Mitch is a company guy and will protect the players

But I stand by any good running back takes that cutback lane and makes a play

45 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Mitch is an offensive lineman not a RB. 

i bet if you ask most RBs they take that cutback lane and expect to make the first guy miss and get a good gain

Mitch's job was to know the blocking scheme... who goes where, who blocks whom.

This is 100% based on the gap the RB is supposed to hit. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

Was he only doing that on passing plays?

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yep. I think even the announcers picked up on it too if I remember correctly. 

I remember Brandon Albert doing that a few years back. I'm sure Andy Heck will get him straightened out pronto. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

Mitch's job was to know the blocking scheme... who goes where, who blocks whom.

This is 100% based on the gap the RB is supposed to hit. 

And sometimes the hole opens somewhere else

it’sa zone run. Not a specific hole to hit. As a RB you find the hole or cutback

Following Geoff on this one is stupid because he's wrong. He's so wrong. There's a point where you have to trust what you know. If Clyde as much as stays square and presses up against Thuney's asshole (as I indicate in the picture), he gains way more yards because he's forcing Campbell to make a decision on which gap to fill and Clyde can react. Not playing the cut was a HUGE mistake by Clyde and Geoff is a dumbass for saying otherwise.

clyde1.png

By the way, Geoff says playing the cutback would have ended the play at the LOS, which is where it ended anyhow.