Travis Kelce Injured

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KCTV) - The Kansas City Chiefs may be without one of their most prolific offensive weapons when they open the season in two days.

Coach Andy Reid stated that tight end Travis Kelce hyperextended his knee during practice at practice, and his status for the game against the Detroit Lions is unknown while he is being evaluated.

57 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it is not serious. Guessing he will be out for Thursday's game, which sucks. Means other players have to step up. Detroit surely was gameplanning to double Kelce, so we could have an edge on them having no idea what to expect. 

Just keep him out.  Not worth rushing him back at this point.  

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

Noah Grey time! 
I like his skill set! 
he’s quick, and has been around. Unleash him. 

If we lose this game it’s setting up for a difficult season.  Can Pat make backups better without Kelce and also have to win by scoring a shit ton of pts due to a below average defense?  I’m not sure.

16 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

If we lose this game it’s setting up for a difficult season.  Can Pat make backups better without Kelce and also have to win by scoring a shit ton of pts due to a below average defense?  I’m not sure.

Remember when chiefs were 3-4 in 2021 and finished 12-5? Never doubt a mahomes led team.

6 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

Every Season is difficult, first thing is that this is a non conference game so it will not affect standing at all, second thing is that is it is the FIRST game of the season. If we lose we lose but to act like there are no other players besides Patrick, Travis and CJ is stupid. These guys are all PROFESSIONAL Football Players and they need to step up and perform like it...  I am not conceding this game at all and hope the crowd will help, but if we do lose then it is not the end of the world or season.

Travis Should not play thursday, we will have 16 more games that we need him for and i would not want him to risk more extreme damage to his knee and possibly lose him for the season.

I think he'llplay. Had them and they are more scary than serious. His MRI came back negative  for tears so put a brace on it. After MVPat's performance  in the SB TK wont let  a small tweek  stop him.

last night on Inside NFL  Ocho Cinco  pretty well described it perfectly and expects him to play as well

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I think he'llplay. Had them and they are more scary than serious. His MRI came back negative  for tears so put a brace on it. After MVPat's performance  in the SB TK wont let  a small tweek  stop him.

last night on Inside NFL  Ocho Cinco  pretty well described it perfectly and expects him to play as well

If there's even a small risk of greater injury, of course Kelce shouldn't play.  But I don't agree that this game isn't important.  The Chiefs' schedule is brutal and there about six or seven teams with a chance to win the AFC.  This game counts as much as any in the final seedings so they can't afford to let it slip away.