If the season ended today...

Chiefs would be in as a wild card. I know...I know. A lot of season left but most analysts I read prior to the season felt KC would take a step or two back and miss the playoffs. An interesting game next week...and I think we need this one since its an AFC matchup and Buffalo is right there with us as a WC contender.

The Chiefs SHOULD handle Buffalo.  They are better.  But the great thing, and sometimes most frustrating thing about the NFL is there are few easy wins.  Certainly nothing to be taken for granted.  BUF's front 4 is top notch and scary.  If we can't get to Orton, Sammy Watkins could be a tough matchup.

The Chiefs SHOULD handle Buffalo.  They are better.  But the great thing, and sometimes most frustrating thing about the NFL is there are few easy wins.  Certainly nothing to be taken for granted.  BUF's front 4 is top notch and scary.  If we can't get to Orton, Sammy Watkins could be a tough matchup.

With their top 2 running backs hurt what does their run game look like going into the game? If they are one dimensional I tend to worry less unless its Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. Orton will make some passes but limiting the YAC and not giving up the big plays has been much improved this year for the Chiefs D. I agree overall the Chiefs are a better team. But the better team doesn't always win.

Guest Chieftain

The Chiefs will be in the playoffs by the end of the season if they play like they have the past 7 games. The Bills will be a tough matchup coming off their bye. I know history is bad against Buffalo lately but Reids teams arent like Haley's or Edwards. I think the matchup with the Bills will be similar to the game against the Chargers, Chiefs 23 Bills 20. On paper to me, it looks like the Chiefs will finish 9 and 7. Predicting losses to the Seahawks, Broncos, Cardinals and Steelers. Predicting wins against the Bills, Raiders(2x) and Chargers. In retrospect I thought the Chiefs would be 4 and 4 by this point, here's to hoping for at least 5 more wins. This team has found an identity IMO with it's ball control offense and stout defense. Long sustained offensive drives, i.e. 6 to 8 minutes, leading to points will be paramount to their success. If the defense can start creating more turnovers it will be even more fun to watch. How impressive does that Chiefs win against the Patriots look now? That game woke the Patriots up, like the disaster week 1 against the Titans awoke the Chiefs from that point on.

Guest Chieftain

This is a setup game too, with SEA on the horizon.

I highly doubt they're thinking about Seattle at all right now. The Bills are a wild card contender, I don't think they'll be overlooked. Sure, we as fans have had the Seattle game circled since the season schedule was released, but I don't think the Chiefs as a team think that way.

I highly doubt they're thinking about Seattle at all right now. The Bills are a wild card contender, I don't think they'll be overlooked. Sure, we as fans have had the Seattle game circled since the season schedule was released, but I don't think the Chiefs as a team think that way.

"Setup" is a Mongo-ism from when I used to prognosticate versus the spread.  There's an ebb and flow to a football season.  And there are games where you are "set up" to lose -- at least versus the spread.  This feels like one of those games. If I were betting this game I'd bet BUF or leave it alone. 

Im sure all those teams see KC on their schedule and are not putting a win in the bank. KC has shown they can beat any team so why say they cant. I see a 5-3 finish with all games being very competitive. I do predict KC whips Denver big time. Denver is not as great as the media makes them out to be. KC can still win this division.

Im sure all those teams see KC on their schedule and are not putting a win in the bank. KC has shown they can beat any team so why say they cant. I see a 5-3 finish with all games being very competitive. I do predict KC whips Denver big time. Denver is not as great as the media makes them out to be. KC can still win this division.

I agree. I see us beating Seattle, Denver and Arizona.

It's about match ups. Yes, our run defense is not looking good, but when you can gameplan against (Seattle), it should help. The only we don't match up against is Denver....But who does??? (with the exception of Belichek)

The Chiefs alway have a chance to win in Arrowhead so don't write off Denver and Seattle, but winning in BUF is nearly mandatory if they expect to have a real shot at the playoffs.  With the AFC north so strong, the Chiefs have to finish ahead of the Bills unless they win their own division.

The Chiefs alway have a chance to win in Arrowhead so don't write off Denver and Seattle, but winning in BUF is nearly mandatory if they expect to have a real shot at the playoffs.  With the AFC north so strong, the Chiefs have to finish ahead of the Bills unless they win their own division.

That's why I'd split between Buf & Seattle although the Chiefs can win both, taking the Buffalo win.

Get to Orton early, and he'll throw you some picks.

Buffalo has a good front, but so did SF, St. Louis, Miami and even the Jets. Reid has been neutrilizing those good fronts with formations and play calling. I think he does it again this weekend.

Run out ouf pass formations, and pass out of run formations.

Get to Orton early, and he'll throw you some picks.

Buffalo has a good front, but so did SF, St. Louis, Miami and even the Jets. Reid has been neutrilizing those good fronts with formations and play calling. I think he does it again this weekend.

Run out ouf pass formations, and pass out of run formations.

Orton, has been one of the most inconsistent, streaky QB's you'll find as of late. He'll throw lights out a few plays then throw a head-scratching pick out of nowhere seemingly summing up his career. Keep in mind our Defense is doing all this without turnovers this year! Completely the opposite of last. I expect TO's in this game, a one-sided affair where Orton has to throw more than anticipated due to his start RB's out.

Orton, has been one of the most inconsistent, streaky QB's you'll find as of late. He'll throw lights out a few plays then throw a head-scratching pick out of nowhere seemingly summing up his career. Keep in mind our Defense is doing all this without turnovers this year! Completely the opposite of last. I expect TO's in this game, a one-sided affair where Orton has to throw more than anticipated due to his start RB's out.

Yea, it will be interesting to see how Sutton handles Watkins. Maybe, keep everything underneath and make the tackles once they catch it. If we pressure orton though, it may take watkins out of the game.

With no running game, I look for them to try and beat us with short underneath passes.

That's why I'd split between Buf & Seattle although the Chiefs can win both, taking the Buffalo win.

As you know, the Buffalo win is easily more important. We are competing with them and that's the only way we can get them a loss. Plus, losing to them also shoots our morale a little bit. Losing to Seattle doesn't mean much because they're in a different conference, even though we would love a home win against them.

Yea, it will be interesting to see how Sutton handles Watkins. Maybe, keep everything underneath and make the tackles once they catch it. If we pressure orton though, it may take watkins out of the game.

With no running game, I look for them to try and beat us with short underneath passes.

The Bills have beaten some solid teams a la the Bears?, Dolphins, Lions. Keep in mind Miami was struggling a bit early season and have found terrific form as of late. I watched Buff get blown out by the Pats. Brady, hurt them with quick passes; kept that front 4 honest and on their heels. This bodes well for Reid's west coast scheme. I like a solid gameplan coming from Reid, not rendering far from our strengths.

As you know, the Buffalo win is easily more important. We are competing with them and that's the only way we can get them a loss. Plus, losing to them also shoots our morale a little bit. Losing to Seattle doesn't mean much because they're in a different conference, even though we would love a home win against them.

Also, Seattle is just not as explosive anymore. I don't see it at all. Losing Golden Tate was huge, and now the trade of Percy Harvin. If you shut down Skittles, you might as well taste the Rainbow and get the W.

I agree. I see us beating Seattle, Denver and Arizona.

It's about match ups. Yes, our run defense is not looking good, but when you can gameplan against (Seattle), it should help. The only we don't match up against is Denver....But who does??? (with the exception of Belichek)

Huh????

Raiders are the ones that scare me. That offense is starting gel. Carr is really accurate and takes what the defense gives. He nickels and dimes to death. It looks so familiar to our offense.

The Raiders don't scare me, but they have a history of beating the Chiefs when it looked like an easy game to win. You cannot pencil in those wins just yet. 

The Chiefs play at Buffalo, Arizona, Oakland, and Pittsburgh. Those will all be tough games to win, even at Oakland. 

The Chiefs play Seattle, San Diego, Oakland, and Denver at home. This is not the easy part of the schedule. 

If the Chiefs win out they may very well be the division winner. However, it is just as likely that they will play themselves out of the wildcard spot. The Chiefs stumbled a bit yesterday, but won. Parts of their game looked very good. Other parts were depressing. They will have to play better if they hope to pull out a win at Buffalo. 

Archived