Jones Signs One Year Deal

44 minutes ago, xen said:

For the record I am against letting him get away.

Yeah, I also don't want him to leave. I really want to make another run, and I'm not sure the Chiefs can do it without him. After this season who knows what will happen.

53 minutes ago, xen said:

For the record I am against letting him get away.

You get a quarterback like mahomes or defensive tackle like Jones and you do everything you can to keep them.  Chiefs fans of all people should know how hard it is to find those guys. We have done almost as bad getting DTs as QBs. 

28 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Jones brings that rare interior pressure. We know everything he brings to the table and his value. He is not someone we want to let get away. He’s a rare breed.

however, it would look like the writing is on the wall. 

I hope if anything, we can tag and trade for much better than a possible 3rd round pick.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

I hope if anything, we can tag and trade for much better than a possible 3rd round pick.

Veach set it up to extract as much value as possible. CJ has got to perform this year to make up for what he lost in the holdout. That will help us this year, plus it will make him a game wrecker for a needy contender who could get 3 more years of production, SB experience, and veteran leadership out of him. That's a good sized window for a team like Da Bears or whomever.

Just now, xen said:

I still don't think we have any intentions to try and trade him.  He has more value playing for us than he can bring in a trade.

Long as we can afford him, hell ya. Our cap space in '24 and '25 improves significantly, so it would be great to keep him. 

That said, all this cap shit is confusing AF and my guess is if our position improves, so will that of other playoff contenders.  All that means is average salaries will continue increasing across the board... and we'll need that extra dough to keep Patrick upright and maintain our championship-level secondary.

2 minutes ago, mex said:

Long as we can afford him, hell ya. Our cap space in '24 and '25 improves significantly, so it would be great to keep him. 

That said, all this cap shit is confusing AF and my guess is if our position improves, so will that of other playoff contenders.  All that means is average salaries will continue increasing across the board... and we'll need that extra dough to keep Patrick upright and maintain our championship-level secondary.

just my gut feeling but I think a reworked MVPatrick contract is upcoming as well

57 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

just my gut feeling but I think a reworked MVPatrick contract is upcoming as well

We're just starting year 2 of his extension so it may be a minute.  You think they'll pick up his roster bonus?  Next year he drops from 134m dead cap hit to only 62m dead cap.  In a few years he has a big 1 year cap hit jump to 62m so that may be the target year (2027).  In the meantime he'll have to live on that t-mobile money.

So, he signed something that said he would honor his current contract, as long as he is paid more for the last year of it.  Just wow!

Sounds pretty stupid, but he deserves more money for the last year of his current contract. We'll see how he plays this year.  Maybe we trade him for a couple of picks or to move up and pick some AAA grade WR, preferably someone who can catch a pass. I think now that we finally have a solid 2nd level and back end, we can afford not having Jones at tackle.

3 hours ago, xen said:

We're just starting year 2 of his extension so it may be a minute.  You think they'll pick up his roster bonus?  Next year he drops from 134m dead cap hit to only 62m dead cap.  In a few years he has a big 1 year cap hit jump to 62m so that may be the target year (2027).  In the meantime he'll have to live on that t-mobile money.

T-mobile

subway

state farm

head and shoulders

Mahomes may make more money on endorsements than in football.

8 hours ago, Calichief said:

Jones brings that rare interior pressure. We know everything he brings to the table and his value. He is not someone we want to let get away. He’s a rare breed.

however, it would look like the writing is on the wall. 

I think the writing on the wall may have been that white shirt and dark blue hat he had on when he was shown sitting in the stands during the Detroit game with his agents sitting on both sides (who looked like mafia consiglieri).  He pointedly was not wearing a chiefs jersey and hat.

32 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I think the writing on the wall may have been that white shirt and dark blue hat he had on when he was shown sitting in the stands during the Detroit game with his agents sitting on both sides (who looked like mafia consiglieri).  He pointedly was not wearing a chiefs jersey and hat.

I think you think too much lol

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Guido Dee and Guido Dum.