Bear with me. Ross and Rice need to start as 1 and 2 on the depth chart.

We need twin towers at those positions. 
Toney did not have a training camp or preseason, and it showed. 
Moore ran a ton of routes and wasn’t targeted once. 
MVS is a slot receiver. 
Ross and Rice are rookies, I get it, but the two guys they lined up at 1 and 2 looked lost. Or cursed in the case of Toney. 
No more jet sweep shit. 
No more tricks. 
Just size mismatches and that possession receiver mentality instead. One on one I’ll take the ball away on a jump ball. 
what do you all think? 

29 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

We need twin towers at those positions. 
Toney did not have a training camp or preseason, and it showed. 
Moore ran a ton of routes and wasn’t targeted once. 
MVS is a slot receiver. 
Ross and Rice are rookies, I get it, but the two guys they lined up at 1 and 2 looked lost. Or cursed in the case of Toney. 
No more jet sweep shit. 
No more tricks. 
Just size mismatches and that possession receiver mentality instead. One on one I’ll take the ball away on a jump ball. 
what do you all think? 

Give 'em another week before you send them to the gallows.

I’m “disappointed” and I think it wouldn’t hurt to shake this depth chart up a bit. That was sickening and the talking heads are lauding the Lions for having some kind of franchise changing victory over here. A one point victory with gifts is not an indication that the Chiefs are done and the Lions crowned. It needs to be a shift in strategy that takes place now. 

52 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Toney had a lot of targets because he was OPEN!  He just has to catch the damn ball!

Toney will be back,  I am very sure about that.  Even Andy said that his drops were on him due to the lack of training camp time, that he put to much on Toney to fast.  Give Toney another week or 2 and I truly believe that he will be back to the form of last season.   

Toney was open constantly. While he drops the ball too much as a rule, I don't think Thursday night was an indication that this is some new normal for him. A normal night he drops maybe one of those balls and likely it's 1 over 2 games. If he doesn't drop the one for a pick 6, we win. If he doesn't drop the deep one over the top, we win. If he doesn't drop either we blow the Lions out, technically. So, while you hate the performance I don't know that you cancel the tour.

As for MVS, he's anything but a slot. He's about the definition of X as X gets, unfortunately. 

I am on board with seeing a lot more of Rice, Ross, and James this week though. 

10 hours ago, kccrow said:

Toney was open constantly. While he drops the ball too much as a rule, I don't think Thursday night was an indication that this is some new normal for him. A normal night he drops maybe one of those balls and likely it's 1 over 2 games. If he doesn't drop the one for a pick 6, we win. If he doesn't drop the deep one over the top, we win. If he doesn't drop either we blow the Lions out, technically. So, while you hate the performance I don't know that you cancel the tour.

As for MVS, he's anything but a slot. He's about the definition of X as X gets, unfortunately. 

I am on board with seeing a lot more of Rice, Ross, and James this week though. 

James was having issues with routes as well.  I agree, they'll get it cleaned up.  The WR room has talent but certainly did not show it in game 1.