Chiefs Jags

12 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Apparently the Chiefs didn't win the game.....the Jags lost it. They have the better talent. The game was theirs for the taking but "bad coaching" cost them the win. According to many on the Jags board 

Okay

The amusing thing to me though: the Chiefs had more rushing attempts than Jacksonville. Jaguars did themselves no favors trying to throw the ball 42 times.

My take is that two new offensive tackles is a huge change, and it will take half the season to really gel, where everyone knows everyone and are on the same page. That is harder and more intricate than any other feature in the game.  Remember how long it took the new line to gel after the loss to the Bucs in the previous Super Bowl.  I know these guys will gel.  Mahomes will also gradually get synced with these young receivers. Then add Omenihu to the D, and we could have a truly dominant team again.  After today, I am not worried at all.  The D will help us maintain a solid record until then.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Apparently the Chiefs didn't win the game.....the Jags lost it. They have the better talent. The game was theirs for the taking but "bad coaching" cost them the win. According to many on the Jags board 

Okay

At first I didn't get the obvious sarcasm.  It's funny how the losing team's fans always do that.  Its always the coach.

Trevor Lawrence is obviously very talented, but he rapidly lost efficiency in the face of our rush. He is not completely developed yet.  HIs first series was scripted. Lawrence got rid of the ball instantly.  It seemed  less than a second.  Once the script ran out and he had to actually read and make decisions who to throw to, it went downhill for him fast.

6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Especially in the red zone.  The back end knew how to get receivers to not get their foot down in the back of the end zone.  That saved us two touchdowns. Just good coverage.

Yeah, I was really impressed with that. 

This defense is gonna be sick with CJ back in the fold. Once Omenihu gets back watch out.  Offense will get it figured out.  Very encouraged by this game, that was a good offense.

Punt

Punt

Punt

FG after the RZ turnover on a short field

Fumble

Turnover on downs

FG

Punt

Punt

FG

Turnover on downs

I love how Jawaan Taylor been doing this shit for 5 years in Jville and nobody gave a shit but do it for 2 games in KC and IT'S OH MY GOD THE HORROR!!!!!

BTW here's best left tackle in the league Trent Williams lining up pretty much the same way last week.  Spotlight is bright in KC is all I can say.  Need to clean it up Jawaan and watch that jump as well.

20230910_211536.jpg

The defense did play outstanding to me. The one thing that really bothers me is I fell for the camp hype on Ross. As long as I have been a Chiefs fan I should know by now they always hype a guy up and he never comes close to living up to the hype. Well dammit they got me again. I still think we have a Wr problem. Not saying it can't get fixed just saying its a little houdini ish right now. And dear god #74 got some issues.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

I love how Jawaan Taylor been doing this shit for 5 years in Jville and nobody gave a shit but do it for 2 games in KC and IT'S OH MY GOD THE HORROR!!!!!

BTW here's best left tackle in the league Trent Williams lining up pretty much the same way last week.  Spotlight is bright in KC is all I can say.  Need to clean it up Jawaan and watch that jump as well.

20230910_211536.jpg

send this to Andy

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

And the bengals are 0-2 again 

Its too early and they are too good to call them "bungles" again, but I would love to see that.  They were really mouthy about beating us three times before the playoffs.  At least their fans have been. I would hate to play them now before our O line gels.

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

send this to Andy

The point is to protect the franchise, even if it costs a holding penalty each game. More than one? No.   I'll take a holding penalty from him any day to keep Mahomes from getting hurt, though.  The officials need to be instructed to be lax about that, especially since they are protecting QB's with a dozen different rules.  Peterson was all over the officials all last week to keep an eye specifically on Taylor.  That is just wrong.  Pisses me off. Andy was right to pull him out for a few plays. He was probably getting a little hot-headed about it.  Andy knows how to calm young guys down when he has to, without being a dick. Its one of the reasons his players love him.

1 hour ago, arthur75 said:

The defense did play outstanding to me. The one thing that really bothers me is I fell for the camp hype on Ross. As long as I have been a Chiefs fan I should know by now they always hype a guy up and he never comes close to living up to the hype. Well dammit they got me again. I still think we have a Wr problem. Not saying it can't get fixed just saying its a little houdini ish right now. And dear god #74 got some issues.

I have faith that they will get it fixed. It's too early for me to be worried about it

2 hours ago, xen said:

20230910_211536.jpg

Holy shit, even worse is their RT. He is farther back than Taylor was.

Final thoughts- the wr reps will change as we go along. I think Rice is the real deal. They are going with Watson way too much. Mvs is getting the most reps for whatever reason. Going to have to go with the young guys later on. 

Run the damn ball with Pacheco. Especially short yardage 

32 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Final thoughts- the wr reps will change as we go along. I think Rice is the real deal. They are going with Watson way too much. Mvs is getting the most reps for whatever reason. Going to have to go with the young guys later on. 

Run the damn ball with Pacheco. Especially short yardage 

MVS is getting those reps because he is fast, and secondaries have to respect it and stay deep.  That helps the short and intermediate game.