Chiefs v Bears

16 minutes ago, xen said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/9/24/23888547/chiefs-news-reid-mahomes-defend-jawaan-taylor-penalties

I honestly didn't think those were penalties.  I see guys lined up like this all the time.

Mahomes said as much in his post game presser as well as Andy, both believe he is lining up correctly.  

Mahomes had all day to throw the ball today.   The online isn't the problem.  Kelce had a false start and they called that TD back on Taylor for his alignmnet that was complete bull.  Taylor will be just fine.  The play that got Mahomes ankle rolled up with on Smith's side and I'm shocked they didn't call a penalty as Ngakoue fell into Mahomes leg.  Seems like it could have easily been avoided but was on purpose.  

Gabbert got the Mahomes treatment today in regards to his ints.   I love Rice and what he brings to the team but the dude doesn't have great hands.  That ball was perfectly thrown.   The first was a good play by the defender.

This was a great get right game.  Offense looked much better and our D is looking dynamic.  Karlaftis should have had a safety and got held badly.  Even Mitchel Schwartz commented on.  Fun game and glad both Mahomes and Smith seems to be ok.

I'm starting to like Dana a lot.  When Omenihu gets back, the D-line could be good and that's the weakest part of the D.

Where was FAU today?  Against the tattered Bears' line, he should have at least been noticed.

Ross has been interesting, but he needs to get his act together.  He dogs it when his number isn't called and doesn't draw a defender to his area at those times.  Seems to need an attitude adjustment.

McDuffie is the real deal.

If it's any comfort for the Bears, they can seek solace from playing the Donks in Chicago next Sunday.  Someone has to win...............don't they?  

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Man we were dumb to let OBJ walk huh?

The need a permanent, long term solution at LT.  Aside from that, they look pretty solid.  Sure,, a stud DE and Randy Moss type WR would be nice, but no team is perfect.  The D is young and has a chance to grow into a top unit. 

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The need a permanent, long term solution at LT.  Aside from that, they look pretty solid.  Sure,, a stud DE and Randy Moss type WR would be nice, but no team is perfect.  The D is young and has a chance to grow into a top unit. 

I believe woth how mahimes plays, you need a very good LT to above average type. Solid technique in not committing penalties but Mahomes makes the line look better. If we can get a stud true Wr 1, I think this offense hits the next gear.

34 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Man we were dumb to let OBJ walk huh?

Looks to me like Moore and Rice may very well develop into a solid #1 and #2 to go with Kelce, and they are VERY YOUNG.  I don't think it was dumb at all.  From a cap standpoint, there is no question at all.

On 9/20/2023 at 1:54 PM, kkuenn said:

Sprained toe? Fucker better be good to go. I broke 2 of my fucking toes doing combative and still finished the week-long training.

Have you ever had a sprained big toe?  And tried to move around on it?  I'll tell you this:  The big toe does 90% of the work your feet do.  The other toes are almost an afterthought, except helping with balance when you are just standing around. A bad sprain of the big toe is a semi-major injury that could take a few weeks with good therapy and maybe longer to reach full recovery.  A fractured big toe will put you in an orthopedic boot for 4-8 weeks. If you broke two toes that are not the big toe, they can just be taped together and use each other as a splint.

35 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Looks to me like Moore and Rice may very well develop into a solid #1 and #2 to go with Kelce, and they are VERY YOUNG.  I don't think it was dumb at all.  From a cap standpoint, there is no question at all.

I was being sarcastic

21 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Have you ever had a sprained big toe?  And tried to move around on it?  I'll tell you this:  The big toe does 90% of the work your feet do.  The other toes are almost an afterthought, except helping with balance when you are just standing around. A bad sprain of the big toe is a semi-major injury that could take a few weeks with good therapy and maybe longer to reach full recovery.  A fractured big toe will put you in an orthopedic boot for 4-8 weeks. If you broke two toes that are not the big toe, they can just be taped together and use each other as a splint.

I broke the pinky toe and had my big toe sprained,  same foot. You either completed the training or had to do it again.