Latest Rumor

1 hour ago, mex said:

Insanity. Our DL room doesn't have nearly the holes as our WR room. 

Name something else irrelevant as there are no good WRs on the street that wouldn't cost us anything and could come in and help us midseason.

If this is the route we go I'm fine with it.  Clark would presumably come with vet min contract.  Prorated for the rest of season it would just replace a bottom of roster contract.  Probably cost a few hundred thousand on the cap.  

You cannot have too many pass rushers.

27 minutes ago, xen said:

Name something else irrelevant as there are no good WRs on the street that wouldn't cost us anything and could come in and help us midseason.

If this is the route we go I'm fine with it.  Clark would presumably come with vet min contract.  Prorated for the rest of season it would just replace a bottom of roster contract.  Probably cost a few hundred thousand on the cap.  

You cannot have too many pass rushers.

I agree 

Would be nice to get a wr but which one? 
my thinking is u have to find one that would dictate coverage. Anyone of those would be too expensive. 

defenses are playing us with deep coverage and so we have to triculate down the field. Maybe even another TE? just spit balling here. 

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

Would be nice to get a wr but which one? 
my thinking is u have to find one that would dictate coverage. Anyone of those would be too expensive. 

defenses are playing us with deep coverage and so we have to triculate down the field. Maybe even another TE? just spit balling here. 

I really think we could do wonders with Pitts if Atlanta ever gives up on him.

36 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I really think we could do wonders with Pitts if Atlanta ever gives up on him.

No doubt but I don't see that happening.  Any receiver at this point would have to learn the offense. Outside of someone who's been here before or a savvy vet i dont see much reason for hope on the market.  Probably best to keep training up the youngsters.  Hate to say it but best bets for impact this season from outside the org are juju and mecole and both would be available for a reason.

On 10/13/2023 at 1:55 AM, xen said:

If they cut him I think it happens.  Wouldn't cost us hardly anything on the cap and the Bronco's would basically be paying him 4m+ to play for us.

I like him for the playoffs and his leadership with the younger guys.  

43 minutes ago, mex said:

And monkeys could fly out of your butt.

Clark has a solid history of getting playoff sacks.  Haven't seen any monkeys lately.  Last year, Clark took Karlaftis under his wing and really worked on his development.  It seemed to make a difference.  What if he did the same with FAU?  What's your problem with bringing in a guy who helped win two SBs and tutored a first round rookie, especially if there's little or no cost?  Not being worth his former contract doesn't mean he can't help.  JMHO

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Clark has a solid history of getting playoff sacks.  Haven't seen any monkeys lately.  Last year, Clark took Karlaftis under his wing and really worked on his development.  It seemed to make a difference.  What if he did the same with FAU?  What's your problem with bringing in a guy who helped win two SBs and tutored a first round rookie, especially if there's little or no cost?  Not being worth his former contract doesn't mean he can't help.  JMHO

I don't necessarily have a problem with it... but with Omenihu returning and considering the current exceptional play of our defense, and also considering  the below-average (for the Chiefs, anyway) play of the offense... I'd rather have them spend their efforts on a WR.  Either way I have confidence in the BrainTrust of the Chiefs' front office.

I’m for bringing in Clark for cheap. 
I just don’t know how and who gets suited up every week because there is a limit. 
that’s my only issue with it. 
I hate to take reps from current d line guys because they are all making plays. 
the Wharton, dannas Nandi, Karl , Felix etc. 

17 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m for bringing in Clark for cheap. 
I just don’t know how and who gets suited up every week because there is a limit. 
that’s my only issue with it. 
I hate to take reps from current d line guys because they are all making plays. 
the Wharton, dannas Nandi, Karl , Felix etc. 

Malik Herring and BJ Thompson both taking up roster spots and not playing much (herring) or at all (thompson)  You could trade one for someone like Clark who could help the rotation and stash the other on PS.  As for taking up reps, this would really be a move for the playoffs.